Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Not as magical  (Read 16464 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Not as magical
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 10:46:54 AM »
Flippen Floppen in untrained hands can be lethal!!! beware the initial panic from an aerial bug attack...this can cause a frenzy of flailing arms and uncontrolled Flippen Floppen mayhem...often resulting in smashed crockery and loved ones with large red ears...may i suggest you get someone to throw rolled up bits of paper at you while making a  humming or buzzing noise...this should steady your nerve for a real attack..........i wish you well in your mission terminator 3 ;D ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lancs lass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 12:12:08 PM »
I find " Brits Abroad" destroy every nice place.. with their total ignorance of the culture and traditions of the country they visit! How many brits know about Kemel Ataturk and what he did in 1923! and why the Turkish people have his portrait everywhere? And Ramazan? Wow ! Next year go to Benidorm!

My post did not relate to you at all Lancs lass.  I enjoyed reading your post.

This is the post I was referring to.

It annoyed me.  Why be so negative and even nasty about the general characteristics of fellow Brits?  Even if it’s something you believe I don’t think it is right to post something like that on a public forum.  My first reaction was surely this poster cannot be a Brit.
The section about M K Ataturk was again a broad derogatory statement which had an “I am Holier than thou” element to it and was completely unnecessary in my view. 
I find EK to be rewarding and worth a regular visit because it manages to be mostly positive, informative and constructive and long may this continue.

Phew, thanks Hummingbird - bit of paranoia creeping in there after being ranted at by same said poster on another thread! I totally agree about the holier than thou attitude - but it is 'their' Kalkan you know!  >:D

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 10:38:12 AM »
Dear blue lizard
Thank you for your advice.  Suddenly everyone is busy and they do not want to play/practice /get a cauliflower ear - spoilsports!   By the way, any particular paper, the Mail, News of the Screws or more upmarket?
If you see a somewhat demented person waving a flippen floppen in Kalkan next week, ignore it, just practising with the live ammunition! ;D

Offline Rockykalamar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2010, 08:00:28 PM »
Anyone read " Lord of the Flies " recently?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Magical Munnar

Started by lejert on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post May 24, 2012, 05:33:43 PM
by lejert

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

001.JPG

Views: 3626
By: kaz1865
Views of Kalkan