Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Does anyone know about European Vacations ltd?  (Read 4206 times)

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Does anyone know about European Vacations ltd?
« on: October 30, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »
I've just 'won' an ebay auction for a weeks holiday (for 2) in Antalya, including flights and 5 star hotels for the princely sum of £8.50.  It has crossed my mind that there may be a catch!  However, I've not found anything too dreadful yet.  Has anyone else had dealings with this company.  They swear blind its not timeshare (and the reviews tend to agree).  I'll be inclined to go unless I hear anything to the contrary... but I expect to be disillusioned! 
This is some of the blurb

This holiday starts in Antalya and is a two centre holiday based in two hotels the 4 Star Grand Ring Hotel and 4 Star Vera Club Hotel with an overnight tour to the the world renowned thermal terraces at Pamukkale and the ancient town of Hierapolis is included.

What this holiday certificate includes for 2 people:

Return transport from the UK to Turkey. Coach transfers to hotels included.
3 Nights in the Vera Club Hotel Paradiso (or similar) near Antalya. Double room with all the hotels facilities.
3 Nights in the Grand Ring Hotel (or similar) near Kemer area with double room with all the hotel facilities available.
2 Day excursion to Pamukkale and Taurus mountains with 5* hotel overnight in Pamukkale.
English speaking Tour Guide throughout.

I'd be grateful for any opinions / words of wisdom etc.
Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6692.0

Offline SimonG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Does anyone know about European Vacations ltd?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:24:09 PM »
Try looking on trip adviser, I think they have had people writing in about European Vacations Ltd.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 07:41:16 AM »
Check the comments on the bottom of this article and then make your own mind up.
http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/11/the-catch-in-the-20-break-from.html

Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:53:15 AM »
Thankyou for your help.   :D
Whilst it's clear some people feel it's a scam because of the add on costs I still think it could be worth it just for the airfare costs alone.  I was thinking I could hire a car and come and stay in dear old Kalkan for some of the week at least. 
All roads in Turkey seem to lead to Kalkan for me!
Anyway, I'll wait and see if I hear any more!
Thanks again :D

Offline kal1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 02:56:43 PM »
In my opinion its a scam where you pay £20 and you dont get anything. The £20 is not worth most peoples time, effort etc to do anything about it and they end up losing £20 whilst the company makes lots of £20"s.

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »
Oh dear - methinks another scam.   Cast your minds back a few years (you youngsters will not be aware of this).  The great Hoover flights scam!   We bought a new dishwasher, unaware of the "promotion" - free return flights to the States!!!!!!
Great, we thought, as at the time owned a property in Florida.   Without boring you all, after several frustrating months of correspondence and the TV and media picking up on it, we got our "free tickets" - via courier.  Great, we mistakenly thought,  upon opening the envelope we had to be at Glasgow Airport within hours to "fly to the USA for free"!  Super if you live in Scotland, not in the darkest depths of Southern England!!!!!  Thousands of people never even got as far as we did, i.e. receiving tickets!  BEWARE >:D >:D >:D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »
Moral of the story is don't buy a Hoover...my mother in law has got a Broomstick and she can fly on it :angel:
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 10:40:08 PM »
Oh dear - methinks another scam.   Cast your minds back a few years (you youngsters will not be aware of this).  The great Hoover flights scam!   We bought a new dishwasher, unaware of the "promotion" - free return flights to the States!!!!!!
Great, we thought, as at the time owned a property in Florida.   Without boring you all, after several frustrating months of correspondence and the TV and media picking up on it, we got our "free tickets" - via courier.  Great, we mistakenly thought,  upon opening the envelope we had to be at Glasgow Airport within hours to "fly to the USA for free"!  Super if you live in Scotland, not in the darkest depths of Southern England!!!!!  Thousands of people never even got as far as we did, i.e. receiving tickets!  BEWARE >:D >:D >:D

The Hoover offer definitely wasn't a scam, we got two lots of free flights to the USA both with BA. True you had to jump through a few hoops but still saved a packet.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:43:49 PM by alantj »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
European Footy

Started by Blue Lizard on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post November 18, 2011, 08:53:56 PM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal