Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New Year  (Read 11459 times)

Offline Harry

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Christmas and New Year
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 05:36:16 PM »
Ali tells me he is opening KAPTAN RESTAURANT for dining and dancing from 20 - 31 December, with traditional dinner and all the trimmings on Christmas Day. Good food and great music. I''ll be there.

Offline Del

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: New Year
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 01:45:51 PM »
Hi all, just returned today 29th Dec after spending 7 days over Christmas in Kalkan. The following bars/restaurants are open:-
Kaya, Doysun, Utopia, Sofra, Istanbul, Ibo''s,Evo''s, Akin [just opened yesterday], Jasmine Garden, Aubergine & Trio.
This list is not meant to be exhaustive & if I''ve missed anyone I''m sorry, I thought it might be useful to anyone going to Kalkan in the near future.
We celebrated our friends anniversary at Trio''s last night & what a great night it was, thanks to Ali & the guys. Ali did say he was closing on 15th Jan.
Temparature on Friday 28th Dec was 23C, back home now & shivering like a wimp!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »
Lucky you, we have to wait until April for our ''fix''. How was Kalkan at Christmas? Was it busy? We are debating whether to go one year. It looks like more and more restaurants are opening now.

Julie

Offline Del

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 06:34:23 PM »
Hi Julie. This was the first christmas we spent in Kalkan, certainly worth going for a week. We were blessed with great weather which obviously helps.
There was not a lot of building going on,not compared to Feb 06 when we were there to finalise on our Tapu. The town certainly does not look its best at the moment, the hill to the Pirat hotel is still a mess but hopefully this will be cleaned up & repaired shortly. More people seemed to be arriving for New year than Christmas, the feel in the restaurants at evening time is great, much more intimate than summer.
Soon be April............

Derek.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 05:14:33 PM »
We too have just returned from Kalkan having spent a really super Christmas, as mentioned by Del the weather was fantastic together with the atmosphere.   The restaurants down by the harbour really made the effort by putting up fairy lights and displaying an animated Father Christmas in various shapes and sizes making different sounds or singing songs, the party hats etc were also out in large numbers. We were indeed very lucky to have had such a good week.  It made up for the 5hrs delay at Gatwick for our departure, but we arrived to a beautiful sunrise seen from the air and the journey back to Kalkan was lovely, very green, the snow capped mountains, kept us awake.   :)

Would certainly advise anyone interested in going at this time to give it a try, ok the weather could be very different but at least as have mentioned before its a lovely area to been seen at different times of the year, the wild flowers in the fields stunning, the oranges on the trees etc.

We cooked our own Christmas meal, turkey & all the trimmings which, having had a day out, drinks later on with some friends, we sat down to in the evening infront of our huge log fire and a bottle or two - shear bliss  - and Father Christmas came with prezzies   ;)

We were out in January this year and had similar weather although it did rain on our last day with a vengeance.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 05:18:29 PM by DRBD »
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline chris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 07:05:56 PM »
Thanks great news to hear that the weather was good
i am going out on the 5th jan .
does anyone know if the istanbul was open it is in the side stree by the moonlight
thanks
chris

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 07:51:19 PM »
Hi Chris,

Check out Del''s post on this thread and it is on the list of restaurant''s open.  It''s one of our favourites too, but will have to wait a few months before we get back.  ENJOY!

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 05:05:03 PM »
Hi Chris.

We were in Kalkan 3rd week in November and Istanbul was open then.

Have a great time.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New Year

Started by turkeyfan on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

4 Replies
Last post November 01, 2012, 05:44:14 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
New Year

Started by Blue Lizard on General Discussion

13 Replies
Last post January 16, 2019, 11:29:10 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
New Year

Started by pattaya on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post October 04, 2012, 05:13:23 PM
by pattaya
xx
Next year

Started by One sheet on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post July 15, 2013, 09:22:50 PM
by Cuddles

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Dusk

Views: 4177
By: kalkan4eva
Leaving the harbour