Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Where are you in Kalkan?  (Read 20656 times)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Where are you in Kalkan?
« on: May 06, 2007, 12:26:59 PM »
I''ll be brave and start this one off. I''m Joan and I have an apartment at the Korsan Apartments. I bought the apartment on our very first trip to Turkey!! My husband could not believe I was so impetuous, but I fell in love with Kalkan and thought (and still do) that the Korsan were in a great location, well-maintained and perfect for the two of us. We don''t get out to Kalkan as often as we would like but are due out on the 4th of June for three weeks. Anyone else out at that time?
Joan

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 05:58:11 PM by joanH »

Offline KalkanJules

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Where are you?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 03:54:35 PM »
Hi Joan

We have just bought in Club Patara (last year) and absolutely love it. Everytime we arrive we sit on out terrace and look out at the sea we still can't believe our luck ! We bought in Kalkan having seen an advert on a website. We hadn't even been to Turkey before then so like you were quite impulsive ! We love Turkey now and especially Kalkan- it is a real hidden jem and we feel totally at home there. We are back again at the end of June/beginning of July for 3 weeks- counting down the days !!!
Julie ;D

Offline jen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 05:23:23 PM »
Hi Joan, hello Julie,

We have a place near to the petrol station, which we bought last year and are really enjoying.  We also bought on a bit of a whim (maybe it's something in the water!!) but I can honestly say that I haven't regretted buying in Kalkan as we love it there.

We are over again in July for 6 weeks - I know it's the hottest time of the year, but unfortunately we're tied to school holidays at the moment, shame.

I must say I'm loving the idea of a forum just for Kalkan, hopefully a few more will join in and we can get a really good forum going. 

Best wishes, speak soon,

Jenny   

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 05:29:33 PM »
Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the comments......... please feel free to spread the word about this forum...... hopefully we can get a really good community spirit going.

If you have any suggestions or indeed want to submit anything just send me a message!

Best Wishes

Jon

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:41:37 PM »
Perhaps we can have a drink together when we are there? then we can put faces to the names?

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 04:25:38 PM »
Hi Joan
We have an apartment at the Emir Apartments (used to be the Mina hotel) which is just up the side of the road on the oppos side to the Korsan. We too are going from 1st June for a couple of weeks. Are all of the Korsan aparts sold now? Cheers :)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 09:51:47 PM »
Only the block on the Kalamar Road are privately owned. At the moment there are two for sale. There has been a lot of interest in them, BUT, they are caught up in the change to the law last year.
A lot of builders and developers converted basement storage areas into apartments but did not amend the original tapus. The Goverment wanted to tighten up the rules and have put a block on the sale of these apartments to foreigners. It is hoped that the law will be changed but a year on it has still not been altered. If anyone is thinking of selling or buying a basement apartment check the Tapu!!! 

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 08:19:55 AM »
definitely good advice. In addition to tapu checking, get independent legal advice from someone who knows the local market and has good English.

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 11:08:28 PM »
Hi Guys

We bought in 2004 after a few bottles of wine and a romantic vision of a great view!  Anyway we got just that and enjoy terrific views from our roof terrace over Kalkan and Kalamar bays.  The name plaque outside is 'Magic View' in Turkish!  No regrets......it is home from home and I miss it badly when we are gone.  The walk down for the bread each morning is wonderful.  The climb back is not so!  Keeps us fit though and I often make it as far as the pool, at the top of the hill and then am straight in before breakfast.  Don't we just miss it?

Kim

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 02:32:15 PM »
Hi Guys - we bought our place last year - a lovely villa just behind the Elite Hotel (now being converted to apartments..aren't they all!!) and next to the green school (but fortunately you can't see if from our villa).

As with the others - it was quite an impulsive decision and I think my husband thinks I've been bitten by the mosquitoes or the Kalkan bug..as I need my regular kalkan fix.  The view from our balcony is to die for and beats our patio at home...and the food is to die for..roll on the school holidays when we're back for 3.5 weeks.....and counting - although I haven't worked it out in hours or seconds...!!

Cheers!

Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 10:02:26 PM »
Hi Felicity, we are out then, maybe we will see you at the Kaya or Atlantis for a nightcap.

Offline Possums

• Happy Wrinkly Girls
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • The beauty of age
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 02:58:41 PM »
Hello!

We bought an apartment last year behind Ibrahim's shop (opposite Beyhan Apartments) on Kalamar Road (near Hotel Lizo and Paper Moon).  We absolutely LOVE it  ;D and Kalkan too - although we haven't had much chance to spend any real quality time there yet  :( as we have been busy getting the apartment ready for rental (lucky people) but with our retirement becoming reality later this year then........just try and stop us.  We don't intend going the 'whole hog' and living there full-time (the apartment has to earn its keep during season) but certainly the winter months/off season will certainly find us taking advantage of the quieter months (apart from the building work that is! :-\).  Who else stays in Kalkan off season?  Who can we meet up with?

Looking forward to seeing how this site expands and listening to other owners and visitors.

Rosemary and Yvonne

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 07:03:38 PM »
You lucky girls. It is very quiet in the winter, very much a village and not many places open. Those that do tend to reduce their prices to "turkish prices, so that's good. You will need to find things to do or be prepared to travel out and about perhaps going to some of the larger places. Nevertheless they weather is usual mild and more people are now starting to over-winter and I am sure you will make friends. There is a good crowd who tend to meet up at the Kaya and the Korsan kebap is open. I am sure some-one else can tell you where is open.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 08:36:44 PM »
There are some who think that winter in Kalkan is the best season! ;)  Anyway, Aubergine is open all year as is the Pirat restaurant in the 'old' hotel complex.  Sofra was open last year until end of November, I think Ibo's was also open until then.  As you said, more and more people are staying here over the winter, especially those who like to stay home and read.  Maybe someday it will be a real community.  Since 2003 we live here from mid-April until the end of November, then go elsewhere for the rest of the winter.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 09:02:19 AM »
Hi all

There seems to be a recurring theme here we also had only been to Turkey once before with tapestry holidays since gone bust but had a great holiday we also met other people on tapestry holiday trip to Greece and they all raved about Kalkan well to cut a long story short within 48 hrs of arriving in Kalkan we saw our small villa up what we call the Donkey track and put a deposit down.
Got our Tapu about 4 months later that was 3 years ago.

The Villa is Painted Green and is in the Olive Grove above Kalamar bay behind the Harpy Hotel which is below us. 
At the moment the villa sits on it's own but for how much longer we can't be sure but hey
we love the place  and can't begrudge others from building their dream.

Love the place so much bringing my retirement foreward by about 6 years moving out in October with my wife Lynn

Anybody out that time of year love to meet up and swap experiences.

You can save money but you can't save time get out there ASAP.  Regards:   Buster

My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 09:33:40 AM »
Then we are the odd man out.  We came here first in 1990, came back in 1995 and bought a timeshare at Club Patara.  Most spectacular view in the whole place but owning a timeshare there was a real headache.

Three years later we considered buying a villa but friends suggested that we would do better to build our own house.  In 1998 there were not many lots for sale and many either didn't have a clear title or were not zoned for residential use.  Through the help of Turkish friends (who also built our house) we finally bought 3 adjacent lots the next year (2100 sq mts).  I bought architectural software, designed the house, got a Turkish architect to formally submit the project to the municipality and by late 2002 it was finished.   My husband retired in early 2003 and here we are!

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 05:45:56 PM »
Good for you Buster.  Delighted for you, I'm probably feeling much the same colour as your villa!

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 09:31:50 AM »
Buster

You must be quite near to us then, we're in the Mavi Yildiz Apartments which are opposite the Yelken Apts. just before the road bends round on itself. From our balcony we can see the Harpy to our left and last October walked along through the olive grove and up the hill to get a superb glimpse of the marina. The sun had come out and was starting to get really hot and we had no water with us but have vowed to do that walk again when it's cooler.

We bought our apartment off the internet without ever having been to Kalkan, although we'd been to Turkey about 7 times. It was such a good price, didn't want to lose it so did loads of research on the net. Haven't regretted it, this is our second year of ownership but I'm not advising that others do it this way.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline philb1963

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • The Kalkan Apartment
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 08:59:11 AM »
Hi

We're a bit out of town in Kisla.  We have a two storey duplex apartment with own pool and just completed this spring.  We also bought after visiting last August - our first visit to Turkey! We have been out just to prepare for renting, although are looking forward to early August when we should be able to enjoy it properly ourselve for the first time!!

Best bits about our place in the sun - the views, the restaurants and of course the people! ;

Phil

Offline KalkanJules

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 10:55:14 AM »
Littelin

We were the same as you !! We bought our apartment in Club Patara last June after seeing it on the internet! We had never even been to Turkey before but after a few glasses of wine we started dreaming of a place in the sun (we blame all those holiday programmes). We decided to put a deposit down without even seeing the place and then flew over for the weekend a couple of months later to sort out the final payments and paperwork and see our home for the first time. Luckily we fell in love with the place and especially the wonderful view of the sea and Kalkan from our terrace.

We both love Kalkan and dream of the time when we are older so that we can retire and spend more time out there !

Julie

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
Not going to Kalkan

Started by The Engineer on Other Resorts

6 Replies
Last post August 27, 2009, 03:00:13 PM
by The Engineer
xx
Last day in Kalkan :(

Started by SarahLou on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post August 27, 2012, 11:37:18 AM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Meet 23/5/08

Views: 4368
By: Adrian
May sunset at Kisla Bay