Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How tactful are you???  (Read 6925 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: How tactful are you???
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 06:41:56 PM »
This thread is hilarious....well done BL ;D ;D
My BH will always tell me I look gorgeous, but will sometimes tactfully say " I like that, but much prefer..." Having said that, reverse psychology doesn't work on me as it won't make me rush back upstairs and change  ;D ;D. If he knows I've been to the hairdressers though, he'll always shout as I walk through the door, very quickly, before he's even clapped eyes on me..."Your hair looks lovely..."...it took him two days to notice once and I never let him forget it :P
As for shopping, its definitely a double act for us....as a shopoholic, its a dream come true to have a man who will shop with me, carry my bags and say yes to whatever I pick up (within reason and budget of course....)
BL, is your day off better spent at the supermarket or doing "jobs around the house.."? As you know, women never get a day off so its definitely a better option (although 24 box set is very tempting...I can tell you, Jack Bauer will save the world in the end so save yourself the bother of 24 hours of viewing :-*)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 06:43:29 PM »
by the way...what's happened to spell check? I really struggled with  "psychology" there....every version looked wrong, including this one :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 07:38:37 PM »
As men we are expected to have Psychic powers...often i have been told.."i meant to tell you but you should have known anyway" or "i told you 3 weeks ago"....as a man i reserve the right to have the memory of a goldfish..thats why all my friends are called BOB!!
i once saw a sign saying "psychic fair 100 yards on left" i guess those attending were s**t ones or beginners ;D

i have viewed 24 ..it's brilliant and would like to watch again..i have all 8 series so in effect need 8 days uninterrupted viewing..FAT chance!! :-*

it's hard being a man!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:04:16 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 07:59:07 PM »
I saw a sign that said psychic fair......cancelled due to unforseen circumstances..... :laugh:

Offline Legionaire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 07:21:03 AM »
I knew you were going to say that................ ::)
I woke up last night to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at the foot of my bed. At first I was afraid.......then I was petrified

Offline merseydave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 07:54:27 AM »
My OH is the most beautiful woman I know, desirable,slim, intelligent, ......oh......have I told you that she posts on here????  ;) ;) ;) ;)
Kalkan..........just ONE of the places we'll have a villa when we win the Euromillions!
Not a full time resident, but getting there!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2011, 07:05:44 PM »
At some point most men will be asked by a partner the dreaded "Does my bum look big in this" question...take my advice..resist the temptation to say "it looks like Christopher Biggins and Russell Grant having a fight in a small tent".... this will be thrown back in your face for years to come!! also avoid "Dunno i can only see half of it because of the door frame" and "It looks like a Space Hopper" Trust me !!your life will be hell by saying these things!! :angel:

it's hard being a man!

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »
At some point most men will be asked by a partner the dreaded "Does my bum look big in this" question...take my advice..resist the temptation to say "it looks like Christopher Biggins and Russell Grant having a fight in a small tent".... this will be thrown back in your face for years to come!! also avoid "Dunno i can only see half of it because of the door frame" and "It looks like a Space Hopper" Trust me !!your life will be hell by saying these things!! :angel:

it's hard being a man!

Just answer compared to what my dear...a Zepplin ??? then of course not  ;D ;D ;D

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 09:59:57 PM »
If your wife asks you if her new dress makes her bum look big, say of course not darling, it's your fat arse that makes it look big!!!!! unless of course you value your man jewels.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2011, 12:04:58 PM »
If your wife asks you if her new dress makes her bum look big, say of course not darling, it's your fat arse that makes it look big!!!!! unless of course you value your man jewels.

;D ;D ;D ;D
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 01:00:47 PM »
A recent survey of 2000 women revealed a not surprising piece of news..on average they each had 7 yes 7 handbags each..these bags cost an average of Ā£82 pounds each!!...Heres a tip..when you are in kalkan compliment wifey on the handbag she has chosen for that day/night..but add "it doesn't look very big ,you can't get much in it"...wifey will then go out of her way to show you how vast this posh dustbin is...at this point you can say"i don't suppose it's big enough for these?" and hand her your fags and camera,not wishing to say "No it's too small to fit those" she will squeeze them in for you...(i may add at this point it is not recommended to part with your wallet in the same way)..by following these steps your wifey has been complimented on her bag  and your hands will be freed up for the male hobby of sauntering with your hands in your pockets......
                                                       Lizard ;)

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »
Devilishly sneaky, BL!!!!!

However, was it wise to publicise this ploy of yours in a thread read by many of my fellow females? I, for one, will now only carry the smallest possible bag, and if my OH tries your tactics, I'll just have to get him to buy me a much bigger one!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »
BL I am shocked at your crimes against "handbagery" :o Hmmmm the average is only 7 handbags, what are those women thinking of ::) ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2011, 02:15:01 PM »
I'm way above the average....by a significant figure. I will have to prevent my BH from seeing this otherwise the K4E bag fund will be withdrawn this year... :o I only ever carry a small handbag so that trick never works on me.
BL, you forgot to say sauntering with your hands in your pockets...jingling loose change! All men start to do this after a certain age :-*

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »
Depending where you shop in Kalkan you might only have a pocketful of sweeties!!

Another posing question for the men

You are invited to a wedding or a christening...at this point it will spring into your partners mind to go out and buy the most ludicrous contraption she can find and put in on her head!!...do you tell her "you look like a prat" or "You will regret that in years to come when you are looking through family photos" and suffer the consequences for days ?or do you let her down gently...."you can get away with something a little less understated as your personality will get you noticed"...see by flattery and guille you can wriggle out of it :angel:
If she still persists in wearing said contraption you can go for broke and when she asks that "are you going like that question" reply.."Yes..because no one will notice me with that bloody thing on your head!!"

Who didn't tell Bea at the royal wedding that she looked like an alien had landed on her bonce? and these women at Ascot do they not have partners or friends ?.............
                                                              Lizard

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2011, 06:38:15 PM »
I'm with you on hats, BL - I'm so short, I look like a mushroom when I wear a big one, or other people end up with my feathers up their noses!

Offline Princess369

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 11:32:33 PM »
BL you are so funny..........I have way more bags than the average me thinks.......But as far as the honesty thing goes i like honesty i wouldn't want my OH to let me leave the house looking stupid. However I am recently divorced and my husband wouldn't have noticed if i had a bin bag on!!!!!

I'm with the boys be honest and us girls should respect them for that!!!!!

Ok Waiting for the fall out on this one O0 >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 08:40:21 AM »
A bin bag is never a good look ..you might have got away with it in Johnny Rottens day or if it was a Zandra Rhodes....if you see someone in a bin bag tell them "No..you look like the back of a dust cart!" they will thank you for it!!...however if it's wifey.....???? ::)

Offline Princess369

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2011, 10:18:58 PM »
Maybe i should have tried going out in a bin bag to see if he did notice!!!!!!!

But you are right definately a look to stay away from........if it was wifey you say you look beautiful darling!!!!!! :angel:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Antalya 2010

Views: 2974
By: fidimax
after . . . . .