Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: car hire  (Read 3508 times)

Offline HEATH

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
car hire
« on: August 24, 2010, 10:10:53 PM »
Having just returned from Kalkan we were very disappointed with the car hire from Adda which we booked through Enjoy Kalkan
We booked 2 weeks car hire plus a driver to pick my family and myself up from Dalaman and drive us to Kalkan.We were met at the airport and i was told i had to drive the car myself as the driver had to stay to do another pick up.
Having been given the keys for a car that looked about 10 years old broken lights dinted doors etc i explained i was not happy to drive the car,the man from Adda told me not to worry we would recieve another car at 6pm.Not really happy driving that car i had no other option but to go ahead with what the man had told me.
Has we were driving to Kalkan we realised the man had not even asked to look at my licence nor were i asked to fill out any paperwork,i was in a bit of a panic then in case we got pulled by the police.
We arrived into Kalkan not problems thank goodness and waited for our new car,8pm still no car so i headed off to Adda to explain the situation ie no paperwork filled in and i had to drive from the airport in an "OLD BANGER"
The man sat behind the desk went on to say how long Adda had been in business.

The point is Adda is what if i had had a drink on the plane,what if i was a nervous driver,what if it had been my first time in Kalkan,WHAT IF I HAD BEEN PULLED BY THE POLICE.
Not good business practice at all Adda NEVER AGAIN ??? ???

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6228.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
Re: car hire
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If there are ever any issues with any part of our service please do contact us on our UK manned Customer Services number available 24/7, or our Turkish 24/7 Helpline. As this is the first I have heard of this issue please do feel free to PM me with more details and I can get the situation resolved.

Regards
Jon

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:10:17 PM »
Heath,

I believe that whilst you did book a driver, due to extreme unforeseen circumstances, a broken windscreen on a vehicle, a driver was not available to take you back to Kalkan. I believe at the time this was not a problem and you drove the rental vehicle back to Kalkan.

As you correctly state a replacement vehicle was promised at 6pm but Adda were not able to locate the villa you were staying at - Unfortunately as the booking only had a UK landline number specified they also had no means of contacting you to offer the replacement vehicle, a brand new Toyota Yaris. As you no longer wished to use Adda no charge was made for fuel etc used on the journey from Dalaman to Kalkan.

Reference the paper work all the vehicles have full insurance and the "passport" is always located in the car in the event you are stopped by the police.

I hope this is an accurate reflection of events, please do feel free to PM me if I can help further. As mentioned in the event of any problem that cannot be resolved, EnjoyKalkan offer a 24/7 emergency number in Turkey for Adda Tours and also a 24/7 manned EnjoyGroup call center in the UK if the matter is not able to be resolved with Adda.

Again sorry that on this occasion the service did not meet your expectations.

Jon

Offline cesmeresident

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Car hire - beware of Suncar
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 01:15:07 AM »
Suncar operate world wide so regardless of whether you are looking for a car for Kalkan or America beware as they bill you the full amount and do not pay the supplier which results in you having to paying again when you arrive. Cyprus car companies have now refused to deal with them due to unpaid bills and if you search the forums such as holidaytruths and Trip Advsor you will see loads of examples of their activities.  Todays Guardian has an article on the warning people not to use them
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/columnists/8050128/Travel-advice-car-hire-tough-luggage-sailing-in-the-Canaries.html

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 07:07:45 PM »
Jon

Whilst your response to Heath's post covers most points he raised and I sympathise that these breakdowns will occur, I do believe that it still seems the onus is being put on the hirer for not providing enough information in this instance, when clearly the problem lay with the hire company to collect the information it needs for all eventualities.

Heath made an extremely valid point - what if he and/or other members of his group that are able to drive, had been drinking before they arrived? Had this been even thought of?

Why wasn't the information about lack of mobile number mentioned when the driver handed over the keys - didn't anyone at the office think of telling the driver to get this information and to find out more about the villa address where Heath was staying? 

I would have thought that all the years of experience that Adda has been operating would have prepared them for just such emergencies, but on the contrary this doesn't seem a very professional approach and is disappointing considering the amount of promotion they receive on this site.  If they didn't have you to back them up and respond so promptly.......?

Rosie

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 09:05:07 AM »
I agree Rosie, if I was running Adda i would have done a lot more to satisfy the customers disappointment, therefore trying hard to keep them as a customer. When we arrived at Dalaman on the 6th September our hirecar was nowhere to be seen. When we eventually got in touch with them it was from an Adda taxi man via numerous of his private numbers. Over 1 hour later a car showed up. But this was from Bravetours and they said that they had just been sub-contracted to do the job. We had no apology, or any contact from Adda across the whole holiday. I'm sure Jon is very concerned about these seemingly unhelpful responces after letting members down, its just about the worst way to start a holiday. I believe he is having a meeting with them to discuss these problems. The kind of responce I receive will determine whether I give them another chance or not use them again.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Car hire

Started by Mmm on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post November 05, 2014, 11:33:00 PM
by Mmm
xx
Hire Car

Started by toffeelad on Flights and Travel

18 Replies
Last post July 09, 2009, 10:17:42 AM
by onelove
xx
Car hire.

Started by clara48 on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post March 10, 2009, 07:14:16 PM
by Kalkan regular
xx
Car Hire

Started by jcac on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post September 21, 2011, 03:19:40 PM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal