Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: love your pets  (Read 11429 times)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: love your pets
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 12:05:34 PM »
Hi it'stime, so pleased you still have your Pusscat!! He's obviously still happy with life if he's eating, drinking and playing!! Long may it continue for you and Puss!
Nicky

Offline GARDENIA PAT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 08:08:14 PM »

I know exactly how you feel,our cat marti died a few years ago at 17 years old and he was the best pusscat ever, i swore i would never have another. A year ago my daughter split up with her boyfriend and moved back home with her 2 cats,they were rescue cats and very very timid ,now a year later they are finally really settled, its so lovely when they climb on your knee or ( sleep on my feet in bed or on my head!!!) which my other cat wasn't allowed to do, its such a breakthrough!! Now shes nearer to getting her own house the pusscats will go and my god i will miss them so much.x

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 09:07:01 PM »
Thanks again to everyone for your lovely messages. It's so wonderful to hear how others care about their pets  :) and heartening to know I'm not the only one who's slightly "dotty" about our four legged friends ;)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »
Hi folks. A wee update on my little cat. It's not good news. I finally had to do what was right for him and he went to sleep earlier today. His mobility had got so bad that I was having to lift him to his tray and hand feed him. His quality of life was poor and really had to make the heartbreaking decision. It's a sad house here tonight.
Thanks to everyone for all the support and kind messages, it really meant a lot to me.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »
I'm so sorry...i know it's hard but chinny up! you gave him a great life and i'm sure he would wish another cat could be given the same....you will know when your ready :-* :-*
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 06:38:57 PM »
Very sorry to hear your news, Itstime.    I know it is heartbreaking to have to make that decision but it was clearly the right time.   There comes a point when you can't let pets suffer any more.    I hope it won't be too long before you will be able to look back and smile at the antics your little cat got up to when younger and fitter.   And as blue lizard says there is probably another cat out there somewhere waiting for a good home with you when you are ready.

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 06:57:44 PM »
My dear Itstime

My heart goes out to you - no matter what I say will not heal your hurt at the moment.   Please believe that you, as an animal lover, have had to do the right thing, but at times I (and you) hate playing God, but we are good people.   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 09:27:02 AM »
So sorry to read your sad news Itstime. I know how you must be feeling, we had to make the same decision a few years back when we had our beloved spaniels. You did the right thing for your pusscat and as Bluelizard says you will know when you're ready to give another lucky cat a wonderful home. Take care, xxxx

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 10:08:21 PM »
Thanks everyone :) Was so hard to do but deep down I know it was the right thing. Was I suppose, wishing he would simply sleep away himself but couldn't stand back and let him lose his dignity.
I'm being kept busy trying to "tame" my 10 week old puppy and comfort my other cat who is so obviously missing his best pal.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 03:28:34 PM »
So sorry itstime, I can really sympathise with you. We'd had our terrier Buster for fourteen years and absolutely adored him, the night before we were due to fly to Kalkan he seemed a little unwell but was eating and having his usual bark at the local cats that entered our garden. We were a little concerned but my Hubby's sister always minded him when we went abroad and he loved staying with her and she assured us if he got any worse she would take him to the vets. Unfortunately early the first morning after our arrival in Kalkan she rang us to say that he'd suddenly had a massive stroke and she was at the vets and the vet wanted our permission to put him to sleep as he was completely comatosed. Of course it was the most difficult answer we've ever given but we couldn't have bared to think he was suffering. It broke our hearts and needless to say put an absolute downer on the holiday and for some time after, you get so attached. We vowed no more animals but months after when trawling the web I somehow came across a local animal rescue kennels we didn't even know existed and immediately fell in love with a nine month old Cairn terrier who's owners they never could find. Needless to say we adopted him immediately and have never looked back. He's nothing like Buster in his ways but just as lovable and of course we'll never forget Buster especially as he's buried in the our garden under the Christmas tree he loved. Most of us Brits are daft about our pets but that can't be a bad thing can it! Chin up itstime!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 04:10:05 PM »
Pets become part of our family over time and their personalities and little ways mean that the loss of a much loved animal evokes real grief....don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Our kids had numerous hamsters - one of which had to be put to sleep and I howled like a three year-old in vets surgery. Cats, dogs, hamsters - we've had all manner of pets and we still talk fondly about them now - they brought us such joy. Sincere condolences itstime :( :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
taking pets from uk to turkey

Started by samson on Living In Kalkan

4 Replies
Last post January 15, 2009, 11:59:36 AM
by samson
xx
Bringing pets from UK to Turkey

Started by KingArthur on Living In Kalkan

1 Replies
Last post December 16, 2014, 10:07:42 AM
by itstime
smiley
Kids will love this!!!

Started by Chucky on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post December 14, 2009, 09:09:33 PM
by Chucky
xx
I LOVE KALKAN

Started by JacquiB on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post September 08, 2010, 09:02:20 PM
by Kefgirl

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Stone in Xanthos

Views: 3967
By: Rosire
The Boys