Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 18 degrees and wet (well here in UK)  (Read 2253 times)

Offline sidari

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
18 degrees and wet (well here in UK)
« on: August 23, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »
Hi all, Got back yesterday to UK-what a difference a day makes ( I feel a song coming on!)
Anyway, good flight out with Thomson, back with Thomas Cook- no delays either way. This is our second visit to Kalkan (thankyou Dalaman cars for good service and car) The D400 was interesting at the dead of night what with the roadworks etc, but easier in daylight on return! We stayed in a lovely villa just down from the new school and up from the chinese (thanks B and D-not fogetting Mehmet who was brilliant). This holiday was just what was needed after a very traumatic time at home.
What can I say,the big K still has its magic. Most days spent around the pool, a couple of barbecues, drinks on the roof with a perfect view. Into town a few times for shopping and meals. A lovely meal at Omars kitchen (and a takeaway- and breakfast on last morning!) Cafe Vita very good, but all staff everywhere were saying how quiet it was this year. In fact we did feel a little hassled at times to get us into places although very politely. That level of "accosting" was not evident 3 years ago. We ate at Ozalps twice- absolutely delicious with fantastic service. We ate here on our last visit- it was good then as well.
We saw lots of dogs-all friendly and mostly sleepy, we heard the odd scrap but slept in total silence.
Virus- what virus? Four of us- 2 adults (nearly 3) and 1 child. Not a sign of a problem, cleaned teeth in tap water, ate fruit and salads. Didnt hear anything about any virus! Or perhaps we were lucky?
Thought a massive storm was brewing one afternoon last week which was exciting, the wind became very strong and hot. Umbrellas collapsed, pool chairs and cushions took flight, then nothing! The next day in typical Kalkan style, sun, clear blue and mid thirties (oh the memories). Did Kas, Kaputas, Saklikent and Patara-a must do- we didnt last time and wished we had.
So dont listen to the negatives-the positives have them thrashed. I worried for nothing. Kalkan is a must see place. It is pretty, it is hot and sunny, its people are the friendliest we have met, and one day we may be back.
And so I sit here gazing out at leaden skies and rain and work tomorrow, but close my eyes and Kalkan is there and I only wish I was there to. Beam me up scotty!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8401.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: 18 degrees and wet (well here in UK)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:00:11 PM »
Lovely report, wish I was there.
Joan

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 07:11:09 PM »
Well done, Sidari, I enoyed reading your feedback. Thanks for taking the trouble to write. It sounded straightforward and honest and I like that. If you went up from the Chinese, I guess you can turn right and then you come out by The Market?  Or have I got my bearings wrong?

Cheers

Antler

Offline sidari

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 08:58:41 PM »
Hi Antler, you are about right. If you turned right at the 2nd road up from chinese, you would go past the school on your left and come out at the top of town opposite bus station. If however you turn right opposite the school and down the hill you are on main road opposite market near Yalis general store-Omars Kitchen. Whatever way we walked, we were at taxi rank in 5-7 mins, just perfect from there to meander to harbour (more effort required on return when full of good food and Efes). Oh the joys of a pool and A/C!!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 09:48:35 AM »
W
Nicky

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »
Don't know what happened with above post!!
Anyway , lovely report Sidari, we also love Ozalps, we didn't eat there last year and when we went this June the guy on the door(the Turkish Telly Savalas look alike!), every night tried his best to get us to go in but we'd always got somewhere else in mind, anyway one night we surprised him and said we'd give them a try and it was one of the best meals we had that holiday! We will definitely be back there next June.
I bet you will be returning next year!!

Offline sidari

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 07:40:34 PM »
Hi HolmfirthNicky glad you liked Ozalps as well. Turkish Tel on the door is instantly recognisable. On our last night the (i think) head waiter was dressed as a pirate- really looks the part as the hair is naturally black, long and curly. I had the peppered steak first visit and steak mexican on the last night. Both meals were amazing-all the family loved their meals. You dont often see Ozalps mentioned so its good to see my sentiments are shared. By the way,if you go to Kalkan in October do you drink the last of the summer wine? I know--terrible joke probably done many times before-sorry!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal