Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Love Rugby  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Wally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Love Rugby
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:46:24 AM »
Hello everyone on forum

My wife and I have recently(Dec 2 2010) moved to Kalkan full time. We are both rugby people, my club Moseley from Birmingham (some of you now know who we are) With the 6 Nations starting Wales v England on the 4 Feb and all subsequent matches to follow plus the World Cup in NZ starting in Oct, after a discussion with like minded people I thought it would be interesting to make contact with other rugby loving folk living in Kalkan or visiting who will be here during the matches and maybe we can all get together at a venue to watch the games or discuss rugby in general?

I know during the winter months places to view are limited, Parc and Swan being the only places I know of? If there are enough people who prefer a specific venue then maybe we can approach the owner with a view to watching the games instead of being 2nd class to any football that comes on the TV! What do you think?   

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7281.0

Offline edwina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: Love Rugby
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:33:49 PM »
Hi Wally,

I quite agree, there is a definite need for the few of us who prefer the man's game to that played by the over priced, over exposed (publicity wise) exponents of soccer. Our game, rugby, has taken and still takes a back seat in Kalkan but I suppose that is inevitable and of course, in a true democracy, the majority rules. However, I still feel our minority group shouldn't be trampled under foot, especially when all TV channels offer some kind of soccer cover 24 hours a day, everyday, in any language you wish to name.
Cenk, owner of the Parc Kalkan restaurant is intending to organise coverage of the 6 Nations championship, if there is sufficient interest. It will only need, say ten of us, to convince him of the latent interest lurking in our little villiage. The first game - Wales/England, Friday Feb 4, 21-45hrs - is a good basis on which to establish interest. I expect some of the matches will clash with the ever popular Man U (as I am informed they are known) and then there will be a dilemma but in the meantime let's show our interest by supporting Cenk's initiative.

Well done Wally.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 02:02:09 PM »
any game where men huddle around in a scrum with noses up the man in fronts bottom can hardly be very manly or pleasant ;D ....................i'm sure that Kalkan can accomodate both footy and rugby.In fact i'd rather be in another Bar watching footy safe in the knowledge that any impromptu scrummage by rugby fans won't end up with my nuts being squeezed whilst having a nose shoved up my backside :laugh: :laugh:

only kiddin!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:04:25 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 02:20:54 PM »

Good luck with that one most people only watch rugby when they cant sleep.....has to be football a game that requires great skill and talent and most of all is entertaining to watch...... ;) ;)

Offline Wally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 06:47:59 AM »
Ah! at least a little discussion. Strange to read the negative comments about rugby but I suppose this confirms my original writings that another sport i.e. rugby should be tolerated by the soccer people but it seems this is not the case! The cause of my discussion is that there hasn't been room made for rugby in Kalkan during winter,soccer dominates hence my comments! Anyway there was one en-lighted person, so to all the unbelievers and in support of Cenk just try watching with rugby people in the Parc and you will soon see the beauty, passion and sportsmanship so lacking in other sports. You will also see that you can enjoy another rugby teams skill, not only your own team.

Well done the Parc in support OF THIS NOBLE CAUSE. All 6 Nations fixtures are behind the bar and there will be a notice at door stating which game is on a the time.   

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 07:53:17 AM »
Lighten up Wally!!...... gentle teasing is all it is......i hope you find somewhere to watch rugby ;)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 09:41:09 AM »

Yes is only a bit of jesting......I'm sure you will find somewhere to watch the rugby.....maybe all the people interested in it could find a phone box to use  >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline Wally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 01:36:26 AM »
Well I have decided to lighten up, sorry! Will now continue to live a carefree life in lovely Kalkan, gradually sliding into a more mellow way of life! Its now 03.30hrs woken by a storm over the bay. We live in the 'old' part of the village and lightening is awesome! Winter or summer the beauty remains the same.

In closing I'm still looking forward to my rugby at the Parc but until then will just admit how lucky we are to be here!

Goodnight all 

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
Totally agree with you Wally. Bl***y football supporters !
I will be able to see the Scotland v Ireland match on 27 Feb. Tell Cenk to get the Efers on ice !

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Rugby

Started by Martynb on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post October 06, 2010, 02:32:24 PM
by Legionaire
thumbup
Rugby World Cup

Started by oldh on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post August 16, 2011, 07:59:11 AM
by Yabancı
xx
Six Nations Rugby

Started by Ahsap Man on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post March 13, 2016, 06:54:08 PM
by DRBD
xx
Rugby world cup

Started by jcac on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post September 22, 2011, 01:30:57 PM
by clara 50

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Turkey 2010 048.JPG

Views: 3465
By: skauser
Mr+Mrs B