Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Is Kalkan Quieter Than Last Year ?  (Read 10601 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Is Kalkan Quieter Than Last Year ?
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 06:47:43 PM »
jenjen and itstime, I wish you both well in this terrible climate...and jenjen there's no better place to forget your terrible year than in Kalkan :)
Meant to add in my earlier post that one of the other reasons we can afford to take 5 adults on holiday this year is that BH packed in smoking on our final day in Kalkan last year (early June). We decided to save the money he normally gave to Benson and Hedges (£5 per day) and that's turned into a serious pot of money - you do the maths :o BH seems to think this is the bar fund for three weeks....erm >:D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 08:08:33 PM »
Thanks, itstime  :) Hope your job situation works out - a lot of people I know are in a similar position at the moment.  I'm still really bitter about my ex-employers for the way they handled our situation but am in the process of setting up my own little business at the moment which is fun so far.  It's very hard work though so I'm going to be more than ready for some cocktails and sun in September!

Go girl go :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 08:59:26 PM »
Should you change your mind about the bag situation the shop down from ibos down the hill on the right does move on prices...see the young lady if you can..she is more "flexible" than the bloke is...maybe it's because it was quiet?i don't know.....mrs L bought a Mulberry from them good price......i was of course asked which of two bags i liked best like a shot thinking on my feet in a lizardy flash i said "the bigger one looks far more like an original(like i'd know?)and it looks smarter" really i thought my fags and things could go in it and my shorts would hang nicer :angel:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:18:38 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2011, 09:51:42 PM »
Should you change your mind about the bag situation the shop down from ibos down the hill on the right does move on prices...see the young lady if you can..she is more "flexible" than the bloke is...maybe it's because it was quiet?i don't know.....mrs L bought a Mulberry from them good price......i was of course asked which of two bags i liked best like a shot thinking on my feet in a lizardy flash i said "the bigger one looks far more like an original(like i'd know?)and it looks smarter" really i though my fags and things could go in it and my shorts would hang nicer :angel:

LOL BL I love your thought process :)
What is it about us ladies, handbags and Kalkan ::) Bought myself a rather lovely Louis Vuitton. Wine in colour and perfect for work as holds a laptop and of course my fags too ;D

Was thinking about K4E's earlier post where her OH gave up the ciggies last year. If I stopped now I'd have enough to buy another bag in September but then realised I brought enough duty free home with me yesterday so won't need to buy any more until September so does that mean I can use the money I would have spent on ciggies and buy another bag :angel:

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 10:59:37 PM »
Talking of bags, does BSG move on their prices at all and, if so, whats the best discount you can expect?  Saw a beauty in there a couple of weeks ago so maybe next visit.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2011, 07:15:42 AM »
They will usually give a 10% discount if paying with cash as opposed to a card :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2011, 08:59:15 AM »
...not that I'm an expert or anything on bags::), I'd advocate shopping around for one in Kalkan. Nice lighting and clever VM does not neccessaritly mean you are buying a better class of fake but you will certainly pay more for it. Also if you're looking to negotiate, cash is king. I'm considering lingering outside the bag shops and offering my services as a personal shopper - just so it feels like I'm buying one this year ;D ;D

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »
I can't see a reference to it on this thread but there is another factor which must make Kalkan seem quieter at times.

There are now quite a lot of restaurants along the Kalamar Road.   Not sure how long Cafe Vita has been there but I understand  there is now Cafe Aqua close to it.   Both sound very popular.   Continuing down the Kalamar Road is Bread and More, new last year I think.   Then Kaptans - new last year, Chillies - new last year, Mango - new this year.   

I have probably missed out other new ones on that stretch before you even get to the roundabout at the top of the villa.  All these places seem to get a lot of custom and so many people from Kalamar Bay maybe don't go much further some days.   If it is very hot then tempting not to walk too far.   Also on first nights if you find somewhere looking good to eat before you have walked far then it can quickly become a favourite place.

Apart from people from Kalamar Bay, Kalamar Road area as these places become popular then word spreads and those from other areas think it worth while exploring that part of Kalkan.   

It is great to have more things closer for those at that end of Kalkan and  I hope they continue to do well.     It must have some effect on the numbers actually going into the main part of the village and down to the harbour.

Anyone on the forum now going less into the main part for meals/drinks with the number of new places open?

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2011, 10:31:01 PM »
Our villa is just behind the Asfiya Hotel and we often eat out along the Kalamar Road (Bread & More, Chillies, Kaptans, Cafe Vita, etc)  as these places are so much closer and more convenient for the nights you don't feel like going far.  They offer excellent food at reasonable prices and also have music nights so they probably are taking away a bit of business from restaurants in the village and down by the harbour.  Up to last year there was no choice but to go into town for a meal and a bit of atmosphere so it's great to have a few places close by, especially for anyone staying in Kalamar Bay as it must be a bit of trek to the village for them.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
EK Forum quieter than Kalkan itself!

Started by Enişte on The Everything Else Area!

37 Replies
Last post November 14, 2008, 09:49:05 AM
by Reygirl
smiley
Our first new year in Kalkan

Started by BevJam on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post February 06, 2009, 06:43:06 PM
by BevJam
xx
Kalkan - New Year

Started by jedge on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post September 14, 2008, 10:20:15 AM
by Rosie
xx
New Year in Kalkan

Started by FrancisDonald on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post June 08, 2010, 04:15:32 PM
by Roxie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal