Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rosehip! An exciting new restaurant - opening this spring....  (Read 23282 times)

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
While I was in Kalkan at New Year, I was shown the beginnings of an exciting new terrace restaurant, in a fantastic location - due to open this spring.  It’s called Rosehip and will be owned and run by Mecit (Orlando) – the well-known charismatic and dashingly handsome front man from the Ozalp restaurant. The menu will feature authentic Northern Turkish cuisine, along with old favourites.  But here’s the twist: there will be dishes incorporating local rosehips into their recipes – including an exotic-sounding Rosehip Cocktail! The restaurant terrace has the most amazing sea views, and I believe there are also plans for live music, with a separate bar on the street below. It is situated just down from Belgin’s Kitchen, on the road down towards the sea, opposite the Old Trading Post. Definitely sounds worth a visit. I will be back in Kalkan at the end of March, so I will report back with my findings!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7409.0

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
Re: Rosehip! An exciting new restaurant - opening this spring....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 11:13:40 PM »
Sounds good.  Is it in place of an 'old' restaurant?
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 04:35:13 AM »
Was the Rendevous Restaurant maybe?

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 08:22:46 AM »
Fez

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 07:45:23 PM »
Oh no - please don't say the wonderful Fez is no more!  Its one of our favourites  ???

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »
No it isn't a former restaurant, fans of Fez will be relieved to know!  It is a former dwelling house, just down from Belgin's Kitchen - right in the heart of town.  I understand it will be open for Easter, and there will be a website showing photos of the restoration.  I'll post the link to the site as soon as I have it.

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 05:50:27 PM »
Phew!  Thanks for that - we love Fez.  Lots of new places to try this year as usual...can't wait  :D

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »
Rachey - lots of new places maybe, but will they all be the same as the others ???

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 09:36:06 PM »
hey Kevincat - don't really mind if some are fairly samey - it means meeting folk we might not have otherwise met, and there's usually something different about each place.  I'm delighted there are folk who are trying to make a go of things and to try and make a good life for themselves and their families.  Heaven knows it's hard work - I was GM of a hotel in St Andrews and the hospitality industry consumes all your life and energy!  I say good luck to them - it doesn't surprise me that many only last a year - over 70% of restaurants in the UK fail within one year - I wish them all well and will happily hand my money over after yet another lovely meal with lovely people  :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
as we all know a lot of it is musical chairs...premises being swapped and staff changing...with so much choice and more people self catering and eating in it will be a hard year i fear.we used to eat out every night but now like others buy supplies and eat in only going out a few nights to eat each week....
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 07:26:51 AM »
There is lots of frantic building activity going on in Kalkan this week - I am being woken at 8 am every morning to the sound of distant bulldozers, drills and diggers, as the town prepares for the season.  It's been fascinating watching the resturants make their final preparations - pick-up trucks revving in back streets, potted palms being ferried up to roof terraces, banisters being polished, walls painted and bars stocked; staff wearing singlets and flip flops perched precariously and unwisely on high and fragile structures, weilding a deadly circular saw in one hand and a fag in the other (Moonlight Bar) - amid much shouting and balling as the inevitable assembled crowd of chain-smoking onlookers down below shout helpful advice from the terraces. It feels a bit like being behind the scenes on a movie set on opening night. I've been with Mecit as Rosehip this week, where the guys are working round the clock to finish off the restaurant, ready for opening at the end of April. As a sort of house-warming gift, and as my contribution to this brave and bold venture, it's been my pleasure to develop the branding, website and menus for Rosehip. Sitting outside the Yali Bar with my laptop on my knee and a chilled glass of wine within reach, certainly beats being back in my office in rainy Manchester!

Offline zros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • Fallen in love with Kalkan and the people
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 07:58:13 AM »
Morning Christina,
What an amazing job you have describing the scene set in Kalkan whilst sipping chilled wine in my dream place.
I will certainly be visiting the 'Rosehip' in May when I come out with my best friend celebrating my 50th.  You mentioned there might be live music, any idea what type?
Where would you suggest is the best place to hear Jazz whilst feeling the warm breeze on your cheeks, smelling romantic spices experiencing that colourful  magical culture whilst admiring the amazing view? Not to mention a cocktail in ones' hand.
Have a wonderful day, Zros.

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 09:18:36 AM »
"much shouting and balling as the inevitable assembled crowd"

While the Tukish lads may be up for it, I think you meant 'bawling'?

Sorry, I can't help being a pedant.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:24:25 AM by Grumpygrampy »
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline BAS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 05:24:14 PM »
Hi - where exactly is Rosehip please? BAS

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 05:58:36 PM »
There is lots of frantic building activity going on in Kalkan this week - I am being woken at 8 am every morning to the sound of distant bulldozers, drills and diggers, as the town prepares for the season.  It's been fascinating watching the resturants make their final preparations - pick-up trucks revving in back streets, potted palms being ferried up to roof terraces, banisters being polished, walls painted and bars stocked; staff wearing singlets and flip flops perched precariously and unwisely on high and fragile structures, weilding a deadly circular saw in one hand and a fag in the other (Moonlight Bar) - amid much shouting and balling as the inevitable assembled crowd of chain-smoking onlookers down below shout helpful advice from the terraces. It feels a bit like being behind the scenes on a movie set on opening night. I've been with Mecit as Rosehip this week, where the guys are working round the clock to finish off the restaurant, ready for opening at the end of April. As a sort of house-warming gift, and as my contribution to this brave and bold venture, it's been my pleasure to develop the branding, website and menus for Rosehip. Sitting outside the Yali Bar with my laptop on my knee and a chilled glass of wine within reach, certainly beats being back in my office in rainy Manchester!

Fantastic description I can see it all going on now....one day I will get out there out of season... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Black Pearl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 12:13:48 AM »
Hello everyone The rosehip restaurant will be one of your favourite place in Kalkan.There are lots of traditional Turkish dishes from North of Turkey.Good quality,fabilous meal and resenable price.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 08:12:46 AM »
Do you have a date for the opening, we arrive in Kalkan tomorrow and if its open would like to give it a try.

Offline Black Pearl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 06:28:40 PM »
The rosehip will be open about last week of aprıl....The chef  from northen turkey,Headwaiter from Paprika  Restaurant the other guys from tourizm school....

Offline Black Pearl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
ROSEHIP RESTAURANT
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 09:17:58 PM »
In a couple of days the website of the rosehip will be ready

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 07:32:53 AM »
It seems to be is open already.

I walked past it last night and had a look at the menu, there were no customers (like half the restaurants at this time of year) in but I was invited in.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Maya restaurant opening this year?

Started by Rachey on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post June 09, 2011, 07:08:17 PM
by itstime
xx
Ali's Fish Restaurant and Market - opening on Monday 23 May

Started by Enişte on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 06:46:51 PM
by MouMou
xx
Tanzore Indian restaurant opening tomorrow

Started by maryharvie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

40 Replies
Last post May 21, 2013, 05:01:41 AM
by onelove
xx
Exciting News

Started by Bob & Jayne on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post March 24, 2012, 10:26:36 AM
by Potter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal