Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Responsible Dog owners  (Read 52363 times)

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Responsible Dog owners
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2011, 09:04:59 AM »
So still getting nowhere fast and many now sinking to playground levels of argument.  Interesting suggestion that KAPSA are failing in their policy - do you not know what it stands for?  Protection of Street Animals - I would say they are succeeding but as a voluntary organisation, official help is needed.  The Mayor needs to be made aware of the worries of some residents and visitors and KAPSA would appear to be the organisation to do this.  In my view, having spent many years in the civil service, petitions are a spectacular waste of paper.

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2011, 10:10:11 AM »
Sorry Eniste How are they failing in their policy?????? though I'm please to see that you have afreed that they are succeeding as a voluntry organisation, which is after all just what they are. They depend on people volunteering in all weathers to help catch sick injured animals and to go out to feed them. 
I agree that the mayor needs to get fully behind them and the fact that a petition is a waste of paper in most cases. But KAPSA have and are doing every thing they can to help the street animals. I know I've seen what they do to help the animals that have been injured and hurt. And in some cases risk getting hurt themselves.
This topic always seems to appear around this time of the year, never during the winter................... interesting..............don't you think
I personally don't know the right answer to the problem, All I do know is it's no good every one blaming KAPSA, who is trying to do what they can to help the situation or even blaming each other.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2011, 10:32:01 AM »
Sorry if my last post wasn't clear - an earlier post from Tiger suggested they were failing but I very much believe that KAPSA are succeeding fully in their protecting the street animals but now need official support and cooperation with control of numbers.  Clearer?

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2011, 12:37:17 PM »
Firstly I find it laughable when residents complain of tourists making a noise when they are on holiday  ???.  Anyway, Eniste and tiamaria, you advise that petitions are a waste of time but agree the mayor/belediye should get more involved. Even KAPSA have stated they want this but have not got anywhere. How do you suggest we should pursue this aspect?

Offline Dellbarr

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2011, 01:24:24 PM »
You must be joking! I suggested the way to go to get the authorities involved and no one did anything. You've blown it! There's no point in writing any more letters, hundreds have been written in the past, they achieve nothing. You had an ideal opportunity to influence things and no one did anything about it. How does that song go?" Someones gotta go, but it's gotta be somebody else, not me." Either you all get together or give up!

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2011, 02:23:04 PM »
How about a simple face-to-face meeting?  I am sure that KAPSA has had meetings with the Belediye before and I am confident that these carry more weight than a petition, however large, likely to be consigned to the 'circular file'. 

How has anyone 'blown it' and who?  Was there a deadline for sorting this situation out?  To quote a song title rather than a lyric, 'These Things Take Time' (The Smiths).

I am inclined to agree with an earlier suggestion that we stick to discussing transfer shares on here, or would that lead to a demand for local government intervention if no-one offers to share transfer costs?

Once again, this site is called 'Enjoy Kalkan'.  Any plans to change it to 'endure'?

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2011, 03:54:52 PM »
Ok I think everyone has now had ample time to say their bit, how about we go back to helping future visitors to the area as opposed painting a bleak picture!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

moved
MOVED: Responsible Dog owners

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 25, 2011, 03:15:44 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
ANOTHER QUESTİON TO OWNERS THAT RENT OUT OT TO HOTEL OWNERS

Started by Random on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 21, 2011, 07:06:49 PM
by MartynE
xx
Owners beware - here we go again

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post November 25, 2015, 02:26:40 PM
by Mayday1
xx
Simply Owners

Started by Bob & Jayne on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post November 21, 2016, 01:09:21 PM
by Bob & Jayne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal