Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: planning a romantic birthday, help!!!!  (Read 2906 times)

Offline anyascarrot

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
planning a romantic birthday, help!!!!
« on: August 25, 2010, 07:42:16 PM »
Hi
I am really hope some of you can help.  I am traveling to Kalkan next week and am so excited as it looks amazing.  It is my boyfriends birthday while we are away and I really want to plan something romantic and special, maybe a day out on a gulet or/and a really special restaurant.

It would be amazing if anyone has any suggestions or any other ideas that might be suitable.  We are both quite adventurous 29 year olds and try and avoid anything packagey or crowded.

Also, does anyone know how busy Kalkan will be at the beginning of September and which are the quietest beach clubs?

Thanks so much!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6235.0

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: planning a romantic birthday, help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:58:30 PM »
To me the most romantic place in Kalkan is the Kleo bar - right down on the harbour at the eastern most end. Sitting there, just by the sea, with a drink at the start of your evening is just the best thing of all. As for a meal - it has to be a roof terrace and then you are spoilt for choice but I love the Olive garden & the Korsan Fish Terrace. I am also sur that you could hire a boat to take you out for a moonlight cruise & meal, just a deux. 

Kalkan is romantic -  you won't struggle to find somewhere special - you'll be spoilt for choice!

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:28:10 PM »
hear hear, Sally! Anyascarrot - the Olive Garden blew me away last time i was there - and Antler's reviews of Adams place are well worth a look! (search Adams / Antler). But wherever you choose, book a table with a view. Last thing you want on a special night is to rock up to a fab restaurant and end up at a table in the middle with restricted views ...
Sorry cant help with the boat - but others will be along help you out ...
Have a great celebration.
L
if you can walk you can dance

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:16:46 AM »
Why not hire one of the smaller boats just for the two of you for the day - Yildiz 1 would cost you about £100 - which includes arrival tea and coffee, lunch, fruit, afternoon tea and homemade cake - but not your soft/alcoholic drinks.
There are loads of fabulous restaurants - Coast@Gironda is our favourite - you can go for the table right in the corner, so you only have each other and the view to look at all night. Or one of the waterside tables at Villa Mahal in Kisla - wonderfully romantic!
Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure he'll have a great day :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Drakeasinduck

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »
Hi There,

You a right to be excited!  Mself (30 years old) and boyfriend (35) went to kalkan last year for the first time last year and loved it so much that we are returning on 6 September.  I NEVER thought I would return to the same place the following year but it is just so beautiful it's hard top imagine anywhere that can top it (certainly as close as it is to the UK!)

As other people have said, just about anywhere you go will be romantic and special for a birthday, but I would have to agree that Kleo is a good place to start the evening (and end it!).  Get one of their fabulous cocktails and enjoy the view.  You might see some shooting stars - we did!  They also play some pretty cool music depending on what you are in to.

We ate out every night for 2 weeks so covered a lot of ground.  Our favourites were Korsan Fish terrace and Coast @ Gironda without doubt.  Food / service / atmosphere excellent.  Aubergine was a MASSIVE dissapointment.  Overpriced, terrible food and when we complained about the starter - very rude service.  I would have to say avoid at all costs!!

We both live in London and consider ourselves to be quite foody - we eat out at least once a week in the UK so I do feel that my comments are fair.

Another place that we liked was the ottoman lounge - really nice atmosphere, especially if you enjoy the shisha pipes!  Very chilled out!

Whatever you do, have a fantastic time - are you going for 2 weeks or one?  We may bump into you!!

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 01:03:26 PM »
I would agree with everything drakeasinduck said especially about Aubergine, Mahal gets my vote and won me many brownie points on our anniversary.

M

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »
...have to agree with The Engineer and Drakeasinduck about Aubergine. We were huge fans of the place, going at least twice during each visit up until last year. We had a couple of occasions where we received very poor service and poor food and we were disappointed with how they dealt with genuine complaints. We've not returned and don't plan to - there are far better, more reasonable restaurants in Kalkan that don't live off reputation - IMO

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
I believe the Yali beach club and hotel will put a table down by the water for you in the evening for a very romantic dinner. The food there is very good I believe. You could have early eveing drinks in the Kleo bar then walk round the path, alongside the sea to the Yali. You would have to email or phone them to ask if they can do it and to make a booking. You can get them on www.yalibeachhotel.com/alacarte.html

Offline anyascarrot

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »
Thanks so so much for all you help.  I better get planning, although I have a feeling once I get there all the plans will go out the window.  Think he is in for a wonderful birthday!

Offline Emmad

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 07:53:06 PM »
We were in Kalkan recently for my cousins 25th birthday, we spoke to the fantastic staff at Ilyada restaurant who organised a birthday cake for us, on the night they dimmed all the lights and put those large sparklers on the floor of the restaurant and all the waiters sang happy birthday.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Where is the most romantic place in Kalkan

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post August 03, 2008, 10:15:00 PM
by chunky
xx
planning to buy

Started by pattaya on Buying A Property & Real Estate

3 Replies
Last post September 13, 2011, 08:41:23 AM
by Cuddles
xx
Planning permission

Started by Brosley on Buying A Property & Real Estate

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2014, 09:25:43 AM
by Brosley
xx
PLanning permission.

Started by Brosley on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post June 09, 2012, 07:46:16 AM
by DRBD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal