Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What a place  (Read 5618 times)

Offline skauser

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
What a place
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:25:34 PM »
Well I've finally got round to writing up my holiday report, had a 25 hour delay journey coming home so didn't end up getting home until Sunday night and you know how it is trying to catch up on everything.
We had a 2 hour delay leaving Manchester (by the way we flew with Monarch) so by the time we got to Dalaman I think the driver wanted to get home as quick as he could(we used Enes Travel) had to close my eyes in several places, but soon realised during the holiday this seemed to be the norm. So we made good timing getting to the villa which was Villa Safran in Komerluk. Well what can I say when Ali shown us round the villa i couldn't catch my breath, we couldn't believe how lovely it was and the views are to die for. Seen as though it was getting on a bit Ali arranged for a taxi to take us into town. After humming and haring we finally decided on Kosk for our first meal, probably something to do with the freebies they were offering. We all really enjoyed our meals, the service was great and the card tricks were funny. As we enjoyed it there so much we went back another night.
The next day there were one or two hangovers including me, which soon realised hangovers and the heat dont mix too well! We went down to Palm beach Club had a breakfast then caught the boat across. We managed to get some supplies and thought we would have a bar b q that night. When we arrived back at the villa realised we didn't have any beer so later on that evening we thought we would try to walk into town, oh my word what a hill! My in laws are getting on a bit so they really struggled so we decided to stop of at Lukas for a drink or 2 or 3 and ended up staying there to eat, again we found the food really great, it seems a shame as many people dont visit it with where it is. The next day we had a lazy day by the pool and eventually ended up having our bar b q.On the Wednesday we went to Patara beach and had great fun jumping the waves.Thursday was market day and had a good laugh. Friday was the best day of the holiday we booked to go on Romantik 1 as there were only 6 of us it was great having the boat all to ourselves. The lunch was exceptional, swam across for a mud bath, partner ended up losing his snorkel and Salaman tried swimming around looking for it.The only problem was that night we all still felt like we were still on a boat! More days were spent lazing by the pool, too hot! Now and then popping into town for supplies!
We did the usual trips such as Saklikent gorge, Fethiye market and Kaya Koy. Other restaurants we went to were Ibo terrace the food was OK but there was no atmosphere,we had great steaks at Alternatif, and we all really enjoyed Doy Doy, the food was exceptional. But the best place of all was Adams Place its a great idea that he comes and picks up you and drops you off, again we went there a couple of times and what views he has.His family are all so nice and nothing was a problem.
And so it came to us going home arrived at Dalaman airport Saturday afternoon only to be told our flight was delayed so got put up in a flea pit hotel just outside but the good thing was the bar below was opening that night and were offering free drinks!

Well I can truly say what a wonderful holiday we had, the place, the people and the food are all really good and i will certainly return one day.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6452.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: What a place
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 09:41:51 PM »
glad you had a good holiday....reading this has just reminded me......when we were in Kalkan last month we went to Adams place for the first time for lunch and his daughter cut her foot on some glass and the last thing we saw of her and Adam was her being bundled into the car to take her off for medical help...hope she got on OK

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:41:20 PM »
Thanks for posting your report, Skauser, and glad you enjoyed one of our favourite restaurants - Adam and his family are so lovely.
Your villa sounded great and we will check it out.

All the best,

Antler

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 09:21:14 AM »
Hello Skauser
Thanks for posting about your lovely holiday. You packed a whole lot in, and put Adams at the top of my list! (there are places several vying for that, but we'll see what happens when we get there!).

What a nightmare journey home - but it sounds like you had many happy memories (and perhaps a few Efes) to sustain that sense of humour!

Be great to see some pictures, when you come back down to earth.

Thanks again.
Lori
if you can walk you can dance

Offline desper8housewife

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 06:42:30 PM »
Sounds like you had an amazing holiday, I have booked villa Safran for 2 weeks in August..Cant wait..your description is exactly what I was hoping for..as it was the pool area and views that sold it to me on the owners website.. thanks  for taking the time to write your post...will def try Doy Doy and Adams when we get there.

Offline skauser

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 07:44:37 PM »
Hi desper8house wife, i've uploaded some photos of villa safran, you will love it,make sure if you ring Adam to come and pick you up tell him its villa safran in komerluk as apparently there are 3 and he went to a different one the first night to pick us up.Also tell him it was his lucky oman that recommended you, he said the second night we went his place had never been so full!!!

Offline desper8housewife

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 01:26:35 PM »
Hi Skauser, Firstly apologies for the delay in replying to your post, think I must have had a few too many vinos when I posted it as couldnt remember writing it   :) Anyway Thanks for the pics they are fantastic, I am due to stay there in August, your pics have certainly made me even more certain we have nothing to worry about.
Will definatley pass on your comments to Adam... and thanks for the tips on the restaurants, If you could offer any further tips then It would be really appreciated... Thanks again.. Michelle.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 02:44:29 PM »
Our first guests have just returned from their first visit to Kalkan.    Won't advertise by giving their comments on our property but thought that those who may be about to have their first visit to Kalkan would like to hear one or two quotes from this couple:

"Kalkan was really gorgeous"
"The food was fabulous  and we just couldn't get a bad meal"
"A lovely place and lovely people"

Hope this encourages any more first-timers to look forward to their holiday.

Offline Random

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 11:40:04 PM »
So nice to get people writing about the real Kalkan that we all love. Thank you all.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Adams place .

Started by Darcy on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post September 09, 2013, 06:26:56 PM
by chickengeorge
xx
Adams Place

Started by Griffo63 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post May 18, 2014, 05:46:45 PM
by Joeyloveskalkan
xx
A Place in the Sun - Kalkan

Started by Kalkan-Mina on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post March 21, 2008, 08:09:38 PM
by Chucky
xx
Place your bets..............

Started by pw on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post May 04, 2011, 03:35:15 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal