Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Restaurant for wedding reception  (Read 4330 times)

Offline daisymai

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Restaurant for wedding reception
« on: September 09, 2010, 09:48:19 PM »
We are looking for a restaurant venue for our wedding reception and would really appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6361.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Restaurant for wedding reception
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:00:27 PM »
Nar :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 10:16:13 PM »
Coast@Gironda do weddings - you can have drinks in the wonderful courtyard before going up to the roof terrace for the meal.  Ilhan and Omer & team would look after you beautifully.  :)

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 08:57:43 AM »
I'm sure i read that someone held their wedding reception at the Mediteran that would be a great setting I'm sure, and the food is fab.

M

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 10:17:20 AM »
It was us!!  Look at my avatar picture.  The Mediteran is an amazing setting for a wedding.  The view is stunning, the food was great and nothing is trouble for any the staff.  However, the way that they usually work it, to guarantee the exclusivity for the wedding, is that you and your guests hire the whole hotel for the week - there are 15 rooms.  We got really favourable rates for the wedding and the accomodation and if you want any further information, send me a PM, I will help you all I can.  ;D   ;D
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline the lippys

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 11:26:18 AM »
Hi,
Just to let you know that we held our wedding at Coast at Gironda last year.  It was absolutely fantastic. Ilhan and Omar were very accommodating, very organized.  We had 3 different choices for each of the 3 courses.  These were all sent out with the invitations for everybody to choose, so everything was pre ordered.   The actual ceremony was held in the beautiful courtyard, the chairs all decorated in white covers, tied at the back by the most gorgeous coloured bouganvillea. After the ceremony we all had Pimms, until the sun went down and we all went up to the top terrace for our meal, with the most fantastic views across the bay.  During the meal we had a duo singing gently in the background, and then after the meal we had an English singer (Peter Brooks) who had everybody up dancing until early the next morning.  We could not have asked for a better day.

If you have not already booked your accommodation yet, you could always book the villa Mavi Koy, which is a 5 bedroom luxury villa on a waterfront location, which is also fantastic for weddings.  During the summer months (May-Oct) this is only available to book through the tour operator Exclusive Escapes.

The Lykia Residence Hotel is also a fantastic location for weddings.

Good luck and if you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mandy

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 12:14:09 PM »
I would try Lykia Spa and Residence - Jimmy is the Maitre D there (he used to be at Gironda before it got taken over), he organised a few weddings when he was at Gironda. He has great taste and the Lykia has amazing views of Kalkan bay, it would be stunning for photos, plus you could use the spa for the special occasion. You can contact Jimmy on jimmyvolkan@hotmail.com

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 12:26:32 PM »
Hi,
We had a reception to renew our vows 2 years ago at the Kosk. Mustafa and the Samira team organised a wonderful evening of food, drink and music for 50 people. We even had a 3 tier cake!
Rx

Offline bassett

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 12:40:28 PM »
i would agree with lykia. amazing views across the bay and fab food also some shelter if the weather should be cool/windy etc. But have herd that sometime this week jimmy has left! :'(

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 08:32:06 AM »
bassett - your information is correct, Jimmy has left Lykia. Such a shame cos he ran the restaurant really well and makes everyone feel welcome  :-[ .
It's still a great venue for a wedding though.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
WEDDING 2013

Started by emziem on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post September 02, 2012, 02:11:03 PM
by kalkankiki
xx
wedding in Kalkan

Started by MikeKelly on The Everything Else Area!

6 Replies
Last post August 16, 2016, 09:26:00 AM
by Chrl
xx
Wedding Photographer

Started by pinkyali on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post September 14, 2013, 08:47:44 AM
by pinkyali
smiley
Villa for a Wedding

Started by Wendy on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post October 28, 2010, 04:38:30 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal