Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Honeymoon in Kalkan!  (Read 7942 times)

Offline Amndwr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Honeymoon in Kalkan!
« on: September 09, 2007, 07:53:57 PM »
Well, where do I start?  As some of you already know from my time on the forum, I booked a surprise holiday in Kalkan following our wedding the week before...I kept it quiet and then surprise surprise at Gatwick when unloading the car - Jon thought..mmMM - lotta luggage there for 2 days in Paris.. I just smiled and when we got inside the terminal - told him that we were not going to Paris for 2 days = but to Kalkan for 1 week.....
He was very very pleased to say the least...anyway, 4 hours later and a bottle of champers and a snooze - we arrive at Dalaman - then a smooth and organised transfer to Kalkan - we slept all the way, then woke up just as we came down the big hill into Kalkan...it looked sooo beautiful....Stright to our apartment at the Pasha Apart Hotel - what a beautiful view we had in  apartment no. 9 - the apartment was spotless - well equiped and welcoming....we  quickly unpacked - had a brandy and coffee admiring the view - then crashed til morning.......

First day we had a turkish bath at the Regency Hotel - which is just across the road from the Pasha... when we went in - people were just laid chilling in the rest area drinking apple tea - in we went to change and wrap our towels around - then we were led into the bath.... lovely - we laid for 20 minutes then the bather came in and started the scrub and the soap and massage - only Jon and I in there - taking turns and getting really clean - I exfoliate on a regular basis but still the dirt that came off me from my scrub was incredible...I would fully recommend a turkish bath to everyone on day 1 - and I must say - I have the best tan ever from the holiday!!

The rest of the day we spent at Palm beach club...very relaxing - good music playing and very easy to get in and out of the sea - blissful......... the evening meal was a meze at Ali baba''s - the cafe in town - we walked passed and the food looked soo good we tried it - fantastic, fresh and v tasty - not to mention - very very cheap... lovely..

During our stay - we went to Mahal beach club - again, what more could you want - comfy beds and brollys - super lunch and easy access in and out of the sea... we tried Kalamar beach club - Jon went scuba diving which he thought was fantastic - Kalamar tended to be a bit busier than Mahal and Palm Beach - but faultless and the free internet service was useful...oh yes - the homemade lemonade a MUST!

We went to Patara Beach one day - got the bus there and back which was cheap and easy.... one word of warning though - we headed for the bus station to get the bus - which is situated at the top of a very steep hill just out of the village - walking in the mid morning heat up it was very hard work indeed!!  Beach was lovely, safe - sea beautiful - great facilities - cafe/bar/shade - showers and changing huts etc...

We went on a gulet lazy day trip - we joined a family of four on the sunset 1 boat - the family sat on the seats reading the entire time (mum/dad/2 teenagers) - so Jon and I - settled down on the sunbeds at the front of the boat - what a chill out - swimming, eating, sailing, mud baths, fishing, sleeping....  perfect day......... lunch was scummy too - xx

We had a lovely surprise honeymoon present from Jon at Enjoy Kalkan - a moonlight cruise with Adda tours - we didnt manage to do the moonlight trip due to insuffiient numbers - however, the guys at adda were most accomadating and they offered us any other trip we wanted - we chose the Blue Cruise (to do on our last day) - which is a lazy day gulet trip round the nearby bays - again- with fishing, mud baths, lunch, swimming etc etc... the boat had two decks - lots of room in the sun or the shade depending on your preference...and the crew were brilliant - thoroughly recommend it!! - and thanks again to Jon for such a lovely present and the perfect last day on our honeymoon...

We ate at Sofra (not impressed - too fussy and small portions) - but romantic setting and who cares about the food when on honeymoon.... the steaks at the place next to Daphnes were lovely........ we tried extinct which is located up the road near the roundabout where breeze is - lovely food, I had Sea bass and Jon had lamb kebab - super and very cheap - but very quiet.... most evenings we ended up in Belgins Kitchen for a drink or two and a dance... great fun... :D

We will return to Kalkan - our children are 1, 3 and 12 - so maybe not for a while with them...although - if we found the right villa thats safe and well equiped we might risk it - just the thought of the double buggy in the village is off putting and we wouldnt be able to use the beach clubs with  2 toddlers in tow...However, if we get the chance to return childfree - kalkan would be first choice without a doubt - and in a few years - with the children a bit older - with them - xx

All thats left to say, is that we had the best week...Kalkan is beautiful - the Pasha Apart Hotel is superb - in a great location about 5 minutes walk from the start of the village, with very friendly owners who couldn''t do enough to help and assist arranging days out, taxis, advice  etc - they had a bbq one night but unfortunatley for us we missed it.... We are hooked and already have recommended Kalkan to friends and family who are looking to book ready for next year... This website and forum has been invaluable to me in planning the holiday....

thank you.........Amanda and Jon  x

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=644.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Honeymoon in Kalkan!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 07:59:02 PM »
Congratulations again Amanda & Jon! So glad you loved Kalkan and Jon was happy with his suprise!

Glad you enjoyed your present from Enjoy Kalkan  :)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »
Forgot to say........ cant wait to see the photos!  :D

Offline Amndwr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 08:12:43 PM »
Yes - i have some ready to post - just got to get the software on my pc then I can download them.... ;D.........  xx

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 08:42:32 PM »
Ooooh I love it when a plan comes together. Congratulations again Amanda. We all knew you had picked the perfect place for a Honeymoon. You did your homework. I bet you did not get to do everything you had planned though. I am really looking forward to seeing your pictures and hope you will post one of your wedding day with hubby and your kiddie winkies.
Hope you will still visit us on the forum and in the chatroom.
Joan  :-*

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 08:50:56 PM »
Hi Amanda - so glad it was up to your expectations...and that you had a fantastic time - what a place for a honeymoon eh..??!!  What a place anyway..any excuse will do..!!!  LOL  ;D
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 09:11:27 PM »
Well done for pulling it off so well!

I know we''ll see you back in Kalkan in the not too distant future!!

Ros

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 09:38:59 PM »
Congratulations Amanda, so glad you had a wonderful time.  I must admit, I shed a tear when I was reading your post.  Hope you come back.

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 10:43:26 PM »
Wow! So glad you had such a good time - Kalkan is special.

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 11:02:03 AM »
That was just fantastic Amanda, I have been reading your previous posts with a great deal of admiration, wondering how on earth you could pull this off, I would be absolutely hopeless! I am so pleased everything went according to plan and that you had a wonderful honeymoon.

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 01:43:33 PM »
Many congratulations Amandwr!
Kalkan is THE best place for honeymoon...we had a lovely honeymoon fortnight in Kalkan last year and look back on it with a great big smile!
Heres to a happy marriage!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »
i knew you''d love it!! ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 05:32:48 PM »
Great post, glad you had a wonderful time. Kalkan has that something other places just miss out on.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Amndwr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 04:54:39 PM »
Thanks guys and girls for your comments... I forgot to mention - that I met another forum member and family - surreylady50 - who was staying at the Pasha during the time of my stay....  ;) It was great to meet up and compare notes and discuss the forum...and I''m really looking forward to Surreylady''s report as I know it will be a super comprehensive one... 

Ahhh... I''m missing Kalkan so much... the search starts for accomadation suitable for the toddlers.... I plan for us to go again in May next year.... nothing else will doooo.... ;)

Offline Amndwr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 09:19:13 PM »
Missing Kalkan soooo much...  :(Oh the winter weather has started here in the UK and its very very very cold at the moment. >:(  I have just been trying to download my honeymoon pic ''s onto my pc - so watch out - I might be able to get some posted on the forum.... oohh...I want to go on holiday now...............

Offline Amndwr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 02:10:56 PM »
Oooooooo ;D I wnat to go back to kalkan soon.... just reading my post to remind myself   :(

amanda x x

Offline bilton

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 04:17:51 PM »
Just read your post and it brought Kalkan back to mind.  We were in Kalkan at the same time as you last year - in fact we were staying at the Lizo nearly opposite.  We hoped we might find out who you were and looked around on BBQ night at the Pasha but as you said, you missed it.  Likewise, the Lizo was very friendly and comfortable and we had a wonderful stay but wasn''t it very hot!  We have recommended Kalkan to our son and his girlfriend and they fly out on 30th May and are staying at the Korsan Apartments which look terrific and nearer to the town than accommodation on the Kalamar Road.  I know they are in for a treat and will love it there.  We ourselves are going to Turunc this year but we will definitely be going back to Kalkan, perhaps next year.
Cherry & Ian

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan - Suitable for a Honeymoon?

Started by mkdr29 on General Discussion

31 Replies
Last post April 30, 2014, 09:41:48 PM
by Lucy Lou
xx
Kalkan on honeymoon? Advice/help needed.

Started by Agent Ottoman on Accommodation and Hotels

16 Replies
Last post June 26, 2013, 09:12:50 PM
by Charlie
xx
Honeymoon Hotel

Started by Joanne on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post April 01, 2013, 07:23:56 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Best resturant for a honeymoon

Started by dylanleeds on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post May 06, 2010, 08:05:09 PM
by Pembo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Guess Where?

Views: 2624
By: bazza1970
Kalkan lanterns