Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: love your pets  (Read 11437 times)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
love your pets
« on: December 22, 2010, 08:47:10 PM »
My adorable persian cat aged 17 has been diagnosed with cancer :'( I can't begin to explain how I feel. He's such a perfect little boy who is adored by my family. I know that in the "grand scheme of life" it's maybe not that important, but tonight I am hurting like hell. Not sure how long he has but all I can do is lavish love and affection on him and brace myself for the inevitable. Vet says at the moment he's not in pain but it hurts like hell watching him trying to get around. He's eating and drinking and trying to play with his toys but really struggling. Only time will tell how long I will have him and as soon as he stops eating and looks like he's in pain I know I have to do the right thing for him. All of you out there who have pets, give them an extra treat tonight and love them as much as you can...

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7203.0

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Re: love your pets
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 09:02:13 PM »
Sorry to hear this thats why I vowed no more pets after we lost our last cat to cancer.......

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 10:17:05 PM »
ah, sorry to hear about your cat - it's a huge wrench as they're never with us long enough. 17 years is a good life, though it's always too soon isn't it? Good luck.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 10:24:20 PM »
Sorry itstime but that hurting like hell feeling will last a long time.  Think of the 17 wonderful years you've had him and the pleasure he's brought you and you him.  Charlie.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 10:37:30 PM »
Thanks so much for all your support. As I type this the wee soul is curled up on my lap. Why does it hurt so much?
Best wishes to everyone for a healthy, happy and peaceful Christmas

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 09:39:40 AM »
Every time we have lost a cat or a dog we say "never again"...but we do!...the love and enjoyment they bring out weighs the grief when they go..you will know when the time is right and i feel sure you seem the kind of person who will give another little creature a good life.......stay strong and keep your chin up.
xxx  :-*
Lizard

(after reading you post last night George the moggy had his favourite yoghurt!)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 10:11:16 AM »
My love and thoughts are with you.   I agree they break your heart when the time comes, but it is part of being a responsible owner(although it does not seem like it at the time).  I still weep for my dog, she went two years ago, but what a marvellous time we had for 16 years.
Thinking of you
With love from me and my 4 pusscats.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 12:29:56 PM »
awww that brought a tear to my eye when I read your post Itstime. As a cat lover myself and owner of two cats my heart goes out to you. Hope you still manage to have a good Christmas.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 07:27:55 PM »
So sorry to hear about your sad news, i've been bought up with animals so have lost a lot over the years but when me and my Husband lost our 2 Cocker spaniels we said never again(we lost Harry to leuakimia, excuse the spelling, when he was diagagnosed with it we knew there was nothing could be done for him so we made him as comfy as we could for his last few days until the time came when we had to take him to be put to sleep, it broke our hearts to see him go like that as he was always such a healthy boy and he was only 9 years old), but after a couple of months without a dog in the house we got in touch with the Weimaraner rescue and it wasn't long before Ruby joined us!! So i agree so much with Bluelizards comment, our life was so empty without a dog and the love and joy they bring somehow makes the grief worthwhile. My heart goes out to you and i have just given Ruby a little fuss and she had an extra treat earlier as she had a sausage!!
Nicky

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 07:47:24 PM »
As I write this,  our big ginger boy William( ex tom! ) is sitting on my lap with his chin resting on my hand. He sleeps on our bed, or in it when it gets very cold, and I sometimes wake up with his head on my shoulder and his paws under my cheek! He has trained us to open the door when he wants to go out and can make it from our bed to the fridge in 5 seconds for some milk. He eats some of our breakfast porridge that we leave for him in our bowls.      One evening when I was gigging, Chris had some girlfriends over for some supper. One of the girls took off her shoes and.......................
William brought in a half dead mouse and gently placed it in one of them. How she could have been so upset with him, we just can't comprehend!

But, one thing, we vowed when he arrived we would never spoil him!

When he goes we will be heartbroken, but we will, in time, get another!

Merry Christmas and a Rocktastic new year to you all.

Very best wishes from Chris and Allan.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 11:27:14 PM by AllanChris »
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 09:53:38 PM »
many many thanks to all of you for your kind and comforting posts. Can't believe that so many have taken the time to post at this busy time.  The little man is still with us tonight, again curled up sleeping peacefully. Got appointment at vet in the morning so will take advice tomorrow and see what happens.
I'll let you all know how he gets on :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 09:06:01 PM »
had the wee cat to vet today. No deterioration and he's doing not so bad. Get to have another Christmas with him so feeling good :) He's not suffering and seems content so another few days to lavish love and attention on him at least.
Thanks again for all the kind words :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »
Hope things are still ok with you and Pusscat.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 06:59:58 PM »
Hi Nicky. Yes the wee pudding is still with us :) Had at least half a dozen turkey dinners :) and still managing to get around and enjoy his Christmas pressies! Back to vet tomorrow so yet again just hoping for good news. He seems to be baffling everyone including the vet so long may it continue :)
Hope Santa was good to you :D and thanks for asking after him :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Hi itstime!
Our thoughts are with you.  We lost Toby, our 17 year old black, tom cat whilst we were in Kalkan this July. He died in the arms of Becki our 24 year old daughter. She rang us whilst we were in Mussakka to ask for the vet's number, then he just gave out a big purrrh and stroke her face with his paw and that was it; one very distraught family. Becki had grown up with him and he was hers.

It's a lovely age and we know he had a loving, family, long life and we enjoyed his company very much.

Take care

Steve

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 10:45:48 PM »
Thanks Antler :)   your poor daughter, must have been awful for her and for you being so far away at the time :(
Had the puss to the vet again today and he continues to mystify them. He's doing fine and has eaten Christmas dinner number errrrrrrr probably about 12 now ::)
Still not too clever on his paws and looks a bit like Bambi on ice on tiled floors but a bit more elegant on carpet. Hope springs eternal :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:47:29 PM by itstime »

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 11:13:43 PM »
Hi itstime  I lost my darling old cat Tigger this summer when he had an illness that mystified the vets and from which i really believed he was going to recover.  I was also going to cancel my holiday in Kalkan to stay with him while he was ill but sadly he deteriorated and I had to have him put to sleep.  Despite being very heartbroken I had a fab week in Kalkan and have  recently felt ready to adopt again.  So Tommy (menace that he is) has taken Tigger's place but I will never forget him and never stop loving him.  Enjoy every moment that your wee pudding is there with you and rest assured when the time is right you'll find another special animal to share your life with. 

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 06:22:03 PM »
Sorry to hear about your puss. Cancer within animals can be something that takes on quickley or can be slow and so long as the quality of life is ok then they can live on happily. One of our horses had a rare cancer that would eventually kill her but she had a further 4 years of happiness grazing (on many constant drugs) till it became too much. We have 3 dogs and we would spend anything that was needed to keep them happy, and I'm sure you and the vets will pull all the stops out for your puss. On another "pet note"... I urge everyone to take care with your dogs during this very hard winter. A friend of ours had to watch on as her little dog ran onto a frozen pond, not on our farm (we have many) and fell through the ice. In seconds maisy had gone under and there was nothing she could do. Please tell others that when you are out walking across farms and fields of this danger because it is waiting to happen and in some cases could be fatal for the owner as well. We have put warning notices up for the many dog walkers that come onto our land each day. Keep em safe.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 07:40:46 PM »
A wee update on my precious little cat. He's still with us :D Recent vet visit described him as a "creaking gate"  :o  He's still eating, drinking and trying to play. Steroids are keeping him going and still absolutely no sign of suffering. I know it can't go on for ever but still lavishing so much love and attention on him, in fact it's probably fair to say our lives are absolutely revolving around making him happy ::) ah well it's absolutely worth it. Thanks again to everyone who expressed their thoughts and I'll let you all know how things go

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 07:55:24 PM »
So pleased you still have your puss cat!   Will keep my fingers/toes/paws crossed for you all.  xxxxxxxxxxx

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Bringing pets from UK to Turkey

Started by KingArthur on Living In Kalkan

1 Replies
Last post December 16, 2014, 10:07:42 AM
by itstime
xx
taking pets from uk to turkey

Started by samson on Living In Kalkan

4 Replies
Last post January 15, 2009, 11:59:36 AM
by samson
xx
Why we love Turkey.

Started by Tatilde on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post August 01, 2017, 09:28:36 AM
by Kay Wright
thumbup
Love Rugby

Started by Wally on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post January 24, 2011, 08:15:43 AM
by Denners

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Relaxing by the pool

Views: 3155
By: misty
village Life