Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coast - back to Gironda  (Read 5613 times)

Offline JulesCheshire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Coast - back to Gironda
« on: April 24, 2011, 05:38:35 AM »
Just back from a week in Kalkan and was fortunate to go to Gironda on it's opening night on Wednesday.  It's a given that the surroundings are spectacular, it's a hidden paradise!  A part of me wants to be selfish and not share with you how wonderful the whole exeprience was.  The food and service were second to none and  suprisingly, it's not expensive compared to the harbour restaurants such as Aubergine and Trio.  I know the season is not in full swing yet, but we  never felt like cattle being pushed through as fast as possible in order that our table may be given to someone else.  It's the same when we've been in August.  If you're looking for fine dining, look no further, well done Gironda!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7638.0

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
Re: Coast - back to Gironda
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 08:18:18 AM »
Wow sounds fab and you just made me so jealous it was one of our favourite places last year and can't wait to try it in it's new position this year. When you say it's not expensive what kind of prices are you talking about? can you give an example just out of curiosity. Only 8 weeks to go for us I just wishing my life away at the moment until I get to Kalkan.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:06:40 AM »

Sounds fantastic and cant wait until August...I take it that its not in its origional location now  ;) ;)

Offline JulesCheshire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 05:21:37 AM »
Misty, Chrissy, yes, it's in the same location, I was comparing the cost of eating there to the harbour restaurants, apologies if I mislead you in my post.  One thing I forgot to mention:  the chocolate dessert, it's to die for! ;)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 07:47:06 AM »
Oh ok Jules yeah I was confused as they have opened a new one down the harbour too so I thought u were referring to that never mind. Yep I had the choc pudding last year and thought I was in heaven it is amazing and I ate the lot too. :angel:

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 08:45:24 AM »

Great news as we love the courtyard for pre dinner drinks and to study the menu....... :) :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 04:43:22 PM »
Do you ever buy anything off it or just study it? :laugh:
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 04:53:35 PM »
I think there's still some confusion regarding the changeover at Gironda. 
Originally it was 'Gironda' with Jimmy as Maitre D'.
Last year the owners rented it out to the owners of Coast and so it became known as Coast@gironda (the old position of Coast, diagonally opposite became 'Kalamaki' and remains the same this year). Jimmy went to work at Lykia Residence to run their restaurant.
Coast@gironda also opened another restaurant bar last year down by the harbour called 'Lush'
This year Coast@gironda is no more. The owners of this business are concentrating solely on the harbour premises and have changed the name (no longer going to be called Lush)! It is supposed to be called Coast (but not definite).
The Gironda name however, lives on as Jimmy has returned to the building to operate his own restaurant business.  Over the winter he has created a completely new menu with a great new chef. Guests to the restaurant will no doubt recognise some of the staff as coming from Lykia and Kalkan Parc. Decor remains much the same, but with perhaps a bit more seating on the terrace and new chinawear.
It's all a bit like musical chairs and hard to keep up sometimes, but hopefully it's clear.
Bon Appetite tout everyone!
Rosie

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 05:16:38 PM »
Do you ever buy anything off it or just study it? :laugh:

LOL Very good Mr Lizard............thanks Rosie for confirming Jimmy is back...he is a top man.....

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
And those of you who loved the Coast@Gironda menu (Marble Steak or Paper Moon anyone?) - the new Coast at the harbour (last year called Lush) menu is much the same as the original Coast menu.  So confusing!  Omer and Ilhan have created a fab menu - we'll be spending many an evening there in a few weeks and can't wait! And those of you who know Sakir - the fab Chef of Coast@Gironda - he's taken over the Ibo restaurant with his cousin who is very conveniently called Ibo, so no name change!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 08:27:29 PM »
Coast@Gironda was voted 'favourite restaurant' by my family the last two years and we loved their original restaurant so glad to hear the old menu is alive and well.....hopefully the harbour restaurant will  now get the real Coast atmosphere as we didn't really think it had it last year.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 08:48:25 PM »
Coast@Gironda was very much our favourite restaurant for the last two seasons....so now we have to try all three to see who actually held all the cards....! Just need some reviews pretty sharpish so we can book a table at the best one for our daughter's 18th in August ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »
so just to get this clear....am compiling a definitive list for our trip in October!.....Coast is now at the harbour and Ibo is called Gourmet with the original Coast chef???  ???

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 06:40:03 PM »
 :)thats about it! :)

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 08:05:57 PM »
Dont forget that Eden Garden is now Ibo and Eden Garden!!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Gironda at Coast

Started by kalkanbelle on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

17 Replies
Last post July 26, 2009, 09:08:22 PM
by howmad
xx
Aubergine v Coast@Gironda

Started by kalkan4eva on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

12 Replies
Last post November 01, 2009, 10:27:31 PM
by DRBD
smiley
Email address for Gironda

Started by marmitegirl on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post June 24, 2008, 12:40:44 AM
by kal1
xx
Coast

Started by kalkan4eva on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

17 Replies
Last post May 01, 2008, 01:08:56 PM
by EK Moderator

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal