Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Gaia79

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Hello :)
« on: September 24, 2011, 08:46:40 AM »
Hello;

I and my husband bought a house a year ago in Islamlar area. I just discovered enjoykalkan website and wanted to say 'Hi!'.

We both are Turkish. We've been visiting Kalkan, Patara, Fethiye and Kas every summer since 2001 and finally we bought a house. We like Patara very much, Kas little bit less, but Kalkan is always our favourite. At the moment I and my husband are working in Istanbul, so we don't have a chance to spend all year in Kalkan, but we spend at least a month in Kalkan per year. We're planing to move to Kalkan permanently in 3 years...

We were renting an apartment in Patara (Merhaba Hotel/villa) before we bought our house. Our apartment was close to the beach and cozy, however 'mosquito's' were the main problem during all the summer and it was also too hot. At the moment we don't have mosquito's, Islamlar is not as hot as Kalkan, Patara or Kas and the view is great.

Our favorites are: Patara, Kaputas, Kalamar beaches, Kekova, Oludeniz (Death Sea), Foto's Pizza (Best pizza in the area), Aubergine, Baba Zula  , Doy Doy (Very good fish & meat), Aspendos (Only restaurant worth to go in Patara), I couldn't remember the name but 'Little Doner Place' in Fethiye Fish Bazaar is one of the best not only in the area but in Turkey...

Hope to meet you one day.
Adikti's... :D 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8594.0

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 08:57:52 AM »
Hi Gaia79! 

Welcome!

Glad you found us and it is great to have you on board! I am sure you will be able to contribute enormously to this forum. Would love to hear more about life in the Islamlar area - have only been there once but I can still feel the freshness and see the lovely trout lunch we had in a restaurant where the hanging grapes almost touched my head.

Cheers

Steve

Offline Gaia79

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 09:50:45 AM »
Hi Steve;

We were going and we are still going to Huseyin's Place (Trout Restaurant) in Islamlar a lot before we bought our house. It could be the same restaurant that you've been. There are many restaurants in the area but we only tried Mahmut's and Huseyin's. Mahmut's is more 'elegant', but we like Huseyin's food better so we prefer Huseyin. The grapes are all over at Huseyin's :) too. Next village to Islamlar is called 'Uzumlu'. 'Uzum' means grape. From Uzumlu there is a short cut to Saklikent which we always use. 

The weather is not as hot in Kalkan in Islamlar area. There should be more or less 5 to 7 degrees difference because of the height. Our house is at 800 meters height from the sea. We were in our house for 21 days in July and 25 days in the late August / early September we used air condition only for 10 times (but also consider that our house is a stone house). 

My husband is a classical ballet dancer so we like to jogging in the mornings and the weather aloud us to run until 11 o'clock in the morning in the forest and all the beaches are 15 to 20 minutes drive from our home; so if you want very hot you can reach whenever you want.

The houses are not very close to each other in the area so we really feel like we are in the 'nature'. We see all 14 km's Patara beach from our balcony. The forest is very lively for bird watching. There should be many villa's to rent (I suppose) but I only know 'Ataol Evleri' and 'Ogan Villa's'. Both have also swimming pool.

I believe Islamlar area is a good option if you like the nature, don't like the crowd and very very hot at night. But to have a car is a requirement in the area...

I believe this is all that I can say at the moment. I also would like to hear from your side about Kalkan area.

Cheers,
Adikti's.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 10:01:58 AM »
Wow the description of your house sounds perfect.
Not as sure about the joging though :o I admire anyone who could even contemplate jogging or running in the heat (or even when it's cold ;) ) Wish I could be motivated to do it.
I'm off to the airport in an hour or so to catch Dalaman flight and will be in Kalkan tonight :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »
Great report, welcome to the Forum.  :) Nice to have Turkish people giving their views too. 

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 01:31:57 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, it is always great to have some Turkish members.   

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 03:51:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
Nicky.
Nicky

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 04:42:07 PM »
Many welcomes to both of you, it will be great to hear the veiws of Turkish people.  Im feel sure you will be able to answer loads of questions regarding how things work in Turkey and kalkan, cant wait to read your posts.  Your house sounds wonderful.  I must try Aspendos in Patara 8) 8) 8)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 09:05:39 PM »
Hello Gaia and welcome to the forum.  I agree Aspendos in Patara is a great little restaurant.

Offline Gaia79

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 05:46:33 PM »
Thank you so much for your answers  :).

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Dudyma Temple

Views: 3046
By: blondie
Chilling out