Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: flip flops/flippen floppen  (Read 3368 times)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
flip flops/flippen floppen
« on: February 09, 2011, 07:17:42 PM »
maryjane raised the matter of flippen floppen and said blue lizard was the expert.    I would like to know how anyone can actually walk round Kalkan in them.     I have to reserve them for around the garden and pool and have more sturdy equipment for actually walking.    I look with envy at the elegant footware worn by other ladies but I don't attempt to emulate them.    Anyone who has not been to Kalkan before should be prepared........
I think I know blue lizard's particular use for flip-flops.    I was totally bemused one day to find a shoe print half way up a bedroom wall.   I expect all regular Kalkan visitors will know why it was there - took me a few minutes to work it out.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7344.0

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: flip flops/flippen floppen
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 07:36:35 PM »
LOL Tortoise lady, my footwear in Kalkan always causes me problems ??? I never wear heels but despite this have descended not too gracefully to the ground on several occasions and in October a dog ran off with one of my diamante flippen floppen :o Had only taken them off one evening while sat at the pool. Went in to pour another chilled glass of wine and when I returned a dog was running off with one of them! left the other one out all night but said dog never came back for the other one ???
Anyone who sees a dog wearing one diamante flippen floppen please feel free to contact me :D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 07:37:16 PM »
I'm the same can't wear them infact to me they are the devils shoes...it's the piece between the toes that's the killer  ;) ;) ;) ;)

BTW I'm a fella with size 12 feet  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 07:39:02 PM by misty »

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »
 :) i am always amazed at the amount of single shoes we see on our walk down to town. obviously it is the dogs that have taken them. i have also been a victim. my wife has suggested that we should start a club in kalkan called "SHOES REUNITED" we could have a local drop off point!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »
Misty old bean...buy the ones without the bit between the toes....just the over the foot bit..comfort personified!..when you become adept at wazzling with your flippen floppen you can get the little critters as they fly past..trap them between both !!no need to go near walls....mrs Lizard often twacks me on the head under the pretence of "mozzie"but i think it's more for her enjoyment!! ::) zzzzzzzzz!
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 10:00:23 AM »

Ah but Mr Lizard..when does a Flip Flop become a sandal is it when the 'toe thong' piece is removed  :D :D :D

BTW We rented a place once with flipflop prints on the ceiling.....was does that say  ;) ;) ;) ;) 

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »
:) i am always amazed at the amount of single shoes we see on our walk down to town. obviously it is the dogs that have taken them. i have also been a victim. my wife has suggested that we should start a club in kalkan called "SHOES REUNITED" we could have a local drop off point!

Sounds like a plan and I'd be happy to move over there and run the entire organisation. Purely on the grounds of public duty of course :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 12:38:01 PM »
Aheeem!! i will have you know sandals are not Flippen Floppen!!!!..i buy my Flippen from Next...i also have several secret EBay sources of these incredulous footwear....the sandal is identified by it's straps and should not be confused....mules by the covered overy bit at the front.The jelly is of see through plastic in various colours and is not a good look for over 10's(age not size)The Croc is a rubber shoe that you can hear the wearer coming in,it has a tendancy to produce a squeak and is therefore not good for sneaking up on people.....Flippen let your toes wander free!!..they also fail to become an attractive foot option when accompanied by socks..this should be outlawed and offenders taken to a place and pelted with tomatos...i would suggest the dog that stole the footwear maybe got a whiff of cheddar ?? :-[
                                                                 Lizard                                                 

Offline Caspar9

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »
Hello there,

just getting my daily dose of EJ to brighten up my lunch hour

couldn't the flippy flop without the toe bit be called a mule?? 

from the ghostly pale one!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 01:32:33 PM »
"i would suggest the dog that stole the footwear maybe got a whiff of cheddar ??  "
                                                                 Lizard           

:o :o :o :oI'll have you know I have sweet smelling tootsies. Cheddar ??? ???
I need to go lie down in a dark room and sob uncontrollably at this slur on my poor wee tootsies :'( :'(
and anyway would probably have been Haloumi ;)                                       

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 02:46:29 PM »
An Haloumi??? is that like a whippet with a taste for cheese?...please don't cry i'm sure your toes are fragrant little sausages :-*

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:16:56 PM by blue lizard »

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »

Flip flops are not for people with unattractive feet...if you have toes like a bag of chips they should not be on display  :D :D :D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 03:18:42 PM »
Wheeey hey......i'd change my chippy if i were you!! :o :o

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 03:24:24 PM »
I agree Misty, diamante flippen-floppens especially, don't look particularly attractive when accessorized with corns, bunions or delightful in-growing toenails  :o. Hope no-ones eating at the moment!!

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »

Yes few people can boast of having attractive feet.....even super models...when you get to the feet it all goes Pete Tong  >:D >:D

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »

Yes few people can boast of having attractive feet.....even super models...when you get to the feet it all goes Pete Tong  >:D >:D

Aha Misty you haven't had the pleasure of meeting my dainty little size 3 "piggy trotters"  :D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 07:04:42 PM »

Aha Misty you haven't had the pleasure of meeting my dainty little size 3 "piggy trotters"  :D

Size three !!!! what stops you falling over..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 08:22:35 PM »

Size three !!!! what stops you falling over..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Heeeeeee Heeeeeee not drinking too much >:D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 10:56:34 PM »
flip flops (flippen floppen)..are so called because of the noise they make when you walk in them...if they don't make the sound they are not the genuine article..they're a sandal, mule and all other manner of summer footwear. Diamante flip flops are my weakness....if any dog tries to steal one from me he will get the other slapped on his backside (sorry KAPSA :angel:)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal