Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: You must visit the Turkuaz reataurant!  (Read 4952 times)

Offline spikusminimus

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
You must visit the Turkuaz reataurant!
« on: September 16, 2007, 05:01:33 PM »
We returned from our holiday in Turkey about a week ago but the memories of our time spent in Kalkan will linger much longer than our tans.  We holiday in Turkey every year, sometimes twice because we can''t wait to return.  This time however we wanted to share our experience of eating at a new restaurant with others who visit Kalkan.  The name is Turkuaz (Turquoise in English) and it is run by Ahmet and Anna.  It is situated near the Mosque at the bottom of the first steep hill on the right off the main street going down.  Just before you turn the corner at the bottom of the hill there is a side street on the left and the entrance is about 25m along there on the right.  We had dinner there several times during our holiday because having been for the first time, we just wanted to go back and enjoy the food, the stunning terrace views and of course the friendly atmosphere.  They have a waiter called Mumin who for some reason reminded us of Jim Carey, who looked after us really well and kept us entertained throughout the evening.  I could go on and on about this place but you really should go and see for yourself just how good eating out in Kalkan can be - go on spoil yourselves!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=687.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: You must visit the Turkuaz reataurant!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 05:27:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum - Interesting first post, how about writing a full holiday report, including reviews of other restaurants you visited.......

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 05:32:27 PM »
can''t believe this has come up again. Getting a bit boring now. An ok-ish restaurant but have no desire to go back. Don''t understand the hype.........something very strange going on

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 05:45:58 PM »
Hi - I agree itstime - welcome to the forum spikusminimus and so glad you enjoyed your holiday in kalkan - I too would like to hear details of other restaurants and places you visited - perhaps you could add your comments to the existing threads on this subject - where you will also find a lot of comments re: the Turquaz - some good - some not so good....

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 06:30:49 PM »
Guess which restaurant I won''t be trying next time in Kalkan - methinks someone is trying too hard! (wonder if the''ve tried Al Fresco?!)

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 06:34:29 PM »
Ahmmm!  Very suspicious posting, especially as Anna speaks excellent English.  We visited this restaurant, sorry guys, too expensive and not at all original in menu.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline spikusminimus

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 07:24:20 PM »
Hi everyone sorry if my enthusiasm overwhelmed a few of you but there absolutely nothing suspicious about my posting.  We are an English couple who regularly visit Kalkan and use many of the fine restaurants in the town and enjoyed them all.  It was simply that we had some very good experiences at this particular restaurant, including dining with some very good Turkish friends who had never been to Kalkan.  They too were impressed both by the beauty of the town and our choice of venue.  Anyway, I don''t see why I should have to defend my comments - there are obviously some sad people out there.

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 07:28:40 PM »
Isn''t this report about Turkuaz almost identical to a post last time someone tried to plug it?

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 07:45:35 PM »
Hi Spikusminimus - no not sad people - but people who through experience have to be vigilant about postings...  Unfortunately - it is is a very sad fact that in today''s impersonal internet world that it is all too easy for people to post non genuine postings under assumed names - usually self promoting themselves and their businesses be it - restaurants, villas apartments, trips whatever.  This has happened both on this forum and other forums such as Trip Advisor and therefore we have to be vigilant and yes - i guess suspicious about postings that purport to favour just one thing/person/place.  Unfortunately in a place such as Kalkan where there is SUCH a huge number of restaurants competing for a limited and lessening number of visitors it is all to easy for people to self promote thereby not only breaking the forum rules but also giving potentially false information to would-be visitors.  So sorry if we appear to be harsh but it is a hard world out there.... :(

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 06:37:33 PM »
I''ve been back from Kalkan for 2 days  :( and I though I would try the Turkuaz, having previously been to it when it was the Havana.  I was not impressed.  The food was ''ok'' but the service was terrible.  And I know it doesn''t cost much but this is the first restaurant I have eaten at where they don''t bother to ask if you want water first and just pour it out whether you want it or not and then include it on the bill.  I refused to pay for it on principle!  Maybe I wouldn''t have noticed that it was on the bill if the service had been good and just paid but I found the waiter (who I presume was the owner) a very irritating man!

Offline jackson

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 09:46:42 PM »
We shall be in Kalkan for the first time at the end of October and have been reading this forum with interest as regards to places to stay, visit, eat and drink. I am fairly confident that our choice of hotel is good (The Meldi)  but of the other things on our list, one place to eat that maybe we should avoid seems to be the Turkuaz.

Offline Janey28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 09:52:49 PM »
Jackson

You cannot go wrong with the The Meldi...we are going back again this year...the staff are really freindly and the food is great.

Offline jackson

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 10:06:44 PM »
Janey28

Thanks, it''s nice to read good comments from people who have stayed their before. When I first posted on here regarding the Meldi and it''s location in town, Felicity was also quick to sing it''s praises regarding the staff and food.
When you are staying their, are the Meldi arranging your transfers from Dalaman, and if so, do they get in touch with you prior to departure from the UK, or do you have to contact them first to confirm the arrangements.

Offline Janey28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 10:08:56 PM »
Jackson

We usually send them a quick e-mail about a week before we come and if you are staying 7 nights or more then yes the cost of your transfer both ways is included in the room rate...

Its a perfect location...have you been to Kalkan before?

Offline jackson

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 10:14:24 PM »
Janey28

That was a quick response,

First time in Kalkan, and yes we are staying for 7 nights so transfer included. I shall take your advice and email them a week before we arrive.
Lets hope Kalkan lives up to expectations. I am sure it will. :)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 10:19:11 PM »
Jackson I''m sure you will love Kalkan.  My only concern is that you are going so late in the season.  I have visited Kalkan many times (in and out of season) and love it anytime but for a first timer.........I hope it lives up to all your expections.  What does everyone else think?

Offline jackson

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 10:56:18 PM »
Hi Charlie, hopefully late in the season should be ok for us. We much prefer to holiday abroad out of season when the resorts aren''t so hot and busy. I appreciate that not all restaurants and shops will be open, and that we aren''t guaranteed wall to wall sunshine, but we normally find that places are much better for that.
I''m sure that we will enjoy Kalkan. 8)

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 11:02:26 PM »
Jackson, the first time I went to Kalakan it was low season - much, much nicer IMHO!  Am sure you will love it.

Offline kalkan r us

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 05:11:30 PM »
Turkuaz are not opening this year unfortunately. Just so you all know.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
2nd visit

Started by susie126 on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post August 06, 2009, 12:49:45 PM
by onelove
xx
Second visit - even better than the first

Started by admgriffin on Holiday Reports and Reviews

6 Replies
Last post May 30, 2012, 01:39:15 PM
by Ryss
xx
May visit

Started by popps on Accommodation and Hotels

12 Replies
Last post March 01, 2009, 08:23:20 PM
by Reygirl
xx
first visit

Started by westie1952 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post March 20, 2011, 12:58:29 PM
by HolmfirthNicky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal