Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "Closing Time"  (Read 2087 times)

Offline riodog

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
"Closing Time"
« on: July 29, 2011, 01:14:45 PM »
I am likely to get to my villa in Kalkan from Dalalman at about midnight.Can anyone say what bars in the town are likely to be open at that time and when they would close?
Thanks
Richard

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8246.0

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: "Closing Time"
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »
Don't worry there will be plenty of bars open well after midnight.

Last year the Moonlight bar was usually open until well after 4:00, and even then there are other bars still open.   

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:42:57 PM »
My admiration for all those who are planning to set forth to bars when they arrive in Kalkan at midnight.

I try to have a flight arriving late afternoon/early evening.    By the time I have managed to get to Gatwick, through all the hoops there, flight to Dalaman, collected cases (always anxious until I see them), the journey to Kalkan (love that first sight of the bay) and then at least partially unpacked I am only fit for a light supper at home or a quiet meal out and by midnight my bed beckons.   I know it is really only 10 p.m. U.K. time but somehow the days travel makes it seem much later.

Am I alone on Kalkan forum in this?    Or is everyone else out ready to party however late they arrive?   Should I be rethinking what I do on arrival?   

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:16:35 PM »
Yabadabadoo!!...we always go out no matter what time.....but i suppose being a tortoise it takes you ages to walk to the village ::) :P
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 06:20:47 PM »
My admiration for all those who are planning to set forth to bars when they arrive in Kalkan at midnight.

I try to have a flight arriving late afternoon/early evening.    By the time I have managed to get to Gatwick, through all the hoops there, flight to Dalaman, collected cases (always anxious until I see them), the journey to Kalkan (love that first sight of the bay) and then at least partially unpacked I am only fit for a light supper at home or a quiet meal out and by midnight my bed beckons.   I know it is really only 10 p.m. U.K. time but somehow the days travel makes it seem much later.

Am I alone on Kalkan forum in this?    Or is everyone else out ready to party however late they arrive?   Should I be rethinking what I do on arrival?   

LOL tortoise lady. A lady after my own heart! If we arrive early evening, it's dump the luggage, head out for a bite to eat, a drink or two then back for a nightcap before bed. Need to sleep so can be up to greet the sun as it comes over the mountain around 8am  :)

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »
It's a no brainer............stay in on your first night and you effectively lose a day of your hols.
This year we did get there too late and as nominated driver I hadn't touched a drop en route but (always thinkin!!) I had already arranged for the standard welcome pack to be substituted for 4 large  and a bottle of Angora. Not very popular with Mrs W next morning when there was nothing for her breakfast but hey-ho................................
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 07:55:04 PM »
I don't entirely lose a day of my holidays if I stay in for the first night, peterwilka.   Our welcome pack includes Efes and wine as well as other basic supplies - and we now have a welcome pack even for ourselves.    We also have a drinks tray set out with one or two things like gin.   In addition we have a secret horde of other drinks.    So even if it is getting quite late and we don't actually go out there is always time for a drink (or two) (or more) on the roof terrace overlooking the lights of Kalkan and feel we have really arrived!   

Then as Itstime says the aim is to be up and watching the sun come over the mountains.

It is good too when we do go out on the first night and wander into the village to be greeted by so many who remember us from previous visits.

Oh, dear, I am now going to start counting the weeks before the next visit.

It is OK for you blue lizard, I believe your legs can run like the wind so you will be down at the bars on arrival while I am still going in the front door of the house with my case.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal