Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: HELP FOR VAN EARTHQUAKE VICTIMS  (Read 1777 times)

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
HELP FOR VAN EARTHQUAKE VICTIMS
« on: October 26, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »
I'm sure everyone has heard about and seen the horrific images of the poor people in and around the Turkish city Van after they suffered such a terrible earthquake earlier this week.
If you would like to send a donation to Van there are several ways in which you can do so. Whether you are in Turkey or not you can make a donation online through Kızılay the Turkish Red Crescent on the following website http://www.kizilay.org.tr/ Through them you may make a donation of a food hamper 'Gıda paketi' for 55TL or you can make a cash donation 'Nakdi Bağış' for any sum you wish. These will be debited from your credit card and the website is in Turkish and English.
If you are in Kalkan and would like to donate material things such as winter clothes, blankets, tents, heaters etc  (Baby food, nappies and hygienic wipes etc are especially needed) you can make a package and the PTT in Kalkan will deliver it to the PTT in Van free of charge, so far over 60 boxes of goods have been sent to Van from Kalkan in this way in the last two days and orders for blankets and heaters have also been placed. 
If you have a Turkish mobile phone you can send a blank SMS message to 2868 and 5TL will automatically be be donated to Kızılay and billed to your mobile phone.
Kalkan Belediye has also started a campaign to send goods- blankets, transportable food goods etc  to Van and if you would like to make a donation of such things through them you need to get it to them by friday the 28th of October at the latest.

I'm sure everyone will agree that all our thoughts are with the people Van and surrounding areas at this time and that all efforts will bw made to relieve their suffering as soon as possible.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8733.0
www.kapsa.co.uk official website also see Friends of Kapsa on facebook http://www.facebook.com/

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: HELP FOR VAN EARTHQUAKE VICTIMS
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:18:40 PM »
For those in the UK the Red Cross have, somewhat belatedly IMO, set up a disaster appeal. You can give securely online and if you're a UK taxpayer gift aid will be added automatically www.redcross.org.uk
Its been heartbreaking to see the news footage of this awful disaster and my thoughts and prayers are with all those affected.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:21:43 PM by kalkan4eva »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 07:29:11 AM »
In defence of any organisations outside Turkey, help was refused by the Turkish Government in the first instance but they have relented within the last couple of days & now accepting help from elsewhere.  Good luck to those all involved at this very sad, terrible time, there has been a great deal of heartache within the past week in Turkey.     
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »
It has indeed been a sad time for Turkey lately what with the flash floods, the terrorist attack on the soldiers and now the earthquake. My thoughts are with all those affected.
Nicky

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Earthquake

Started by belinda on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post June 22, 2009, 05:14:04 PM
by jofoss
xx
Another Earthquake

Started by alantj on Living In Kalkan

7 Replies
Last post July 10, 2012, 09:31:01 PM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
Earthquake

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post July 31, 2009, 09:41:16 AM
by Derya
xx
Kalkan 3.1 Earthquake??

Started by emma on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post May 21, 2011, 09:09:18 AM
by saskia

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal