Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Whats your best Kalkan memory?  (Read 4927 times)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Whats your best Kalkan memory?
« on: September 08, 2010, 05:41:28 PM »
As many people have now been to Kalkan........... why not share your best memory with us?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6357.0

Offline Trotter

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Whats your best Kalkan memory?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 08:25:26 PM »
As many people have now been to Kalkan........... why not share your best memory with us?

'
My best Kalkan Memory is sitting in a rooftop restaurant  'Rendezvous' enjoying a fabulous meal when my now husand proposed to me. That was 3 years ago , we have been back twice since then.

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 12:13:46 AM »

Just too many great memories to mention, largely thanks to you Jon - without this website and some of its initial members, we may never have been persuaded to visit Kalkan for the first time 3 years ago.  Visiting for the 7th time on Monday just to add to our already long list of fabulous memories (70's night at Kleo 2008 is in there).

Seems to be quite a few members visiting Kalkan next week - enjoy everyone, see you there!

Offline kris kadin

• CJ Cadden
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • I never seem to finish anything I've sta..........
    • Share Post
    • Perth Antennas
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 07:12:42 AM »
Swimming with wild dolphins and a mile wide shoal of tuna fish back in 92.
Tho Bwian, your father wath a wo man?

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 10:15:43 AM »
So many great memories from our first trip in June, but if i had to pick i would say our first evening there, got there early evening, unpacked, had a quick shower and headed up to the bar in The Lizo where we were staying, and it would be having that glass of cold Efes whilst looking out at that beautiful view over Kalkan before eating a lovely meal sitting on the terrace watching the lights twinkle in the town!! Heaven!
Nicky

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 12:36:35 PM »
After five visits so many memories! One wonderful memory was the last visit, we actually arrived back Monday. While we were there we were invited to meet one of our Turkish friends family. They live in a villa in Berzigan were they have an amazing orchard with fantastic views. They put on a wonderful meal for us which we didn't expect and all the food was either local or their own produce and fresh bread, pastries, butter etc made by Mama. I was presented with a beautiful pashmina, table runner and  gorgeous silver earrings that Mama had made herself, reduced me to tears it was so thoughtful. Although none of the women could speak English we still managed to communicate and we felt really at home. We were then taken back to our villa armed with bagfulls of fruit and veg they'd grown there. It is one experience we will never forget it restores your faith in human kindness, actually brings a tear to my eye as I type this. Truly amazing people!

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 08:58:33 PM »
Clara50, that really does sound truly amazing. And I bet the family in Berzigan will remember it, and talk about you and the occasion, just as much as you have and will. I can relate to what you say, sharing that experience 28 years ago when Mrs A and I had just got married, and shared our holidays with a Greek family on one of the islands. We used to watch the flying fish in the moonlight, while we ate sunflower seeds and drank Metaxa and laughed the whole time about the way we would communicate.

Thanks

Antler

Offline kris kadin

• CJ Cadden
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • I never seem to finish anything I've sta..........
    • Share Post
    • Perth Antennas
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 08:18:48 AM »
I agree, what a lovely story Clara!

A great example (and typical) of Turkish hospitality and generosity.  I would urge everyone on this forum to visit Bezirgan and see for yourselves.  It is a beautiful village with warm and friendly people.  I'm sure they would be overwhelmed by interested people taking time out to visit them and seeing how they live their lives.  Look at the Owlsland website, the photos of Bezirgan on there are stunning!  I never knew how colourful the place could be.  Truly magical!  I'm going to visit bezirgan one spring just to see the colours!

http://www.owlsland.com/

Offline Nick60

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »
First visit May 2009 with 10 friends. Did'nt want to go! Too new!
Fell in love with Kalkan, the people, the 'resort'.
Main memory is at Merkez Cafe, the wind-up waiter, the warmth from
'patron Bey' to all. Vivid memories to be reignited this September.
A beautiful place with beautiful people. No more to add.

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 07:12:10 PM »
These are fabulous memories; proposals, dolphins, making friends, and beautiful moments remembered from years ago.

Claire50 - thanks for sharing your lovely visit. I hadn't considered going to Berzigan, but your story and looking at the owlsland website mentioned by kris kadin made me want to get on a plane right now...

if you can walk you can dance

Offline GARDENIA PAT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 07:17:05 PM »

I love reading things like this,we too have had lovely experiences like this on several occasions which does tell you how nice Turkish people are,for the odd bad things you read the good outweighs;);)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
I re-live my best memory every time I visit Kalkan. It's the first view of the bay. No matter if it's the twinkling of the lights at night or the glorious sun on the water during the day, there's nothing to beat that first glimpse of Kalkan. I worried when the new road was built that the view would not be the same but it still evokes the same feelings of joy, anticipation and a sudden feeling of total relaxation :)

Offline GARDENIA PAT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »

Hurahhhhhh.

Offline Baggy

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 01:31:30 PM »
we are out in a couple of weeks for our third visit to Kalkan . . . twice last year!
Apart from the obvious views and general chill-inducing properties, we were touched by the trust of some of the people.
Twice we went for a meal and discovered too late one did not take plastic and the other's machine was on the blink. Both said it was no problem and we should come back tomorrow - with cash and one plact and to try the machine again at the other.
Another sweet moment was chatting to Mehmet and Abdullah in the Ottoman House one evening - our first visit - and then hearing someone call my name in the street a couple of days later and finding it was Abdullah who had spotted me and asked how I was enjoying my holiday and where was Adam (my other half).
Last September we turned up at our apartment and were shown round by Yussuf who looked after it. He then left and I started to wander down into town to pick up a couple of things from the supermarket. He offered me a lift on his moped and waitied while I did my shopping and brought me back!
Just a couple of examples of how the people really seem to make the place.
We can't wait to get back - stick the Efes in the fridge we'll be there in a fortnight!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
All but a Distant Memory

Started by suzyq1 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post July 31, 2015, 07:20:47 AM
by BarbH
xx
Whats going on on Kalkan beach ?

Started by onelove on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 30, 2011, 07:03:23 AM
by onelove
xx
Whats new for Kalkan 2010.

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

24 Replies
Last post April 15, 2010, 02:08:43 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Whats your favourite Kalkan drink?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

61 Replies
Last post May 13, 2009, 08:22:21 PM
by misty

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Brooksie

Views: 883
By: Brooksie
June 2011 Holiday