Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Baby foods??  (Read 2395 times)

Offline mosthappyinthesun

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • Totally addicted to Kalkan!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Baby foods??
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:39:34 PM »
Hi there,

we are new to Kalkan and much looking forward to it afetr reading such wonderful reviews  :)

Can anyone help me out by letting me know which baby foods (if any) are available in the local shops/supermarkets....

we use 'Ellas', 'Hipp Organic', Heinz'  and 'Cow & Gate', does anyone know if any of these are available, or similar and roughly how much they cost??

many thanks in advance

:)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8186.0
....Think I've found my 'little piece of heaven' - totally addicted to Kalkan :)

Offline Shambo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Re: Baby foods??
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 02:14:21 PM »
Hi there,

I live in Kalkan and have 7 month old twins, and although I try to make as much of their food myself, I do occasionally sneak an odd jar in when I'm feeling lazy!  You can get Hipp and Milupa (turkish) organic jars (although not a huge choice), and Bebelac (turkish again) non-organic jars, plus Aptamil formula, which unfortunately is twice the price as in UK (40tl), so bring some out with you if you need it.  I also bought a box of Hipp organic biscuits today.  The price of the jars is around 2.5tl, about £1 each.  Plenty of baby cereals available too.

Hope this helps - how old is yours?  If you need any more info, please let me know!

Regards,

Sharon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
??
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
Hi, thanks for your reply  :)

good to hear there are some over there, so I don't have to load up our suitcases!!!  Will try to feed him some 'normal' foods when we are there, but just good to know I can fall back on the 'ready-made' stuff, just in case.

Our little one will be nearly 9 months old when we come over, in August, am a little bit nervous about him in the heat, but we're staying with friends in a villa with air con and a pool/umbrellas etc so hoping we'll cope okay with the heat. He's a very happy, content baby most of the time, so hoping he remains so on his first hot holiday!

This might sound an odd question but, do you think it's worth bringing a buggy?? It's just that from what I've seen of the pictures of Kalkan, it looks very cobbledy and lots of steps to get up to the lovely views and restaurants etc, was wondering wether just to bring a good baby carrier/sling? any advice...??

:-\

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 10:29:17 PM »
Bring a buggy. Much easier than carrying a 9 month old in a sling in the heat. It will be cooler for the baby as well as you. Restaurant staff will carry the buggy up steps for you and all restaurants seem to have good quality high chairs. My grandson first visited when he was 13 months, also in August. He was fine with the heat, but spent time in the shade or in the pool with a long sleeve swimsuit and with a 'foreign legion' hat. He tended to have a long sleep during the hotest part of the day (he didn't do this back home) and he stayed awake during the evening when we were in restaurants as there was lots going on for him to be part of (he would have been in bed back home). My daughter used to change his nappy and put on his lightweight nightware before the journey home (buggy or car) and he was always asleep by the time we got back and just needed lifting into the cot. The roads are a bit hard on the buggy so a cheap light one is probably best if you don't want to spoil an expensive one.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 11:34:58 PM »
Depends where your villa is situated - some of the roads and pavements are not the best the higher up you are and coupled with the steepness makes buggy pushing damn near impossible. We had friends who stayed quite high up last year with a baby and they carried her down/up the steepest and worst paths but once past those bits they pushed a light cheap buggy everywhere. It will be very hot in August but the most important thing is to be aware and prepared and it sounds like you are on both counts. Have a fantastic time ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Shambo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 08:26:39 PM »
I agree with the above posters - most people bring their buggies - I have even seen another twin buggy same as mine!  I think it would be far too hot to carry your baby around in a sling, and everyone is very helpful with getting up and down steps.

Have a wonderful holiday!

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 10:03:49 AM »
Ahh, thanks guys for all your suggestions and advice. This forum is so good, everyone so helpful and friendly, has helped me feel much more relaxed about our first holiday away with baby!  :)

We'll definately bring a buggy then, we're staying in a villa which sounds very high up (Villa Saffron) but are hiring a car, so I guess we can drive down the hill and up again, very lazy I know!!

Good to hear about other 'littlun's who've been and enjoyed the evenings and sounds like the restaurant staff will be helpful - so now looking forward to it even more.
Thanks everyone - hope you all have/had fab holidays this year too  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
baby Aileen

Started by Lorretta on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post January 23, 2008, 03:08:38 PM
by Lorretta
recycled
Kalkan with a baby!

Started by em_s on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post October 02, 2008, 11:20:58 AM
by Lougie
xx
Kadir's baby

Started by Kalkan regular on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post February 11, 2009, 07:03:12 PM
by wilma
xx
New royal baby

Started by lilly on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post July 22, 2013, 10:55:38 AM
by lilly

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal