Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Nur Hotel  (Read 8577 times)

Offline blondie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Nur Hotel
« on: September 14, 2007, 06:04:18 PM »
Staying at Nur Hotel on 24th Sept for 2 weeks as booked with Thomsons - just been advised of a room description error (earlier in the year we were informed of a wrong pic in the brochure) ...we don''t have a sea view - they say none of the rooms have a sea -view - not so much of a big deal as they will refund our room surcharges for non-existent view.  However looked at the Nur hptel website  and many rooms do have a sea view (have e-mailed hotel to see if can request a particular room/floor)

so it remains to see what type of room we will get!!..sure it won''t enjoy the holiday though we like to explore and take lots of photos and chill out so we won''t be spending much time in the hotel anyway

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=683.0

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Nur Hotel
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:08:47 PM »
Hi blondie, I am almost certain that you won''t have a sea view from a hotel room but you will from the roof when you go up there for breakfast or use Barbaros Restaurant.  From the hotel there are plenty of photo opportunites.  You want to be getting down to Myra, there are some rock tombs there and the finest Amphitheatre we have ever seen.  Look forward to your arrival.

Les

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:26:26 PM »
The rooms face the mountains and whilst it''s not a sea view it is still very nice. The views from the roof terrace are wonderful and the restaurant is very good too.

Offline blondie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 10:41:06 PM »
thanks Les and Joan

I remember the rock tombs and ruins of Myra - and yes the Father Christmas church and the beach of Patara from a previous day trip to this area.  Have been to Turkey a few times before - Kusaadasi and an Istanbul tour with Troy, Pergamon and Brursa.  Altinkum, Side (a fav place) and Olu Deniz, Alanya and Antalya, inland tour of Capaddocia...can''''t believe its a been a good few years since last visit to Turkey though ...pleased to put that to rights with this upcoming visit  :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:45:16 PM by blondie »

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 04:10:26 PM »
We stayed here in May of last year, our first time in Kalkan.  Having shopped around, the Nur came out tops for us again this year.  Bobbie and Barish have done so much to the place since we last stayed and it is all to the benefit of the customer.  The cleaning ladies are still excellent as are the guys who operate throughout the Hotel.  Bayram is the joker in the pack and there is never a dull moment when he is around, he is so full of fun.  The food here both during the day and in the evening is still excellent, as it was last year.  Barish is still doing his boat trip round the bay and was very popular with guests.  Also this year they were doing a Bar-B-Q on a Sunday evening.           Les

Offline marlo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:25:35 PM »
Hi Blondie We are thinking of going to Kalkan for the first time ,mabe staying at the Hotel Nur . Would you reccomend it ? noticed you stayed there last year. Is Kalkan as lovely as it looks in the brochure? New Member Marlo

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 10:40:34 PM »
Kalkan is indeed a lovely safe friendly resort to relax and enjoy, hope you get a great hotel and have a wonderful time.  8)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 06:41:16 AM »
The location for the Nur is perfect, within walking distance of almost everything and some of the rooms have the view of the bay,
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 03:42:30 PM »
Hi Marlo and welcome, as you''ve seen by my post above, we have stayed at this Hotel twice and not been disappointed with the hospitality.  You have two options on Booking, you can do it direct with the hotel through their website(I will pm this to you) or you can go through Thomson.  As DRBD has rightly said, it is perfectly located for access to Kalkan and is only 100 yards from the weekly market.  By the way, Kalkan is better than what it looks in the brochure, wonderful scenery and fantasticly friendly people.  If you do decide to go, check out the restaurant recommendations, you are spoilt for choice, there were 251 in 2007, just enough to keep you going for a fortnight or so !!  Kalkan has the highest concentration of restaurants per square mile in Turkey.

Les

Offline Shirley Burley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 07:47:04 PM »
Can anyone tell me where these 251 restaurants are in Kalkan please?!  I''m amazed at the amount of times I''ve heard there are more than 200 restaurants and would really like to know where they are all hiding...

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »
Not sure anyone has actually counted them but that figure is quoted in several travel articles. Sure it doesn''t matter exactly how many there are, suffice to say there are many and varied eating establishments to suit all tastes

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 08:31:38 PM »
I think that anywhere serving ''refreshments'' of any kind, is counted as a restaurant.  This includes snacks, pancakes, pide and probably turkish delight!

Offline marlo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »
Thank you all for your replys, found them very helpful. ;)  marlo

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 06:12:35 PM »
I know this has gone a little off topic but my information came from the gentleman touting outside Doyum when we were here in September.

Les

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 06:51:05 PM »
One thing you can be sure of though is that they come & they go, some come again, some don''t, so perhaps the last count was when they were all there ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal