Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: When am I there ................................................  (Read 7809 times)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: When am I there ................................................
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 10:57:51 AM »
Twelve nights sleep for us, bring it on!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »
Eniste....where are you?
You need your clipboard out checking how many afternoon naps need to be added :-* :-* ;D

29 for us and no siestas ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline leesyloo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
17 sleeps for me (& it's going vereeeeeee slowly!!!!)

Offline oldh

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 02:25:45 PM »
12 more sleeps + Flight + Transfer = Efes time  8)  ;)

Offline babyboomer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 06:24:16 PM »
eleven more sleeps for me, then miss 12th sleep as in the air on route to kalkan. and i so agree with you, time is going by sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slowly.

i expect this is how children feel when they are waiting for santa. (sorry i cant remember that far back) but i think it is like this for the grandchildren.
come to think of it we have a soon to be 18yr old on 9th september, and he is so excited about this birthday and has been driving us loopy, because he has been counting down since about 134 days to go and updating me on  an almost daily basis.

now as i fly out 7 days later, it has been a very L...O.....N......G summer child waiting for big birthday , me waiting to pack, knowing i cant go until after the big party but with a constant update reminding me how long before i can hand over all responsibilities and be gone for a much needed break.  ummmm. but almost there. i will have to clear up party stuff, see off the visitors, put the house back into some sort of order  first, or then again;;;;  hugs. xx

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 06:54:42 PM »
Just counted again - 14 more sleeps to go.   Then thinking only a week out in Kalkan this time, clearly not enough.    Cheered myself up by buying air tickets for next June and next September.    I won't start counting for those sleeps though until my return to England!   Weather looks good at the moment and I'm looking forward to a dip in the pool.    Have no plans to go skinny dipping like Antler (anyone not knowing about his pool experience should look at his holiday reports).    Come to think of it though I left my swimsuit in Kalkan in June and just hope it still fits.    I haven't exactly been dieting these last months.

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 07:11:02 PM »
35 sleeps to go, loved the place that much we bought a villa, take ownership in October - yeeeee haaaaaaa

Offline babyboomer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »
Brian J P  we love kalkan that much too, but havent been brave enough
 to invest in property.  well i am but husband more careful, am curious. hope you dont mind me asking. did you just fall in love and then decided to buy on that visit? or have you been thinking and looking for a while? and which area did you plump for. were you driven my villa or location?. I keep looking and looking, but hubby still holds back. we will get there one day, as in have our own home. kalkan keeps calling so we do have several breaks, but am never ready to come home ,

it is just wonderful that you will have your own home. enjoy, as im sure you will.

regards x

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »
Hi, pretty much fell in love  with Kalkan on first visit about 3 years ago. Looked at Calis area but always drawn back to Kalkan. location was the main factor, including  those wonderful views of the bays,  must admit third time lucky with villa, two previouse attempts ended in failure and I did spend a few bob on solicitor fees etc on each occasion, so I can understand your hubby,s caution especialy in current climate. Kalkan always been slightly more expensive for property than other areas, but prices are falling and becoming more realistic, ended up buying villa near Samira delux Hotel up at top of main road across from petrol station, bit of a walk down into town but the views make up for the leg work required to get back  from the village

Regards
Brian

Offline kalkanchris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 12:10:34 AM »
six more sleeps roll on for a bit of sunshine, lovely food, boat trip, Kalama breach club, cafe vita,patara ruins, looking in shops, visit to Kas, visit market, effs, our Turkish neighbours, lying and relaxing swimming in our lovley pool, and lots more things to many to mention, can;t wait.

Offline babyboomer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 07:36:37 AM »
hello brian.

you must be so excited. I know the area well, and the views are simply fantastic. it is impossible not to just love kalkan. we have  been on holiday to many places abroad, but never wanted to re-visited that is until kalkan. in fact i thought people who went year after year to the  same place were missing out. that was until we fell in love with kalkan. (have i already mentioned that)

we to have been coming back for about 3 years.

next visit we are staying in kalamar bay . it is also a bit of a hike,  getting up the hill on to the kalamar road, to start the walk into town. everywhere is a little hike. the upside ,given that the knees and back hold up well ,is that the excercise is brilliant for health,in addtion to weight loss. all this combined with the great weather, the wonderful people of kalkan, the fantastic food and places to eat and OH the wonderful views wherever you look.

good for the soul, well great for everything.

I will keep chatting to hubby, keep showing him the PROS and CONS list.the only item on the cons list is the packing the cases and lugging them all back again, because we dont have our own place to leave our kalkan clothes and i always have to pay to pre-book extra luggage allowance.

thanks for sharing your journey. you have now done it and it will be so, so worth it. just fantastic. you will always have your kalkan dream now  realised. how can you not be happy.

DID i mention before that to discover kalkan is to fall in love. i might have.

regards and very best wishes for a trouble free move in day.xxxxxxx :) :) :) :) :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 10:42:34 AM »
Go for it Babyboomer. 

We bought a duplex apartment on our very 1st visit to Kalkan and still love it.  We're not that far from the SD and love the views and the cool breeze.

ps I'ts lovely to leave all your 'stuff' in Kalkan so that it's ready for your next visit. :)
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline babyboomer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 08:13:03 AM »
Thanks Turkeyfan.

i am coming out soon for an extended stay, well a bit longer than my 3 weeks, oh bliss. hubby is only coming for the usual summer break. I will wave him off with the tear and hanky at the ready, and then i will just have to open the wine and get back to my book ,in the sun looking out accross the bay. how will i cope?

hopefully he will miss me , when he is back and all wrapped up against the wind and rain, and cooking for himself.

when i say miss me, enough to say (ok ok, your right) me that is. we can buy a little place, start looking, or rather carry on looking.

we have to have our dreams and hopes and wishes. My kalkan dream is not going away. so i have been researching manageable long distance relationships. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the celeb's seem to cope well.

not many more sleeps to go, and as always am excited like a child. now the only immediate decisions to make, is going back through my "take to kalkan clothes" to elimate some, as an extra 10k is all i can bring and for the price you hace to pay i could have bought one or two new tops out in kalkan.

i hope you get to enjoy your home as often as is possible. such a great life and how to have that fantastic feel good moment from the time you wake up. the only way to be.

hugs, babyboomer :) :) :) :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

The Chillies gang

Views: 112
By: pw
On the Med