Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beach Clubs  (Read 10239 times)

Offline flix

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Beach Clubs
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 11:00:19 AM »
Hi all,

I have just returned from a week in Kalkan and had such a wonderful time.  I went to the Palm Beach and enjoyed the day, even though the sea was freezing!  We tried the Yali Beach which was nice enough but the sun disappeared by about 3.30 so only good for half a days sunbathing.

Our favourite was the Kalamar Beach.  The food is excellent and the staff were very friendly. I also liked it because you look accross the sea to mountains with no buildings on them! They have an inflatable trampoline - if you dare!  There is a dive club and watersports there too. I have to be honest, I was horizontal for most of the week so didnt try them out, but they were always busy so must be a popular choice. We called the free taxi to our hotel and were brought back at the end of the day.  Definately give it a go, I am booking for another week this year and I cant wait.

Flix. 

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 02:46:40 PM »
Yay...tha Kalamar beach club is our first stop when it comes to relaxing and being spoilt!
And the sun stays well past early evening...its easy to stay for a very long time, and drink lots of fresh lemonade!
Free use of the internet, wireless connection if you've dragged your lappy in your hand luggage!
Staff who remember your names year after year.
The boss coming out to drive you back to your apartment in his own people carrier cos the free transport had just left.
Lovely!!

Offline Donbon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 11:25:57 AM »
Hi all.  Just back today after 3 hours flight delay and midnight home last night!!  Now trying to pick up weeks of work emails - probably 500 of them - so will be quick! 

We also visited the Kalkan Beach club - with its slide - and enjoyed that too - though it also suffers from the same chilly water (fresh water springs that mix with the warmer sea water - you're ok if you duck dive below 1m - but the surface is a bit cold!) as Palm Beach.  We thought it was good for children though since the Belgian manager (lady and her Turkish husband I guess?) laid on drawing, painting and puzzles under cover for the children - which my two girls really enjoyed (200 piece Disney Belle puzzle kept the youngest out of the sun for a full hour in the afternoon!).  The slide, at 5 YTL for the full day, was also very good fun!  The food was reasonable - though not as good as Palm Beach I'd say - but it was a bit more run down.  The loos and showers were not a patch on Palm Beach.  It did have a little beach though  - and that's really important for little ones who like to paddle - and not offered by Kalamar Beach club.

We visited Kalamar beach club once and got both girls out of the water and bouncing on the trampoline - they liked that too!  I'll write separately when I've more time to provide more details on each of the beach clubs visited - as well as full trip report (I kept a diary....)

Emails now here - 330 to get through  :(

Bye for now.  Donbon

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 11:10:04 PM »
Forgive me for being Mrs Dense on Dense Day in Dense Land, but I can''t quite get my head around the idea of the beach clubs - although they sound good... ::)
They charge for entrance - does that include a reserved sunbed?  And what about music - I like the idea of chilled "cafe del mar" tunes, but not the stomp (as was played in Bitez 3 years ago every 5 minutes everywhere we went!)  Are the clubs spacious with plenty of room, or are you crowded in a bit too close for comfort?  Do you go by road taxi or by water taxi?  How much are the extra water sports?  Kalamar seems the most highly rated in this forum - but is it a bit big?  Grateful for your thoughts as ever  :D.  Wish it was the summer and we were in Kalkan - it''s dreich here in Scotland...

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 11:35:12 PM »
Oh yes, you get a sunbed.  Land or water taxis depending on which beach club you go to (actually only water taxis for the Mahal). Very little music - thank god!

Have no idea how much you pay for water sports as always make my own sport in the sea! :D

Kalamar is not too big at all - but I''ve heard it can get a wee bit crowded in high season.

I''ve lived in Scotland (Aberdeen) so I know exactly what you mean by ''dreich'' - it''s the same here in SE England :D

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 05:02:56 PM »
Hi Sally and co, personal choice, but of all the beach clubs I prefer the Yali beach; accessed by heading off down the little coastal road by keeping Sandals Bar on your right.  Didn''t go last year and I heard it may have closed, which''d negate anything I''m about to say about it. But the food was gorgeous, didn''t usually get too crowded. Only downside was access to the water. Wouldn''t suit kids at all and getting out was a bit tricky but location wise, at least for me, hard to beat. Cost was not an issue last time I went.
Bill
p.s. spent last week in Scotland and had a great time; thinking of retiring up there.  Am I crazy?? lol

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 05:13:38 PM »
Hi,Yelkenite .  I went to the Yali beach club last year as I love the water & swimming there  as I love diving straight into deep water. However, it had become a little bit run down & tired - not swept very often & some of the sun beds were a bit broken. Also some of the steps between the platforms were crumbling a bit & could be  hazardous if you didn''t watch your footing.The food was OK (not as good as a couple of years ago) & it was quiet but overall I prefered Kalamar. I think I heard a rumor that the hotesl was up for sale but am not 100% certain on that.

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 09:25:07 PM »
Hey Yelkenite.  Glad you enjoyed Scotland ;D.  I''ve lived here for 20 years and love it.  Even the damp weather and the midges haven''t put me off!  It''s a great place to live and work and I can''t wait until I retire here, only another 15 or so years...aaagghh  :(

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »
Hi Sally,  sorry to hear the Yali had gone down hill a bit; I heard a rumour that the guy that owned the Asfiya was taking over the Yali at some stage - whether that''s a good thing or not I dont know.  I''ll certainly be having a look when I get out there in June though.  I''m 58 Rachey, retirement a bit closer for me - hopefully!.  Bill

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 09:04:23 PM »
We went to the Yali last summer didnt find it run down infact they had done a chill out area, snd they brought around free afternoon tea and cake, a very nice touch.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 03:15:46 PM »
I think all the beach clubs have their own merits and remember one man''s meat is another man''s poison...or something like that :laugh:
Kalkan, Palm and the town beach are the only places you could take little ones as all the others have too big a drop into deep water.
We also visited Yali last year and it does seem a little tired when you compare it to Mahal or Palm Beach clubs - but Palm is very new and Mahal is probably the most expensive of the clubs - but it was still lovely and the chill-out area/afternoon tea more than make up for it. We did find Kalamar a bit too busy (we were there in August) and very popular with teenagers - and as we''d left ours at home, we gave it a wide berth for the more peaceful locations.
I think it''s difficult to imagine what the beach clubs are like if you''ve never been to somewhere that has them. All I can say is it''s great to get home after a long day and not have to wash sand out of everything... ;)
Why don''t you try them all, Rachey? 8)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 09:46:51 PM »
That''s a great idea, Kalkan4eva - but how do we fit in every beach club and all the other things we want to do? - see unmissable/unforgettable thread.  I want to to do them all - especially the peach ice-cream  ;D.  Spoiled for choice.  Perhaps me and my OH will do something we''ve never done before - visit the same place more than once and go to Kalkan next year as well.  Reading this forum Kalkan certainly seems to weave some magic on you all.  I just hope I won''t be disappointed! 

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 10:32:21 AM »
Hi Rachey,
I am sure you won''t be dissapointed. Like you we never went back to the same place more than once until we discovered Kalkan. It really is a special place!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Beach Clubs

Started by alshepuk on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

15 Replies
Last post September 16, 2009, 09:41:25 PM
by itstime
xx
Beach clubs

Started by Lynne T on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

16 Replies
Last post May 30, 2013, 04:22:18 PM
by fidimax
xx
Beach clubs

Started by TJ on General Discussion

31 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 07:45:37 PM
by kalkanbabe
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by kizzy on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

11 Replies
Last post June 23, 2014, 10:10:03 PM
by Babs

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Parga

Views: 3466
By: blondie
Eagles