Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: IsBank  (Read 5054 times)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
IsBank
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:14:05 PM »
We've notised several members are using IsBank for TL and Serling/FX accounts (www.isbank.com.tr/English) but does anyone also have an account with them at their London Branch (www.isbank.co.uk)?
If so, what are the advantages of holding accounts at both?

Also, do IsBank or DenizBank still charge fees if you make 2 direct debits from your account?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8901.0
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:58:20 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
Re: IsBank
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:02:34 PM »
We've got 1 direct debit from our Deniz account and the charge is 5 lira a month.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:43:35 PM »
We have an IsBank account in Kalkan and have a DD set up to pay our electric. We were charged around TL36 for the year.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:31:15 PM »
Very useful information (with a comparison of 13 banks) on the Bodrum Bulletin Website:
http://www.bodrumbulletin.com/community/finance/798-2011-turkish-bank-charges-review
Thanks to Dave Good from the Turkish Living Website:
http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/banking-finance-insurance/48662-bank-account-maintenence-charges.html
Although it was compiles in May 2011, so some figures may be dated.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:33:20 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »
We have DD set up with Isbank to pay electricity, land line telephone, mobile phone and ADSL.  I have never seen a charge associated with these payments.  Maybe it's a question of how much money you keep in your account ?  Or when you opened the account with Isbank ?
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 08:48:10 AM »
littlelin and cosetta.
If you look at the table at the bottom of this report: http://www.bodrumbulletin.com/community/finance/798-2011-turkish-bank-charges-review
There are 6 banks showing their charges highlighted in green with a 2 above the charge. These banks do not make a charge if 1 or 2 bills are paid from the account.
littlelin - If you are being charged by IsBank and have one payment from your account then their criteria is presumably 2 payments so it might be worth you looking at setting up another direct debit to avoid charges.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 11:12:03 AM »
Hi,
We have two direct debits with Deniz Bank,for electric and water.The charge is now zero.However It is not enough to just have them set up.The account has to show that both are withdrawing money from the account,not just one.Initially only the electric ( tedas ) was taking money and the charges continued until the water decided to take one and once they did,the charges were zero

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 03:54:13 PM »
Bob&Jayne, thanks for the info. Mayday1, I'll have to have a look to see if I can pay our water bill by DD from an IsBank account as I know that originally this could only be paid from a Deniz account. Does anyone know if the Belediye are accepting DDs for Council Tax yet, that would be handy?

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 09:29:31 PM »
Ah the misssing link............A council Tax d debit.No i dont think they do it yet,bless them!!

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »
Does anyone have any idea of the current interest rates on the savings accounts? I have been looking on line but can't find anything. I am considering transferring some of our savings from the UK to our account that pays higher interest in Turkey. I am aware that rates of exchange etc can change and all the risks but it can't be any worse than seeing it dwindle in the UK. ^-^

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 06:25:51 AM »
All the banks in Kalkan are willing to negotiate on the rates they offer depending on the amount you want to put in and the term you select .

By locking our money in for six months we are currently receiving 9.95 at Deniz Bank, very slightly less at Is Bank.

It pays to shop around and ask the banks for their best (always unpublished) rate.

If you have an account with Deniz Bank (and probably with the other banks) and you wish to change sterling for lira, you get a better rate - by approximately half a percent - if you put the money into your lira acccount overnight and withdraw it the following day. 

I know it's no help when you are in the UK but both Is and Deniz employ English speaking customer account executives who will explain everything to do with their particular charges, rates, etc and they are extremely well informed and helpful. 

Lantana

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »
Thank you for the input Lantana, I received this from another friend today....

Hi Wendy Well I have actually recently enquired about this. For the first three months you get 10.15% and then 9.75% annual rate from there. Only problem is you have to have your money in Lira. That was great over Christmas as it was 2.97 TL but currently it is 2.82 TL so has gone down quite substantially . Normally as you know it hangs around 2.5 to 2.6. To be honest Wendy if you can catch it at a good exchange rate you have nothing to lose and I think you can also use the interest over here to live on rather than draining your UK bank account......

I have copied this to our financial advisor and it will be interesting to note his reply. We are quite happy for this to be a medium to long term investment - as I see it we must make more money over in Turkey that in the UK!

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 09:38:28 AM »
Last week Deniz bank were offering 11.40% for up to 3 months for new money deposited with them or 10.40% for existing accounts

Yapi Kredi paid the same

These rates were for accounts 100K TL +

Offline caradog

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 23
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 07:53:37 PM »
Hi Kevincat, just wondering where you saw those rates as Deniz website seems to indicate quite a bit lower:

http://www.denizbank.com/en/rates-fees/deposit-account-rates.aspx

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 08:26:19 PM »
Hi Caradog

Usually the rates on KTLN do not seem to bear a great deal of resemblance to what the banks actually will give you

I know that they vary by banks, amount to invest and the period

Last week I received 10.95% from Yapi Kredi for 100k TL for 35 days  and at the time another friend did this with Deniz Bank for a similar rate

So you pays your money and shop around as with everything in Turkey  ;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:27:53 PM by kevincat99 »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Withdrawing sterling from Isbank

Started by littlelin on Money & Finance

0 Replies
Last post February 19, 2019, 05:24:00 PM
by littlelin

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Views: 3707
By: jinfizzz
Just chillin''

Views: 4083