Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello!!  (Read 4569 times)

Offline EllieBoon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hello!!
« on: November 06, 2010, 07:51:55 PM »
Just wanted to say Hi!!!

Really glad I have found this forum! Myself and my partner Simon will be coming to Kalkan next August for our Honeymoon!!!!! So excited to spend our first holiday as newlyweds in this beautiful location!!! We have heard so many good things about Kalkan from our friends!!

Any tips on day trips and romantic restaurants would be amazing!!!

Have a good weekend all!

Ellie

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6904.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
Re: Hello!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 08:15:07 PM »
Welcome Ellie,
You have chosen a wonderful place for your Honeymoon.
Have a good read through and I am sure you will find lots of ideas of where to go and what to do....I expect you will not be able to fit everything in.
Joan

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 08:56:53 AM »
Hi Ellie

You could not have chosen a more perfect place - it was our first visit to Kalkan last year and that is exactly how I described the place to all our freinds "it's like being on honeymoon every day" it is soooo magical and beautiful I'm sure u will end up like every one else and be hooked. We went to Puerto Banus for our honeymoon but I so wish we had come across Kalkan instead - every restautant is kind of romantic in it's own way and the people are wonderful u will have a fab time I'm sure and this forum will keep u informed and hooked have a look at the restaurant posts and u will get the gist of where to go but of course everyone has their own favourites and we all want different things but u will not be disappointed. We are there in August next year so I will keep an eye out for a couple with big grins on their faces lol tho all visitors to kalkan are like that so u will just blend in.
Chrissy

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:16:21 PM »
Hi Ellie

Welcome to the forum. Jon and I chose to have our honeymoon in Kalkan last year. We had been to the Maldives a couple of years previously, seen as one of the traditional honeymoon resorts, but chose Kalkan as there really wasn't anywhere else we would rather be. In my opinion it is the most romantic, chilled out place we've ever been and you will both love it.

We love Kleo bar in the evening for a nice cocktail looking out to sea. It is hard to choose a favourite restaurant as there are so many, like Chrissy says they are all romantic. We tried the Korsan Fish Terrace for the first time this year though and I thought that had a lovely setting and ambience and the fish was gorgeous so you could try there.

Hope the wedding planning is going well, gosh i remember that excited feeling ;D

Julie
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:23:09 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline EllieBoon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »
Thank you ladies for your lovely welcome to the forum!!! Im sooooo excited that you guys think Kalkan is a great place for our honeymoon!! We also looked at the traditional Maldives, Mauritius locations and although they look beautiful my partner wouldn't be able to just sit on a beach for a whole two weeks....and we are real foodies and most of the resorts appear to restrict you to the one restaurant they have on site.  We are both preparing ourselves for the honeymoon weight gain given the amount of lovely reasturants there appear to be in Kalkan...bring it on  ;D

I can see myself spending most of the day on here planning our trip......dont know what I'm more excited about the wedding or the honeymoon right now!!!!  :)   Cant wait for next August!! Were getting married in Dubrovnik Croatia which is also a beautiful location...so I'm feeling a very luck lady right now...although we have to save every penny its going to be so worth all the scrimping and saving!!

And yes Chrissy 1 we will be the couple with the BIG grins....you also wont be able to miss us as my partner is 6'7...so just look out for the grinning giant and his equally happy midget wife ....haha!!!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 06:34:39 PM »
Hi Ellie, welcome to the forum!
You will love Kalkan, it was our first visit in June and as soon as we got back  we booked for next June!!
It's a beautiful resort with fabulous restaurants and lovely little shops. We had planned to do lots of trips before we went but only managed to do a boat trip(we went with Yildiz, can highly recommend), we just got so settled by the pool and the Lizo hotel has such a good restaurant and bar that some days we never left the hotel!!
Enjoy!!
Nicky

Offline EllieBoon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 09:11:17 PM »
Thanks Nicky! The boat trips sound great...may treat ourselves to a private one!!! Got a feeling we may end up lazing round the pool for most of the day also though  :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 09:54:28 AM »
Hi again Ellie
Where are u staying?

Chrissy

Offline EllieBoon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »
We are staying in villa Rhapsody in an area called Kiziltas??? (I think thats what the area is called!). It says it about a 15 minute walk into the centre but im guessing in the heat it may be longer! Trying to way up if to hire a car or not! We have our own pool it will be so nice just to chill out!!!  ;D

Offline EllieBoon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 04:17:25 PM »
Sorry Chrissie, meant to ask where u were planning on staying in August also? How rude of me  :D

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 07:26:42 PM »
Gosh no u not rude at all - I was just curious as I was guessing u be holed up in a lovely private villa nudge nudge etc lol Only joking it will be fab in yr own villa (they all look amazing) we are doing 3 weeks in June staying at Samira Gardens so our August 2 weeks is just a second hol and not sure yet where we staying possibly the samira hotel near town - we like to be close to all the great restaurants beach clubs and stuff

Chrissy

Offline EllieBoon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 07:33:23 PM »
ohhh two holidays in Kalkan...lucky you :)......... role on the summer!!!! Yes were pushing the boat out with the villa....2012 im guessing will be two rainy days in Bognor what with the wedding and honeymoon spiralling costs ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 10:59:46 PM »
Maybe when you find out that your new hubby farts and you snore and hog the duvet you can both go on kalkan hols seperate in 2012 >:D :-\
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline EllieBoon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 11:21:26 PM »
Cheers for the advice their blue lizard but after nine years together we have somehow managed to work through those minor issues  ;)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 07:36:45 AM »
Congratulations by the way!!......both on your wedding and finding Kalkan!!...im sure you will have loads of questions before you go ;)

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 10:40:19 PM »
Happy honeymoon EllieBoon! We spent half our honeymoon in Kalkan in 2009 and came back in 2010 because it wasn't long enough!
You've made a great choice. Lots to do if you want it. Lots of chillin if you don't.
So whatever your mood everything is lovely. People are laid back and happy. Bliss!
We made loads of plans this time. But instead spent time relaxing wherever we went so hardly scratched the surface.
And so ;) looks like we'll have to go back!
Happy days, and happy honeymoon to you!
L
if you can walk you can dance

Offline EllieBoon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 11:18:28 PM »
Thanks both.....after all the chaos and excitment of the wedding I think a lot of time will be spent chilling.......and consuming massive amounts of food of course  ;D So chuffed with all the positive comments I have read about Kalkan....really think we have made the right choice!!!

cherylfoster

cherylfoster
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 03:49:33 PM »
Hi,
I am  cheryl and I have joined this board today only. I think there are different
 things in this forum which give lot of important and interesting information.
I have joint this board because I want want to gain knowledge.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Daphne''s

Views: 4124
By: misty
klalkan