Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Never mind Kalkan, footy season is nearly here!  (Read 4812 times)

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Never mind Kalkan, footy season is nearly here!
« on: August 03, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »
Ok, the title is my way of handling the fact that I have had my visit to the land of Efes back in June and that lots of people are either there or looking forward to visiting sometime soon!!! Lucky, lucky people.
Roll on Sunday 14th when the might Potters put Chelski to shame. Oh, and to beat Hajduk Split tomorrow!!!

Ah well, I carry on trying to convince myself that Kalkan does not matter any more for this year.

Enjoy
 ;)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8283.0
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline kalkanchris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Never mind Kalkan, footy season is nearly here!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »
One stokie to another, you can keep your football, give me Kalkan anytime, think of me there from 12th to 25th Sept, happy footie to you.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 09:11:16 AM »
I am getting withdrawal syptoms from both!!after our relegation  this season i have no great expectation of anything cheerful..our chinese owner is up in court in hong kong next week on money laundering charges...he's propped up his other businesses with money from brum..saddling us with the debt..and sold some of our best with more rats to jump ship.....replacing them with free transfers!!....but on the plus side  crap manager judas mcleish has been sent over to Villa to get them relegated as well!!Darren Bent may as well buy a Tamagochi for company because he will be by himself up front  >:D ...i have booked for kalkan next year...the first game/opening of the 2012 euros will be 8th june i like going then ....i fully expect my holiday to be longer than Englands although i will be wearing my shirt with pride....interesting that at Eagles shop by the moonlight during tha last campaign an England shirt hanging up outside.... Everytime England played the shirt got cheaper....good luck on your european travels...we too have a euro tie to come(as cup winners)...i just hope we still have a team  :'( :'(
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:18:45 AM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »
Chris, I agree but footy is here for a while, not 2 weeks. I get my 'fix' even when in Kalkan when it,s usual for England to be playing, (I used to watch them too). A couple of years ago, I was in Kalkan for the start of the season and one bar advertised Stoke V Chelski, we turn up and they show.........Man City v some body!!??
 >:( >:(
BL, withdrawal symptoms is an understatement. I've watched the womens world cup, (was in Wolfsburg with work staying at the same hotel as the Swedish ladies team! only problem was they arrived as I checked out!!), under 19's, under 20's etc, sad or mad eh?? Just being listening to Talksport, a Brum fan came on and is convinced of a double relegation for you :o
At this time, I wish I was in Croatia but it was too expensive tbh.
Good luck mate, I think you may need it but relegation is a bit far.
 ;)
Ah well, off to watch a stream of the game on some dodgy internet site  ;)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 09:20:13 PM »
Up here in the frozen North, our season has already begun :) A win and a draw so far for the mighty Motherwell so here's hoping for a good season :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:39:20 PM »
...besides bags, footie is another passion of mine. I can never wait for the new season to start - particularly after a tournament-less close season :( :( I'll be here for the kick-off to the Premiership and have given my ticket away for the first home game against Sunderland. A lot of spending by King Kenny means big expectations by Fenway and the fans. Top Four has to be our target this year but pre-season hasn't been encouraging.
BL, I feel for you and all Birmingham City fans - no-one likes to see what's happening at your club happen to any side. I hope things pick up for you and a swift return to the Premiership is on the cards - but its a tough league to get out of but when your team is in disarray its doubly hard. Fingers crossed for you :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline edwina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 10:25:23 AM »
'Footie'  is this children's name for what was once a decent game played by working class, true sportsmen in front of appreciative, non-violent supporters?

The only bright side to the current abominable situation in England is the fact that the start of the new season might be delayed, perhaps until January 2012! (Just wishful thinking).

Apparently it takes a minimum of 100 police to herd the great unwashed 'Footy' supporters into and out of the grounds where some of the highest paid t.....s in the history of 'sport' display their girlish tantrums.

Surely these wasted police forces could be better employed rounding up those violent looters currently controlling the streets of our major cities and giving them a good kicking.

Just a thought.

Yes I do enjoy rugby and cricket, and yes my Father did play for Luton Town FOOTBALL CLUB in pre-war years.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 06:44:32 PM »
Edwina, I take it you have something against us 'great unwashed' footy supporters'. If you had not noticed, the very thing happened as you suggested, fixtures cancelled so our police can go and bang their shields trying to frighten the vermin scum currently running our streets. Good kicking, you are having a laugh!!
Anyway, I wont be washing until next May!  ;) ;)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 06:51:26 PM »
Must admit i took offence at being regarded as unwashed...but then Edwina called us "great unwashed" so i assume Edwina likes us :P

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 07:46:08 PM »
Well spotted BL, I never noticed that
It's good to be liked
 ;)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 07:41:49 AM »
Cafe EV (open one month great food) just down the road from us has Pompey v Chelsea on Sunday....... :D :D not sure where he is getting his fixture info from  ;D ;D

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 09:16:15 AM »
C'mon the Toon. Let's beat Arsenal 5-4 this season, instead of another 4-4 bore draw
 ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 12:43:31 PM »
just announced....Saturdays Spurs v Everton ...off....

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »
Right, here we go;
Footy top on ~ Check
Season Ticket ~ Check
Glasses ~ Check
Mate on the way to pick me up to go to the pub ~ Check
Wallet ~ Check
Wash and clean teeth ~ Errr!!
 ;) ;)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 10:02:27 AM »
Enjoy Rip Roaring Potter but don't forget the deoderant ;D
My team the mighty Motherwell are still sitting proudly on top of the Scottish Premier league 4 weeks into our season :)

Not sure quite whats happened ??? ??? ???

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »
i looked out for your results..nice to see someone else on top for a change!! ;)

down here it's business as usual.....Wenger moaning.....Barton acting like a prat.......Neil Warnock argueing with referees.....And Steve Bruce looking like hes just trumped!!......Thank god footys back!! :laugh:

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
Dear BL/itstime,
I'm off to Switzerland tomorrow to watch us take on Thun in the Europa league..........by coach!! Leave tomorrow, overnight travel & back straight after the game arriving home on Friday afternoon.
Should be a bit whiffy by then don't you know!!!!
  :-\ :o
 ;)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 09:00:27 PM »
Good luck to you mr potter a good effort against Chelski......we play Nacional in Madeira(portugal) thurs with our team of freebies ::) ..however i'm not going as work comes first..no workie = no kalkan......anyone else fed up with constant fabregas saga?? don't like Arsenal much but i'm damned sure that if an English team had blatantly tapped up a player for 2 years  fifa with stupid Blatter and sniff n shrug Platini would have created merry hell!! Barca good team, but you can't buy class and decorum. ...enjoy your swiss trip....buy a Toblerone and learn to yodel!!
                                                  Lizard

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 09:18:13 PM »
Thanks BL, hope you go on OK in Madeira. I've got a couple of days off from work to go.
The 'Arse' are not one of the teams I endear to as a supporter of a 'rugby team'.
Regarding Le Swiss, I will try to dodge those chaps with the large horns, but If I do happen upon one, I will take Mr Whinger's view and say that I deed not zee eet!!
 ;)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21:48 PM »
I thought chaps were leather trousers!!..i'm sure you would look very fetching in a pair of bibbed leather shorts and a felt trilby with a large feather in it...of course i'm not stereotyping !!..enjoy your trip..... ;D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:31:04 PM by blue lizard »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan on my mind!

Started by deepasforever1 on The Everything Else Area!

28 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 07:54:31 PM
by Potter
xx
European Footy

Started by Blue Lizard on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post November 18, 2011, 08:53:56 PM
by Blue Lizard
recycled
Put My Mind At Rest...

Started by sarah.ellie on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post August 14, 2009, 10:43:11 AM
by Leigh
xx
Efes......don't mind if we do ;)

Started by kizzy on Holiday Reports and Reviews

14 Replies
Last post July 10, 2015, 09:52:30 PM
by kizzy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal