Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cafe Leon - try it!!  (Read 2253 times)

Offline dkorman

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Cafe Leon - try it!!
« on: September 12, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »

Just been to a lovely new cafe in the centre of the Old Town - Cafe Leon. They're a new venture this year, and we wanted to tell people about them, as we think it's just what Kalkan needs. Great place to relax and spend a few hours, pretty decor, nice music, english newspapers, and you can use their wifi and laptops too, which was useful for us, as we needed to confirm our flights back to the UK. Lovely menu - mix of Turkish and English light meals, plus the only place in Kalkan that we have found where we can get our cake fix!. We sampled the the mezze plate, which was to die for, and the fishcakes were delicious too, we finished our meal with lovely coffees, scones and carrot cake. They have a nice breakfast menu too, and serve food in the evenings. Very reasonable prices, super Turkish/English family running it who can't do enough for you. It's just opposite the town mosque, down the road from Alternatif restaurant (note - they do take-away bags too for the airport...) try it we recommend you'll love it ( and big thanks to them for making us feel so welcome).

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6383.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Cafe Leon - try it!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 08:49:45 PM »
Welcome to EnjoyKalkan Dkorman,

I hope your enjoying your time in Kalkan still, look forward to hearing about the other places you have visited :)

Offline DKK

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 12:35:29 PM »
All I can say is that I agree, it is a fantastic little cafe that is a hidden gem in Kalkan.  The food is lovely and the cakes are stunning.  I would recommend this wonderful place, the owners are hard working but always have time to chat, and everything is so fresh.

I know that this is their first year and I hope that they are still around next year as I will certainly be paying them lots of visits!

Offline doug46b

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 09:49:03 AM »
Just back from Kalkan. What can I say about this lovely little cafe. Brilliant Janes carrot cake wow, you will not be disappointed  8) 8)

Offline BlackSnake

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 08:25:42 AM »
I would agree with all the comments about this lovely cafe.  Beautiful setting with great owners (Jane and Levant), made to feel very welcome.  Was able to use their laptop so that I could check my emails.  Can highly recommend the burger, fishcakes, cakes and milkshakes - good value for money, unlike a lot of places in Kalkan!  100% will visit when we are next in Kalkan.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Cafe Leon

Started by jenny.rutter on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

13 Replies
Last post August 19, 2010, 08:28:34 PM
by Amndwr
xx
Cafe Ev

Started by KalkanPosh on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post July 27, 2011, 08:25:50 PM
by KalkanPosh
xx
Cafe Ev

Started by clara 50 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

9 Replies
Last post June 07, 2014, 03:31:27 PM
by Joeyloveskalkan
xx
Cafe Ev

Started by LesleyO on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post May 25, 2015, 06:12:35 PM
by DRBD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal