Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Our Kalkan Chaser  (Read 3185 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Our Kalkan Chaser
« on: September 29, 2011, 11:29:43 AM »
I'm calling this 11 night stay our "Kalkan Chaser"...seeing how it has come so close to our stay last month ;)
Seven days into our Kalkan Chaser and the weather has been amazing so far. Staying at Haninn Apartments - a great last-minute deal from Eyup - and for the first time ever, we're considering coming back to the same accomodation. I have to admit, I'm missing the walking we normally do from Komurluk or staying higher up....well my clothes are starting to feel the strain of not doing much walking as opposed to me ACTUALLY missing the effort ::)
Its been incredibly relaxing, not having the offspring with us, but everywhere we go we're asked where they are..."At home, probably having a Facebook party, that we'll read about in the Daily Mail :)!"
Spent a wonderful afternoon with friends in the Merkez watching Swing Supreme play to a packed house - what a great little quartet they are. Catch them while you can, they think its unlikely they'll be back in Kalkan next year :( I'm also loving the temperature right now - you can, if so inclined, sit out all day and not feel overwhelmed by the intensity of the sun. The clammy, sultry evening are now over for the season too - its a lovely climate at this time of year and still no need for a cardi or pashmina when sitting outside late on.
Our favourite meal so far...White Table opposite Salt and Pepper. Wonderful gourmet burgers, excellent Iris rose wine and attentive service....all for less than 70tl. Amazing value.
We'll be doing a boat trip on Romantik tomorrow and eating at our favourite from last month (Gourmet) before this cheeky little jaunt comes to an end on Monday :(
So there's a heatwave back home, who cares...?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8621.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Our Kalkan Chaser
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 11:56:06 AM »
It sounds like you are having a lovely time. To quote from "the only way is Essex" I'm well Jel!!!

Toying with the idea of a week at half term, found ok flight prices but I would only have 2 days annual leave left to take between nov-april and work through Christmas as well, so think we've got to be content with our memories. OH and I are sneaking in a child free long weekend in Barcelona in November so I suppose I can't moan too much but how I wish we were off to Kalkan soon. Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and look forward to reading your reports as they are always so entertaining.  ;D

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 12:08:30 PM »
oooh sounds idylic, keep us up to date, love the 'live' reports. That Rose wine at White Table sounds fab can't wait to try it next year  ;D

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 03:08:45 PM »
So glad you are liking the HanInn apartments - we would love to stay there again. We fly out tomorrow morning and so better get packing I guess. Strange having to dig things out from my planned Kalkan wardrobe to wear in the UK heatwave!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 08:28:35 PM »
Hey k4r we're just behind you and also having a ball. Watched the opera and the swing band. Amazing.   Weather is truly wonderful and very comfortable compared to july! Maybe bump into you. Typing this on my phone so forgive any daft typos!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 09:05:34 PM »
I've described myself as an average size blonde with a short blonde (unruly) bob and my BH as being a big guy with no hair but I realise having spent this morning at the market that there are lots of blonde bobs about....happily entwined with men with no hair :o :o No wonder Misty had trouble locating us last month :)
Please remember though...the clue is in the footwear....watch out for bling on feet (me of course :)) and BH is a BIG guy.
elcee, Haninn is a little gem - so glad we stayed here. Hope to see you around in the next few days. itstime...are you bag shopping? I'm sure we'll bump into you over a Mulberry or two ;D

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 10:32:51 PM »
Hi K4E, you sound like a lady I met briefly in the Moonlight Bar back in August - I found a bit of bling and it turned out to belong to the lady next to me's shoes.  Can't say I noticed the OH - but any memory of that episode?? The weather sounds absolutely gorgeous over there - and am now tempted to book Kilim Cottage again next October if I don't have to work by then (school holidays type job at present, but redundancy looming). Let me know if that was you!! Bw Skunk

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 08:11:43 PM »
Lol k4r I will definitely look for the bling. Just heading to bag shop in 5 minutes!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 08:48:25 AM »
Ha, no Skunk it wasn't me....the only thing I've ever lost in Moonlight is my balance :)....naturally blame the slope as opposed to the gin :o

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 10:52:36 AM »
Yea well!!!  We all know about the slope!!!  You have to be an honoured guest to get to the top!!! However the gin might have been a contributory factor methinks!! CX ::)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
Kalkan 2..:)

Started by salstar on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post July 06, 2010, 10:30:03 PM
by salstar
xx
Kalkan gym

Started by Haybo on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post August 17, 2015, 12:17:24 PM
by MATT J

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bettona at dusk

Views: 3663
By: Cosetta
kalamar beach