Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New road from Kisla to Kalkan  (Read 4785 times)

Offline zros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • Fallen in love with Kalkan and the people
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
New road from Kisla to Kalkan
« on: March 11, 2011, 01:35:19 PM »
How is the new road from Kisla to Kalkan looking? Is the path alongside the road walk-able and safe? Thanks, Zina

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7442.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: New road from Kisla to Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 12:12:17 AM »
Hi Zina

Photos uploaded in the gallery for you :)

Offline zros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 02:04:28 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to download the pic's of the construction of the new road.  It seems a long way off to being finished but I am sure by May all will be complete and safe to walk.
I cant wait to be walking along that road into Kisla after a lazy day by the pool with the sun setting over the sea and the colourful Turkish culture ahead. Thanks

Offline Dodgers

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 11:03:07 PM »
Hello

Iam new to this site and can't find out how to post a new thread so as my enquiry is Kisla related I hoped you wouldn't mind if I tagged on to yours. A friend and I are visiting in the next couple of weeks and we are staying just above Villa Mahal in The Eagles Nest Apartments. I was wondering if there is a dolmus which runs into Kalkan and if not is it an easy walk or is it easy to call a taxi? Also I have been reading in a book (which admittedly is slightly out of date) that there isnt a shop in the area or anything like that. I do hope there is a my friend and I arrive quite late and would love to toast our arrival with an Efes. Anyway, would welcome any advise, even it only to tell me how to post my own thread.

Cheers

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 12:00:11 AM »
Easy to get a taxi in to Kalkan at approx 8-10 Tl but I don't think there's much in the way of a supermarket around there.  It is down hill to Kalkan but steep uphill back which in the heat will be challenging for all but the fittest.  Some of the supermarkets do deliveries so worth checking that out this year. Good luck!! PS Mahal is wonderful for a day out inc lunch - but a bit pricy.  Have fun!  :) ;D :-\

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 07:03:20 AM »
New thread
Click on Kalkan Turkey Forum (below Home button top left) Choose which subject you want, click on that, ie you are currently in general discussion. At the top will be a button for new topic click on that and all should be clear. You can review before you post. Hope that makes sense
Toni

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 04:44:49 PM »
 There is a small shop just at the top of Patara Prince. It is useful for bread etc. but a bit pricey for a full shop. It is a very short walk away from where you are staying. They will also deliver. There is now a path from the bottom of the road that runs up to Kisla (just by Patara Prince) that you can use to walk into Kalkan. It takes about  20minutes and it is very stony. It is a bit like walking along a beach, but quite pleasant and quiet(only the odd taxi). Although not lit the lights from the new road give enough light to walk along in the dark apart from the last 50yards on the way back. Probably in the heat of summer walking back to Kisla would be quite a haul,especially the last bit as you have the hill after Patara Prince.

We used it every evening in May walking both ways, have to see if its 'do-able' in August!

Offline zros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 08:32:21 AM »
You will love staying in Kisla as you have the amazing view of Kalkan lit up at night which is very magical and Kisla is quite area facing directly South with wonderful sun sets.
I always use Bob's Bar to buy my groceries and he will deliver. He is past the Patara in fact I think he is nearer to where you are staying.  He will also get anything you need if he has not got it in stock. Above his shop is his small bar/restaurant which again has fantastic views of Kalkan lit up at night with a romantic atmosphere . Try his special meatballs, my partner said they are the best he has tasted.
We walked along the new path  twice a day and I have added pictures of the path in the gallery so do have a look. Only the odd motor bike passed us but that was in May. Again good views walking along the path of Snake Island.
You will have a wonderful holiday and I am sure you will return.  8)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Kisla to Kalkan

Started by Mary Welsh on General Discussion

18 Replies
Last post September 24, 2010, 09:33:07 AM
by M n M
smiley
Pathway to Kalkan from Kisla

Started by zros on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post May 10, 2011, 08:00:30 PM
by philb1963
xx
Dolmus from Kisla to Kalkan

Started by Dodgers on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 22, 2011, 02:55:34 PM
by Skunk
xx
Four times Kalkan, first Kisla

Started by sidari on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post July 08, 2018, 08:30:07 AM
by DRBD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal