Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Boat Trip Recommendations and Prices for 2011  (Read 11726 times)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Boat Trip Recommendations and Prices for 2011
« on: June 04, 2011, 11:40:02 AM »
I have had a few requests asking for recommendations for boat trips, as we didn't get to go on one last year I need some help before replying.   

Can anyone recommend a good (great) boat for groups of 6, 8, and 10 people.  Also if anyone has already booked for 2011 can you give me an idea of the prices being charged this year.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7902.0

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Boat Trip Recommendations and Prices for 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:39:58 PM »
I went out on Yildiz 2 yesterday. Takes up to 12. We had a brilliant day and at 40NTL pp what a bargain :) :) :) excellent lunch, tea and fruit. And wonderful captain and crew!! He was booked up through out the week so booking ahead is essential.

Offline Batgirl22

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:42:57 PM »
I've just been quoted 450 tl upto 11 people on the boat Yildiz..more than 11 people is 40 tl per person for a day trip if this helps

Offline tuppy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:43:39 PM »
this might sound a bit silly.....but is there any big boats that go out from the harbour, ones that you can dive into the sea from? its the highlight of my holiday belly flopping from 20ft!!!

i remember someone mentioned the seabella?

Offline Batgirl22

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 10:44:59 PM »
Wwe must've been posting at the same time lol..great minds and all that :-)

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 12:01:46 PM »
Had a  great day out on a boat called Chillout yesterday with Hakan and Baris. We hired the boat for the day for 5 people even though they could accommodate up to 10, we hired the boat just for us. We had a great lunch plus friut, cake and tea, snorkelling and fishing for 300TL. The two lads done a great job and made us feel so welcome on board.
 :) :) :) :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 01:41:46 PM »
Can also recommend Osman and Yildiz, a really good day out.
Nicky

Offline stuartb

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:32:03 AM »
Went out on Pina-X yesterday.  You can hire the boat for ~400 YTL (maybe less with a bit of haggling).  Very nice boat and overall enjoyed the day because I liked snorkelling in different spots.  It's relaxed and has space for up to 12 (although I think the seating area at the back would be a little tight at full capacity personally).  Good lunch of chicken curry, four veg dishes, salads, cheese filo rolls, yogurt dip and chilli sauce.  All very colourful and tasty leaning on the slightly spicy side.  Drinks seemed to be at fair prices.

Somewhat disappointed by the locations visited.  We went across to Mouse Island, but he decided it was too rough to stay and so hopped across to a cove on the western side of the bay.  Then we gradually hopped our way down coves to finish in Firnaz bay (the one to the right of Kalamar bay as you look out).  I thought having read other trip reports and looking at the maps shown with some of the boats that we'd at least get out of the bay.  No mud beach, Kaputas etc etc.  There were a lot of other boats which seemed to be doing similar so maybe they're all cutting back to economise on fuel?  Not an issue if you just want to be on a boat and enjoy the sea of course.

I also found the experience impersonal and not as friendly as I had expected.  It may be just my expectations, but whilst Captain Abdil was professional and welcoming and occasionally cracked a smile, it all felt like going through the motions.  There was no explanation of where we were going to go as we set out or asking us what we might like.

His assistant had the face of a teenage saturday supermarket assistant on a wet day in Grimbsy apart from when he was talking to his mates on other boats.  He greeted us on to the boat with the charming order "shoes in basket".  A far cry from tales of other boats doing barbecues and spearfishing and the captain making the trip special.  We did enjoy the trip but actually the crew contributed little to this.  On that basis I couldn’t wholeheartedly say Pina-X was better than any of the other boats.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 06:56:46 AM by stuartb »

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 02:51:03 PM »
Our guests recently paid TL 350 to charter Sunset 1 (takes 8).  The food is excellent and Capt Ahmet is very friendly and speaks good English.  This family have two other boats, Sunset 2 and 3 belonging to the same family.

Boats don't often go to Kaputas or out of the bay as it is far and slow going.  They also carry little extra petrol and sometimes storms can come up unexpectedly and they don't have sufficient petrol to return to the harbor.  Most captains say if you want to go to Kaputas, drive there.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:43:52 PM by Cosetta »
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 03:58:32 PM »
Hi,
Anil and Captain Ali will take you to Kaputas!  Can't remember what we paid for 7 of us but think it was around £20 a head.
Rx

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 08:19:52 PM »
2 Saturday's ago, Osman on Yildiz took us to Kaputas but the sea was quite rough and the boat was rocking like a guddun! So much so that a few on board felt quite green!! It was also difficult swimming but OK to anyone who is a strong swimmer. I dived in, swam around for a few minutes and then got back on board as I am not the best swimmer in the world. Once we departed, the people who felt quezy soon recovered.
I have to say that it's the first time I have been to Kaputas on all the boat trips I have been on, it seemed like too much hard work to be honest for the short stay we had, this was purely down to the conditions.
12 of us went but I had the trip as a birthday present so I have no idea what costs were involved.  ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »
I think you were on the same trip as us!! And i was one of them who was a bit green around the gills!!! I soon perked up like you said as we left for calmer waters and the tablet Zeynap gave me helped!

Offline stuartb

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 09:23:17 PM »
I took another look at the maps by all the boats today and without exception they show routes including Kaputas as well as Blue Cave, etc etc.  The Pina X map is actually clear in that it shows two routes in different colours - one going out Kaputas direction and one doing the loop around the bay that we did.  So I guess the moral of the tale is to check what you're getting beforehand.

Stuart

Offline kedi

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 09:29:18 PM »
We have always had fantastıc days on Pına X and would never go on any of the other boats and nor would many of our frıends. Captaın Abdı ıs a marvellous host and the food on the boat ıs exceptıonal. He ıs a great captaın wıth many years experıence and always ensures that all guests have a great day.  If he doesnt go to some of the bays you mıght expect ıt ıs because he wants to ensure everyones comfort and safety and sometımes ıt ıs sımply too rough out on the sea. Thıs has been the case on many days thıs week as the sea has been very choppy.

Offline kedi

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 09:34:50 PM »
I can thoroughly recommend Pına X. you are sure to have a good day and the prıces are very reasonable.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 09:46:08 PM »
At the end of the day, any Captain worth his salt will take you where he sees fit dependant on conditions, 'playing it by ear' .The maps should only be used as a guide or indication only. As I said, I have been on many boat trips and only once to Kaputas where I believe it is rough all of the time. Every where else we went was fine. Luckily, I dont get sea sick due to many years of sea fishing, (suppose there's always a first time), and the OH has never felt bad on a boat trip out of Kalkan....until Kaputas..
We have never used Pina X, but have used Yildiz, Anil & Sunset over the years.
  ;) :P

Offline merseydave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 12:49:26 PM »
Does anyone have an email address or phone number for Chillout?
Kalkan..........just ONE of the places we'll have a villa when we win the Euromillions!
Not a full time resident, but getting there!!

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 08:16:25 PM »
merseydave, look on the 25th Wedding anniversary thread for a reply to this question.

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 10:43:08 PM »
Tuppy - if you want a big boat you can dive into the sea from I suggest Sea Bella. It's about £15 per day. I have video and slide show if you want a link. Food was good too. You leave at 1030hrs and get back in about 6pm.

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 10:53:17 PM »
Does anyone have an email address or phone number for Chillout?

chilloutboat@hotmail.com

0543 960 90 51
Two great lads

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

moonlight bar

Views: 4364
By: Trotter
Kalkan Harbour