Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Where are you in Kalkan?  (Read 20866 times)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Where are you?
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2007, 09:40:16 AM »
Hi Lolly,

Welcome to the forum - Im afraid I might have beaten you on that..... I bought my place in Kalkan online having never been to Kalkan or even Turkey before in my life! Have to say I was a little nervous landing at Dalaman for the first time wondering what I had bought!!

Dont regret the decision at all though.... if anything it makes it harder waiting for the next holiday!

Offline pussygalore

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2007, 09:51:48 AM »
Hi Kalkan fans! We first went to Kalkan in 1999, we stayed at The Regency Hotel. We returned year after year, then 4 years ago we bought a villa above the school, the best thing we ever did!! Cant wait until 5th October when we return for three and a half weeks.......still not long enough!!

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2007, 06:27:14 PM »
We had spent holidays in the Yelken hotel since 1996. When Tapestry pulled out of there, Tarik decided to convert to apartments - and we were the first to buy!!

Love it like mad, but won't be able to get out again until late October.

Ros

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2007, 07:06:14 PM »
First went to Kalkan in 1998. Bought our villa in 2003. It's on the way to the petrol station, opposite the new bus station and behind Christine's furniture shop. Have already spent 9 weeks in Kalkan this year and are returning on 13th September for 4 weeks. It really is like going home.

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2007, 09:04:08 PM »
We went to Hisaronu in June, saw the property prices and decided to buy (but not there) Came home, 3 weeks research, saw images of Kalkan, back in July and bought above the petrol station (opp the new electric store). Back on 11th June so will look out for you Lolly! (I will wear my enjoy Kalkan badge).  ;D

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 04:17:17 PM »
We stayed at the Oasis hotel in August 2002 and returned to Kalkan in the October to buy our apartment. It took just 6 weeks and was far less stressful than buying a property here. We are in the Kaan Apartments behind the Merkez apartments.

Offline fiona1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2007, 08:31:34 PM »
we are kalkan virgins!! we bought this year and are still very new to the area. We are hoping to get out there 3-4 times a year if possible. We bought at Nur apartments which are lovely. Very private and only 5 apartments in total so there will never be any overcrowding! Stayed for a week in spetember and loved every minute. Cant wait to get back there but wont be till april 08 now. May even get to meet up with some of you!

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2007, 10:08:20 PM »
How will you keep the hotel guests out of your pool?!

Offline fiona1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2007, 10:16:02 AM »
Hi,
Hotel guests have their own pool and are not permitted to use the residents pool. There are signs up to notify people of this but i suppose you might get the odd ones trying to use it. I suppose you just have to trust that people will use their own pool. If i see anybody round our pool that i am curious about i will ask them if they are staying in the apartments or the hotel and then politely remind them of the rules!!!

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2007, 08:18:57 PM »
There hangs a slight falasy as Baris said to us that there were some spare sun beds at the apartment pool because no one was in those apartments.  Having said that, we only went sunbathing round there on one occasion.  On other occasions(3 at most), we only went round there for a swim to appreciate the remaining heat of the day.  No disrespect to you Fiona but do be careful.

Offline amares

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2007, 10:21:58 PM »
Does anyone out there think that Kalkan is going to be spoiled by over-developement?  We have bought in Kishla and can''t believe the amount of building that is planned......

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2007, 11:14:12 AM »
Hi, Kalkan is still special but I do think The town planners need to  be very careful not to make a mess and completly ruin the village atmosphere.xLilly

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2007, 01:01:01 AM »
Lilly - I''''d say it''''s too late already, the damage was done 2-3 years ago - yet they carry on building!!!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:02:55 AM by kalkanfan »

Offline LL

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2008, 05:18:59 PM »
Hi fiona, My mum and step dad have bought the penthouse apartment at the Nur, and will be moving out next year for early retirement, they will probably see you around!

Offline Alabalik

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2008, 01:21:07 PM »
Hi

We also have a house in the Kisla aea - we love Kisla and Kalkan but like many are worried about
the building control and type of developments now being built.  We have found it impossible to see a copy
of the development plan.  Does anyone have an up to date copy or know where to get one?

Thanks

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2008, 01:33:03 PM »
When we bought our apartment in August last year through Black Lion, Bridget had a copy of the town plan if this helps.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2008, 05:36:41 PM »
You should be able to see the plans at the Town Hall.

Offline mark

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
    • Kalamar Meltem Apartments
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »
Kalamar Meltem Apartments; Kalamar Bay
Came here in 2005 with a Turkish Cypriot friend.  We did a 10-day road trip  with his 80 year-old father (Think Steinbeck - Travels with Charley) from Antalya to Dalaman.  Kalkan just felt right - stayed in an ApartHotel in Kisla that trip but more recently a few times at the Harpy/Happy Hotel (great people there).  Two years on, ten of us are now owners of apartments built on land he purchased on that trip.  Managed to visit three times in 2007.  Last trip was in February this year but just missed the snow in Kalkan (had a lot of it in Istanbul however). 
Tripoli - Rome - London - Kalkan

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2008, 05:08:33 PM »
Me and Rosib occupy an apartment in the Yelken complex since July 2005, just like the Feds.  Love it there. Had been going to the hotel since October ''98 and when it changed we just couldn''t resist the idea.  We dont get out there as much as we''d like but the dreams of going last a lot longer! lol  There are times when I wish the pool was heated.  A common factor I understand in Kalkan.  Still.... we''ll put up with it!
Bill

Offline The Reds

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2008, 03:00:35 PM »
Hello there

We bought in Akbel and have been living here permanently since Jan 08.We got an absolute bargain which we could not afford to loose and although we dint have the views of the bay we have stunning views of the mountains and we look across the valley towards Islamlar. We are situated on the main road through Akbel just past the Internet Cafe on the corner of the main road which heads towards Yesilkoy. Our villa is 9bed plus and we have a separate apartment plus an outside Jacuzzi and big pool and garden we also have an amazing roof terrace where we can take in the spectacular views. We still pinch ourselves that its all ours and we feel very fortunate that we are here.   

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
Not going to Kalkan

Started by The Engineer on Other Resorts

6 Replies
Last post August 27, 2009, 03:00:13 PM
by The Engineer
recycled
I'm going to Kalkan!

Started by dave99 on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post March 19, 2009, 01:33:05 PM
by felicity

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal