Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Mediteran hotel  (Read 5022 times)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Mediteran hotel
« on: August 19, 2010, 02:37:55 PM »
Have noticed many people mentioning this hotel. I've been to Kalkan quite a few times but just can't place where this place is situated  ??? ???. I understand you can go there as a non resident for a meal or a drink and the views are wonderful. We'll be just off the Kalamar road this time just a few yards from the Chinese, is it far from there? Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6189.0

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
Re: Mediteran hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »
Clara,

It's quite a walk up in the heat from where you will be staying. A taxi is best in the heat, at about 8 or 9 TL. It's at the top of the town, you cross over the main road and shoot up a very steep short hill, turn right (turning left is a sign for the Samira deluxe) and it is then a few hundred metres along on your right.

It is well worth the trip, as the views are incredible and the food is gorgeous. It has 15 apartments looking out over a large infinity pool and out to sea.

It's a little bit of paradise - go see!

cheers

Antler

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 03:02:03 PM »
Hi Clara 50
I was wondering that too - there are posts by Antler and which gives the telephone number - if you put Mediteran into the search box see what you get! I found this on the Simpson Travel website, think it's the same place, unless there are apartments and a seperate hotel?  lovely pic of the dining space and view from there ... http://www.simpsontravel.com/Turkey/Kalkan/Hotels/Mediteran_Hotel
a feast for the eyes.... Have a great trip
L
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:04:42 PM by lorilou »
if you can walk you can dance

Offline davidm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »
Its a fair walk from where you are. You need to get to the Samira Deluxe Hotel (which is across the D400) then turn right and keep walking up the new concrete hill for about 150m and its on your right. Alternatively a taxi will do the trick!

We stayed in a Villa about 50 metres from the Mediteran and following all of the positive feedback popped in for a drink before going into town early one evening and were put off returning by a pretty surly/unhelpful barman. Shame really as we could have gone there a few times during our fortnight but we felt as though we were doing him a favour by being there!

Having said that is has a sensational view of the bay and worth it for that alone.

Hope you have a better experience in there than we did!

Kalkan as ever delivered and we are currently deliberating about whether or not to go back again next year - that would be 4 years in a row...

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »
Thanks all! Think it might be a bit further up from the villa we stayed at in June that was quite near the Samira deluxe and to get to the villa off the main road you had to climb a short but extremely steep hill, a killer on the old calves. Have to have a walk up and take a look or better still a taxi up and walk back down stopping off at various hostelries en route to cool down. Any excuse for an Efes or two  :o!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Mediteran Hotel

Started by antler on Accommodation and Hotels

9 Replies
Last post July 08, 2010, 06:29:31 AM
by Mercimek
xx
Directions to Mediteran Hotel

Started by dancing ninja on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 09:37:12 AM
by dancing ninja
question
Mediteran hotel with Simpsons Travel

Started by Rharris on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post February 04, 2012, 09:42:28 PM
by Margot
recycled
Mediteran barbecue

Started by nerissa on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 17, 2010, 11:15:18 AM
by nerissa

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal