Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: August 2011  (Read 8243 times)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: August 2011
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 01:55:42 PM »
Loving these reports, K4E - keep em comin  :laugh:

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 02:21:34 PM »
Well K4E I would definitely say BH has to go. All that Effes is such a drain on your resources ;D and anyway once he's gone you can pick up the rather healthy stopping smoking cashpot and put it to much better use than an Effes Fund ;)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:24:54 PM by itstime »

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
Hi, I'm really enjoying your report. It's getting me in the mood nicely as we arrive on the 19th.

Shame about the tummy bug - sounds as though it's pretty bad at the moment reading other posts too.
I wonder who is responsible for the outbreak - 1 naughty chef somewhere not washing his hands when he went to the loo!! Wish I knew which restaurant it was then I could avoid it! We went to Kas last year and I was very, very ill with the same thing so I definitely don't want a repeat performance this year.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and I look forward to reading the rest of your reports. 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »
Day 15 in the Big Brother House
All of the housemates are by the pool.

Number of mozzie bites                                 5 (collective total ;D)
Number of bags bought                                 6  ;D ;D(includes previous 3)
Number of days celebrating 18th birthday     2
Number of new Turkish words learnt             8
Number of times seen Misty                           0 (he's hiding!)

After two great days celebrating our youngest daughters 18th birthday, we're now into relax mode and countdown to home :(
We had an amazing meal in Coast the night before she turned 18 - Billy and Omer made sure it was really special - with a fab chocolate birthday cake...the complimentary coconut mohitos and sish pipe really rounded the night off. Our day out on Muddy Boat was fantastic - I can thoroughly recommend this boat Fahti was a great host and we loved every minute of the day - with another chocolate birthday cake complete with candles ;D.
We've done so well with the budgeting there was an option for more bag shopping.... :) So three more bags will be going home with us...just one more for me though ;)
We've squeezed in a trip to Fethiye and one to Patara today, but we will spend our last 5 days relaxing at the town beach/Palm Beach and just enjoying Kalkan *sigh*
Everyone is up for eviction next Wednesday :( :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 05:38:01 PM »
Ah K4E just look on it as another 5 days/nights in Paradise and banish all thoughts of leaving until the taxi arrives :)
Always try and do something on the last day eg boat trip, day at beach club or something. Usually enjoy it so much that don't have time to sit and think about the dreaded ::)

P.S. if you do bump into the elusive Misty, make sure you have all your handbags nearby and give him a good "clunk" with them ;D

Sorry Misty :P

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 10:39:57 AM »
ha ha, itstime. Consider him clunked if I bump into him - we keep missing each other in Moonlight...rather he keeps accosting strangers who he thinks might be me ;D ;D
We'll be back in paradise at the end of Sept/early Oct - that's keeping me going right now. Hope to see you aound then too :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 08:28:28 PM »
Hi K4E, it has been great reading your posts and we have been enjoying the updates. Thanks a lot for cheering us up during this lousy weather (although, it hasn't rained today!).

Hope the last few days are brilliant for you guys, too, and looking forward to hearing all about it.

Cheers

Antler

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »
Day 20 in the Big Brother House
Eviction Day :( :( :(

No. of mozzie bites                               18 (collective...think I jinxed it ::))
No. of tanned people                            5
No. of things to eat before tonight       too many
No. of bottles to drink before tonight   0 (what are plastic water bottles for?)
No. of new friends made                       lots, mostly Turkish.

Well the last 5 days have flown and we find ourselves in the unenviable position of packing cases to return to the UK :( BH and I will be back in about 5 weeks - feels a bit decadent, but we've managed to have a fantastic time here for three weeks and not spent the budget. What else can we do, but come back and spend it properly :)
Our last days have been here by the pool, at Palm Beach and the town beach and our last meals have been in Baharat, Mussaka (at the harbour) and Gourmet. Our last three meals have been really excellent, with perhaps Gourmet just shading it as our favourite overall - saved the best till last :), Fener, Mussaka and Coast are all close seconds.
Seems like a lifetime ago when we arrived late on 28th July...but its still gone incredibly quickly :P

Oh well, for now....you're live on Channel 4 (or should it be 5 now..?) Please do not swear.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 02:08:34 PM »
Its been great reading your posts K4e, glad to hear you have all had a fab time. Well done with the budget.  Im in Kalkan from 16th Sept for a week, may be see you ?    You wont be able to miss us...........a group of 8ish lads, ....

Age..............from 32 to 60
Weight..........from 12st to 22st
Height...........from 5'6 to 6'3
From.............London and Manchester..... funny enough not all United fans, one of the Mancs follows Siddy, massive  >:D  8) >:D
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »
Sorry meant to add.............. and there wont be a footy shirt in sight, we wash  >:D ;D >:D

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »
Thanks for these fab reports K4E - I've loved reading them.  We'll be back the same time as you - so maybe see you in Gourmet, shades it as our favourite too!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal