Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: HOW AND WHO TO SELL YOUR PROPERTY WITH  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
HOW AND WHO TO SELL YOUR PROPERTY WITH
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:35:25 AM »
Interested to hear from anyone that has listed a property for sale in Kalkan about how many agents or websites they advertised with and whether this caused any problems.  I've seen a neighbour's apartment advertised on a UK website at 25% over the asking price he has told me he wants and also another friend's villa advertised at 20% under the asking price.  I've also seen some photos I've taken for friends wanting to sell that have appeared on UK property websites without any apparent contact with the owner.  Makes you want to adjust the old lawyer joke - what do you call a hundred estate agents at the bottom of the sea? A start!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8572.0

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
Re: HOW AND WHO TO SELL YOUR PROPERTY WITH
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 10:10:08 AM »
Some people wanting / hoping to make a commission copy photos and info about properties for sale, then post this on their own sites.  Often the info is out-of-date.  Kalkan does not have such a thing as multiple listing contracts.  Who sells gets the commission.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline GandT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »
We bought a property this year, and had originally been dealing with the people Bee was dealing with. Like many Turkish agents, they say they can sell you any property you're interested in. While this is often the case, it wasn't for the property we were interested in, and they almost lost us the sale by showing us the property when they had no right to (someone will always have a key to hand), as well as contacting the owner directly and trying to negotiate on our behalf. We also had experience of their website inaccuracies. One property was on for at least 6 months after it was sold (by another agent), for £30K under what was asked. I can say however that the agent we bought from, Bridget at Black Lion Property in Kalkan, was very straight and she had exclusive rights to sell the villa - this seems to be the way she works and it does make everything much more transparent. She is British, is married to a Turkish man and has lived and worked in Kalkan for many years. I would definitely recommend her.

Offline Cameron Deggin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 10:40:31 PM »
Hi, to whom it may concern, would it not be a much better way to compete if everyone focused on proper client care and service as opposed to throwing mud at one another?  I am Cameron Deggin from Place Overseas,and I can categorically advise you that the above is absolute non-sense!!  GandT and Bee, I take it you are estate agents in Kalkan, please focus on business, you will get far this way......
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:26:36 PM by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
how to sell and the process

Started by molly on Buying A Property & Real Estate

4 Replies
Last post July 28, 2011, 07:49:48 PM
by yardan
xx
Can I buy or sell my items on EnjoyKalkan?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Welcome & Frequently Asked Questions

0 Replies
Last post January 08, 2008, 08:41:38 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Acoustic guitar - borrow/hire/sell 2 weeks in August

Started by Tizz on Classifieds - Wanted

3 Replies
Last post July 19, 2016, 12:09:37 PM
by Tizz
xx
Property Tax

Started by happy days on Buying A Property & Real Estate

5 Replies
Last post August 24, 2009, 05:16:30 PM
by happy days

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal