Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Censorship  (Read 2719 times)

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
Censorship
« on: June 10, 2011, 08:06:52 AM »
Why is it that some posts are removed, as they may upset/offend and then obvious spammers/windup merchants are given space to produce gobbledy gook for all to read.  Is it supposed to provide light entertainment?   I, for one, find it highly insulting   >:( >:( >:(

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7945.0

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
Re: Censorship
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
Hi Mary

The EK team do their utmost to remove spam messages and if genuine complaints are received about a post/user they are removed or the member warned. You also don't see the amount of spam that we do remove on daily basis but some do slip through the net. It is sometimes very difficult to keep the right balance and we can't please everyone. Unfortunatly we are unable to moderate the forum 24 hrs a day.

Julie

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 06:46:39 PM »
Thank you for your reply :-X :-X

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 09:48:33 AM »
I cannot think of one Internet site where comment on posts is allowed, where those post are not policed and inappropriate comment removed.
This site is as someone else has pointed out:  Enjoy Kalkan not Endure Kalkan.
My fourteen year old niece is due out to Kalkan for a holiday and has been dipping in and out of Enjoy Kalkan to get info for her holiday.
 At least one of the recent posts that was thankfully removed would have been totaly inappropriate for her to have read.
The Enjoy Kalkan crew are in my opinion doing a grand job in removing posts that do not fall within the meaning of: - ENJOY.
My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »
I cannot think of one Internet site where comment on posts is allowed, where those post are not policed and inappropriate comment removed.
This site is as someone else has pointed out:  Enjoy Kalkan not Endure Kalkan.
My fourteen year old niece is due out to Kalkan for a holiday and has been dipping in and out of Enjoy Kalkan to get info for her holiday.
 At least one of the recent posts that was thankfully removed would have been totaly inappropriate for her to have read.
The Enjoy Kalkan crew are in my opinion doing a grand job in removing posts that do not fall within the meaning of: - ENJOY.

Whilst agreeing with you about the team doing a good job I think the original comment was in regard to some of the weird spamming messages which appear on a fairly regular basis.
Does "Enjoy" though also mean posts about being attacked by dogs, people being bitten and injections to the stomach?
Just a thought....

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 04:25:01 PM »
If a dangerous dog is in a particular street in Kalkan attacks you don’t you think other people should be made aware, or do you think it should be censored by EK and people not told?

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 07:54:26 PM »
It's just an idea, but what about changing the name of the website to 'Promote kalkan' and maybe remove the word 'forum', then i think there would be a lot less confusion, because any posts that didn't promote Kalkan could be removed. People have different ways of 'enjoying' themselves, telling people about a lovely meal they had may be one, warning people of impending dangers maybe another. The word 'enjoy' throws up a lot of ambiguities.
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »
If a dangerous dog is in a particular street in Kalkan attacks you don’t you think other people should be made aware, or do you think it should be censored by EK and people not told?

Not at all but don't you think that a dog being violated  by so called human beings in a manner abhorrent to most decent people is not something people should be told about. Apparently some people think that should have been censored.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 08:39:39 PM »
It's just an idea, but what about changing the name of the website to 'Promote kalkan' and maybe remove the word 'forum', then i think there would be a lot less confusion, because any posts that didn't promote Kalkan could be removed. People have different ways of 'enjoying' themselves, telling people about a lovely meal they had may be one, warning people of impending dangers maybe another. The word 'enjoy' throws up a lot of ambiguities.

Kim I do agree with you. It's "horses for courses" What some people enjoy is not to everyones taste. What I object to is  some people believing that they have the right to dictate what others wish to read about and what may or not upset people. The reality of life is that we are all different, thank goodness. Cats, dogs, pine martins, restaurants, accommodation, whatever, we all hold opinions and can only call it as we see. I have been thoroughly "enjoying" Kalkan for over 15 years, have never had a problem with cats, dogs, dodgy meals, poor accommodation, bad weather etc etc etc so as have always said in all my posts can only tell my own personal experiences and would never attempt to dictate to anyone what is or is not the definitive the "enjoy" Kalkan experience

Offline billmccan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 08:49:02 PM »
Hi All, I know I'm just new to this forum and this is only my opinion,but to sensor comments that inform people about things to look out for is a bad thing ,with many good comments on the forum we should be mature enough to make our own minds up as to whether they are important or not. To the admin staff it must be a difficult task doing what you do and like referees in football you can never make everyone happy .
Thanks for letting me make my comments
Billmccan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan

Views: 3503
By: shining-one
Meis