Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Water switched to Kas  (Read 1458 times)

Offline MouMou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Water switched to Kas
« on: May 27, 2011, 07:19:27 AM »
In the last 14 days I have had no water for 5 out of those days.  I found out yesterday that the belediye are switching the water to help their neighbours in Kas, a fine sentiment if it does not affect the people in Kalkan, but it is affecting people in the old town due to the pressure being so low that water is not getting through.  I am beginning to think I should have bought a property in Kas, and maybe some of the tourists may also think that way if they have no water during their holiday.  I will help anyone, but I think the belediye are misguided on this one, it is not an answer to be told that they dont know how long this situation will go on for, I have always been careful with water consumption but having to carry buckets of pool water to flush the loo several times a day, not being able to carry out basic hygiene tasks and feel "clean" is not condusive of living in the 21st century.  Please do not say that is what you should expect here, because if the water situation is not sorted out soon, then people will stop coming to Kalkan.  I applaud the new mayor and for the many changes he has done since he has been in office, but whoever suggested this diversion was a good idea was wrong. 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7831.0

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
Re: Water switched to Kas
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 07:43:57 AM »
I heard and read that the previous water problem is due to broken pumps in Saklikent, even though the current low pressure is indeed due to switching water.   Has Kas ever lent us water in the hundreds of times Kalkan was without?

Water has been a problem ever since we've lived here starting in 2002.  It has somewhat improved since 2002 (supposedly last year some new pumps were bought) but it is never the case that all the Saklikent pumps are in good repair and working. Best is to get a water storage tank as most villas and apartment blocks have.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:01:38 AM by Cosetta »
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline MouMou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 08:05:31 AM »
Cosetta we have a water storage tank, but because the pressure is so low it is not filling up as it should, there is nothing else we can do at the moment but wait for the water to come back on.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 08:09:09 AM »
Water fine in Kalamar Bay.................just watered the plants  ;D
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Water Water every where but none to drink

Started by tiamaria on General Discussion

20 Replies
Last post June 12, 2011, 10:39:37 PM
by tiamaria
xx
Water Off Again!

Started by kalkanbelle on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post May 20, 2011, 03:39:50 PM
by kalkanbelle
xx
so where is the water!!!!!

Started by zola on General Discussion

34 Replies
Last post June 26, 2011, 07:37:56 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Water,Water !!!!

Started by hobbsie65 on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post July 18, 2011, 03:45:37 PM
by maryjane

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

hot.JPG

Views: 2943
By: Lindy
Omars 20/9/07