Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Owners experiences with renters  (Read 14229 times)

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Owners experiences with renters
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 07:37:13 AM »
Babyboomer, point well taken.  In speaking of 'guests' in past I have used both terms 'renters' and 'guests'.  But most owners here assume that guests are invited to stay with the owner, so to distinguish what kind of guests it is rather common to speak of 'renters'.  But I agree it does sound harder, less courteous.

Re TV, we have found that most all our guests do watch our TV, do watch movies on our DVD player and do use the stereo system. One teen even brought his X-box, connected it to the TV in his bedroom and apparently stayed up most of every night gaming !  Our neighbors have even had guests who insisted on having TV from the UK, they set up a sling box for them.

MartynE -- my experience with those people who send floods of emails, call you several times with the same questions (or ask you to call them repeatedly) are always a p-in-t-A !  They are seasoned complainers.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:39:15 AM by Cosetta »
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 08:07:13 AM »
Why the hell is it a problem for someone to watch TV on holiday??? i like a TV..especially when world cup or like next year the European championships are on...i don't booze/go out everynight at home so why should i booze/go out everynight just because i''m on holiday..we like to stay in occasionally and just splodge out..i always book places that have a TV ..we met an elderly couple this year who were too worn out by the daily stuff they did to go out so stayed in at night with telly....also some younger people who money was tighter for didn't go out every night but went out alternate nights and the charming family in the kaya who granny babysat the kids at night watching dvds while the couple had some downtime....i have booked for next year my 25th in kalkan..and will enjoy the odd night in watching telly without wrecking the joint!! if mrs L wants to stay in and watch BB while i go out so what? we always respect other peoples homes and have had no complaints from any of them and indeed  now think of many as friends...now you must excuse me i'm missing my programme .
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 07:10:47 PM »
Well this thread just goes to show that everyone is different....we may all 'enjoy Kalkan' but we all do it in our own way. Personally not having a television on holiday is a bonus for me, a real excuse to get away from everything, we don't even buy a newspaper, I work on the principle that if something so important happens that I need to know about then the news will get to me somehow.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 09:06:29 AM »
thank you Cosetta and BL....beginning to think I should be on the naughty step for wanting a tv in our rented accomodation.
As Babs sys, good job we're all different :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Resident: No
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
We always call guests 'guests' without even having to think about it. We also watch TV when we are at our apartment - we rarely watch it to watch actual programmes because we're only ever there for a week at a time and usually just catch up on the news/weather etc. However I'm sure that if we were there for longer we might enjoy the odd night in and watching dvds.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 06:11:08 AM »
To be fair we always refer to our guests as 'Guests'............... I only time I have ever refered to guests as renters was when I posted on EK..........Sorry if I offended anyone  8) ::) 8)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 10:48:17 AM »
To be honest as serial renters i don't think most are bothered what they are referred to as we certainly don't mind whether it's renter /guest or friends.. being looked after in nice surroundings and being lucky enough to stay in someones home in a great place whilst enjoying the amenities as accurately described are more important.When we find a place we like we tend to go back each year if we have been looked after,we only changed this year to a smaller place to save money....it just means i bump into the mrs more!! :P

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »
Your never guess who I bumped into in 'Spec Savers' yesterday............ Everyone  :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
ANOTHER QUESTİON TO OWNERS THAT RENT OUT OT TO HOTEL OWNERS

Started by Random on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 21, 2011, 07:06:49 PM
by MartynE
xx
Renters - What are your preferences?

Started by kalkanbelle on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post February 16, 2013, 05:42:20 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Wi Fi - Is it important for renters?

Started by kalkanbelle on General Discussion

48 Replies
Last post January 30, 2012, 09:44:11 PM
by Cosetta
xx
Problem Villa Renters

Started by kevincat99 on General Discussion

32 Replies
Last post July 07, 2010, 11:23:39 PM
by MartynE

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal