Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Holiday report  (Read 4545 times)

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Holiday report
« on: September 14, 2010, 05:34:51 PM »
Hello everyone, we have just returned from a weeks holiday in sunny Kalkan. Because of reading some of the recent reports about August I thought I would add my two penny worth. I found the past comments helpful in deciding how we would plan our holiday and I hope my comments help members yet to go. This was our second trip to Kalkan staying at the same villa which was yet again absolutely great. Last year we had a taxi from Adda tours which was ok but a little hairy in the way the driver rallied his way to and from Kalkan, so this year we booked a hire car through them. Unfortunately there was no car waiting for us at the airport but after half an hour of trying to contact them we spotted an Adda tours driver and he eventually was able to talk to someone. One hour later a brave tours car arrived, saying that Adda had sub-contracted to them as they had more cars. The rep supplied us with bottles of cold water as we were told to meet them outside the carpark. Anyway off we went 2010 car all ok. The brave tours rep appeared next morning for his money. Restaurants....First night "Coast" very good, one rare fillet steak that was over cooked immediately removed and replaced, spot on evening. Second...."Kosk" very good meal, well looked after. Third...."Nar" after ordering the meal I suddenly noticed that 90% of the diners had empty plates in front of them and realised too late that we were going in for the long haul. 1 bottle of water, 1 bottle of wine, 4 beers later we got our meal. Very good quality food but poor service. Fourth...."Sofra" very good starter with classical guitarist playing away. Then three of our meals were presented to us and as we were waiting a little time for the last one we started. Then came the waiter who told us he has only one sea bream and could he cook us a bass. My friend had bass the evening before so said that he didn't want that and asked why they hadn't told us this before they had brought out the 3 other meals. Then he said he would get us a bream. 10 minutes after we had finished our meal he returned and said it would be ready in 5-10 minutes. We asked for the bill and said we were not going to wait any longer. He then said the Chef had dropped my friends bream and we could have coffee on the house while we waited. When we asked for the bill again after saying they shouldn't expect us to eat our meal separtely he asked us if we had never made a mistake. We paid and left, we won't return. Next night.... "Mahmuts" very good all through. Next night......"Chillies" very good for mezies and Kebabs, no fish etc much cheaper than others. Last night we wanted to go to Aubergine but it had loads of people waiting so we went next door to "Trio".... very good food and service. We ate at numerous places for light lunches which were all pretty good. Sorry its a bit war and peace but eating out, is what Kalkan is all about and good comments and bad comments will hopefully keep Kalkan good for us all by keeping the restaurants striving for high standards. A note on troublesome people (fights, drunks etc mentioned by other members) we never saw anything. A waiter told us that some people in August wanted to go to Marmaris but lost out because of the holiday company collapse, hopefully they will be luckier next year. Prices....all dearer but that dosen't matter if the standards are kept high. Service charges.....must have died a very quick death as we saw none, a testiment to "Enjoy" power. If, via recommendations and comments on here we help veto poor quality we help to maintain it. Keep up the good work "administrators" we all appreciate it......Back to rain now.......Ray

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6398.0
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:38:30 AM by cleworthallray »

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Holiday report
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 05:52:47 PM »
Thanks for sharing the report with us :)
Sorry to hear you had problems with Adda, did you book directly or through us?

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 07:11:44 PM »
Hi Ray, great report - it's a  sounds like all in all you had a good holiday.
Shame things were not always spot on. Sometimes things just go awry.

Like you I feel that it's important to give your honest view, so thanks for that.

"Enjoy" power! Fantastic!

I believe youv'e coined a new phrase ...

I for one feel lucky to have this forum to refer to, and take part in. It does what it says on the tin. Helps us to Enjoy Kalkan!
:)

if you can walk you can dance

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 08:10:08 PM »
Thanks Lorilou. We did have a great holiday and hope to book for next year soon.

Hi Kalkander....yes we did book it through Enjoy. Paid the deposit to them and received confirmation. Paid the rest to Brave Tours. If it was not for finding a Adda taxi man picking someelse up we would have been left high and dry. as it was we had to wait 1.5 hours to get going. Didn't ever hear from adda.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 08:24:50 PM »
I shall take this up with Adda Tours now as this should not happen.

If you have any issues with any aspect of an EnjoyKalkan booking please do not hesitate to contact either Adda Tours in Turkey on: + 90 532 615 01 74 or, The Enjoy Group Customer Services in the UK on: 0845 056 8398. Both numbers are manned 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.

I hope this helps
Jon

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 10:02:19 AM »
Thanks John, it was probally just a simple cock up and maybe they thought the quickest way to solve it was sub-contract to Brave tours as they had an office 5 minutes outside the airport. (in fact they waved at us when we past them)   But without the Adda taxi guy being there(who made a number of calls and saved our bacon) it could have been a total let down. He was 100% brill in attitude and action. I did think considering the Adda office is a ten minute walk from our villa a quick visit from them to check we were happy would have kept the customer sweet. Cheers Ray

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
My Missus just read my report and said that it wasn't Mahmuts restaurant we went in, it was Baharats up the steps where the old lady is making the bread near to Kosk .....great meal and view. Only had 1 efes must have needed another......Ray

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 12:53:22 PM »
And the 'old lady' is about 40 years of age.  You'll be popular Ray!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 05:33:51 PM »
And the 'old lady' is about 40 years of age.  You'll be popular Ray!

:o :-[

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 05:50:51 PM »
Hey Charlie.......I was 59 whilst in Kalkan and still feel like 19. Bread lady looked good to me. She must have remembered me from last year when the restaurant was full with a wedding. they were letting lanterns off across the Kosk where we were eating and waving for us to join them. When we went past later they were dancing in the street and asking people to join them. How friendly is that. The bread lady gave me a smile......guess i can still pull, perhaps she thought I was 79. Cheers ray (second time Ive written this.......must have pressed wrong button (efes induced dementure)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »
Bread Lady?...shouldn't she be with a Gingerbread man? ^-^
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 10:01:12 AM »
Hey Mr Lizard....what you trying to say. Perhaps I could get a job with her selling lavash filled with fish and chips. God I feel hungry now!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
May holiday report

Started by KalkanWilkie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post June 09, 2012, 11:33:12 PM
by Skunk
xx
Holiday Report

Started by ladybird on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post September 11, 2009, 01:23:48 PM
by Chrissie
smiley
Holiday report

Started by lyndsey on Holiday Reports and Reviews

9 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 12:26:01 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Holiday report

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post June 23, 2010, 10:39:04 AM
by Enişte

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Korsan

Views: 4288
By: Chucky
caretta caretta