Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Where are you in Kalkan?  (Read 20814 times)

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Where are you?
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 02:18:35 PM »

Hi all, joined this forum today as i am begining to find it by far the most informative and friendly of the Kalkan forums.

My partner Anita and I first came to Kalkan approx 7 years ago and stayed at the Club E hotel as it was known then, you will probably now know it as The Kulube in Kalamar Bay. In the late summer of 2005 we spent 2 weeks searching for somewhere to buy, initially looking for a fully furnished villa that needed no work. Nothing ticked all the boxes though, so we took a real punt once our lawyers had confirmed all was ok and bought a plot of land in Kalamar Bay a few roads back from The Kulube Hotel. Our Villa called Villa Elsa was completed in June 2006 by a local builder who now also does our property maintenance. Its the best and most exciting venture we could have undertaken. Although try telling me that in early Jan 2006 when i visited the building site that was to be our villa......i then needed to go to Fethiye and choose all the bathroom wall and flooring tiles, as Anita couldnt make this trip i needed to describe the colour / pattern of the tiles by phone and pretty much make a decision there and then, guy's i'm sure you'll agree thats pressure...!!!!

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 03:04:51 PM »
From most of the above posts I realize I'm not the only crazy person in Kalkan.

The walk up the Hill at the back of the Harpy littlelin is talking about a couple of posts back.

Walk down past the new sunshine apartments, turning and sign on the Kalkan road and just on the bend in the track just before the green villa on the hill is lovely and not to strenuous walk.  The views from the top of the hill looking back to Kalkan Harbor are lovely also there is what my wife and I call the goat track it runs at the base of the hill behind the Green villa and takes you back to the service road into the Kalkan Regency.  Just follow the worn red earth track.

But please wear sensible shoes as the terrain can be a bit uneven.

Have a great Holiday all the best:  Buster.

My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 05:22:16 PM »
Buster

Will try and attempt the walk next week - if it's not too hot!!!! ;D

To all those of you going in the next few weeks, have a great time. I know we will ;)
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 06:53:03 PM »
 ::) Littlelin

Only fools and Englishman go out in the midday sun.    ???

Have a great Holiday.

PS   Tortoise Hunting is good fun if your lucky you might see one or 2.

Give our Love to Kalkan.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 07:08:57 PM »
i found one once ........but i couldn't keep up with it in the heat ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 09:35:50 PM »
Hey, I wonder if it was the same one that stalked me last year?

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 10:13:53 PM »
If it was the same one it came past me like an Olympic 100 metre runner ;D

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 09:35:39 PM »
Yeh, he heard it was last orders at the Moonlight!!!

Offline Debbie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 12:15:59 PM »
Hello fellow kalkan fans!!  :)Yes, definitely something in the Kalkan water that makes you want to buy! I always promised myself a gin and tonic terrace overlooking the sea and got my wish 3 years ago - bought a lovely apartment close to what is now the Emir apartments. Still have to pinch myself that it's mine. Joan, in answer to your question, I am coming to Kalkan on June 13th for a week. Regards Debbie

Offline molly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 04:07:33 PM »
hi we have the little house in the old quarter near the front, love it! we have been visiting kalkan for 20 years and our dream came true a couple of years ago! cant wait to get back there again. to our little gem.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 08:01:42 PM »
Buster

Saw your unmissable villa. If I look left from our balcony can see about a third of it, the other part is obscured by a white villa. Saw a couple sitting on the roof terrace enjoying a drink, mind you had to use the binoculars. We'll be back there probably 1st 2 weeks October. Didn't do the walk though - too hot and too lazy. ;D

Offline badgerlover

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »
hi everybody; this is my 1st posting, but am by no means new to kalkan, having been there every year at least twice for the past 7 years with hubby and our (now) 13 year old boy, so you could say i'm smitten!
my best idea was begging my mum and dad to go to kalkan about 3 years ago, cos i knew they'd fall in love with it too.....well, of course they were on the blower to me after 2 days, and to cut a long one short, we are now the proud and lucky owners of the most beautiful villa, which is in kisla, just along from patara prince, and above the villa mahal, with the most amazing view of the harbour, the islands....heaven (in fact that is the name of our villa in buddhist!!)
mum and dad spend loads of time out there, us not so much as we are tied with school, business and life in general, but am counting down til 29th july and 6 weeks of bliss!!

have fun everybody

ps. good website jon, good luck with it

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 06:16:51 PM »
Buster

Saw your unmissable villa. If I look left from our balcony can see about a third of it, the other part is obscured by a white villa. Saw a couple sitting on the roof terrace enjoying a drink, mind you had to use the binoculars. We'll be back there probably 1st 2 weeks October. Didn't do the walk though - too hot and too lazy. ;D
Hi Littlelin

I need help just booked again for 2 weeks in August,  Just can't stay away from the Olive Grove

If you see somebody on the roof terrace through your binoculars in October it will be Lynn and I

POP up for a G & T

Regards: Buster

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 03:37:36 PM »
Then you're just behind us, we're down the little side street opposite, where the green bin is, the Mavi Yildiz Apartments. I'll be looking out for Buster & Lynn  when we're out there in 10 weeks to claim my G&T ;D

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »
Oh dear, it sounds like Buster and Lynn are being stalked and spied on!!
No more topless sunbathing with all those binoculars pointed in your direction. I think you need to get your moving adventure on line as soon as possible Buster to satisfy everyone's curiosity. LOL

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2007, 09:55:24 AM »
Hi All

Had the car broken into this week in not so sunny Surrey

All my current paper work stolen from an old briefcase in the boot so been a bit busy trying to organise business without any records.

Was hoping when they saw nothing of value in it they would have dumped it but hasn't turned up yet. >:(

Also JoanH   ;)  will start blog soon promise.

As for being spied on the new CCTV will be a site worse than a few binoculars.  Being spied on 24/7:  George Orwell will be turning in his grave.

No skinny dipping from now on ;D

In Kalkan for 10 days in 4 weeks time,  do you think I should wear blusher for the cameras.

Also retire to Kalkan in 14 weeks, clock is ticking down fast quite scary thinking about all the thing still to organize before we leave.

Offline clarborough

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2007, 07:11:58 PM »
We are still in the process of buying our apartment near the petrol station -since last October!!! Did it take any one else that long?? And yes we bought after one visit. We too fell in love with Kalkan.

Offline Possums

• Happy Wrinkly Girls
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • The beauty of age
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2007, 04:39:13 PM »
And there was me, thinking that October 05 to April 06 was too long!  Keep your chins up, you know it will be worth it.......and it will be, be sure.

Best of luck
Rosey

Offline clarborough

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2007, 07:38:59 PM »
Thanks for your good wishes Rogrech. Can't wait for it to be ours. We are visiting in August to check on progress.

lolly

lolly
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2007, 09:26:23 AM »
Hi all you Kalkan lovers,
See if anyone can beat this...... I first went to Turkey in 2005 went straight to Kalkan fell in love right away and bought my appartment within 3 hours of being there......it's in Kisla at a place called Kaplumbaga...just fell in love with it, the best thing I have ever done was out there in March very quiet but very nice, and the whole month of June which was amazing  back agin in September can't wait!!
By the way I had never been to Turkey before, saw Kalkan on the t.v. programme A place in the sun.
Since going there I have made many friends, I have never met so many nice people, if anyone is going out in September(from 10th onwards) and want to meet up that would be great!
Really like some of the new restaurants that have just started up this season such as Trio, and The Ivy.Old favorites such as Doy Doy, Aubergine,Coast,Ibo and the Trading House.
                                   Regards to all Lolly x

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
new to kalkan

Started by izzy35 on General Discussion

18 Replies
Last post May 14, 2009, 04:44:37 PM
by Kalkan regular
xx
New to Kalkan

Started by clrky501 on Introduce Yourself

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 11:06:04 PM
by clrky501

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Tlos Castle.JPG

Views: 3064
By: Lindy
EK 70s Night