Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Another day another Boat  (Read 2243 times)

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Another day another Boat
« on: August 15, 2010, 08:01:37 AM »
Friday was a great day, we had booked Anil and Captain Ali for the day, our friends who are here at the same time and ourselves had again booked this way back in March. So glad we did, as Anil did not seem to have a free day for weeks to come. We were one of the first to leave at 9.30am and Ali took us straight for a cold swim where the mist was coming off the water. Jumped into the water and freezing….. But incredibly refreshing and then out for a lovely cup of coffee as we started motoring again. On Tuesday we had got a brief glimpse of a Turtle and today we had flying fish off the bow as we motored toward snake and mouse, we the bypassed these and went to mud bath beach which looked very different with no one else there and clean water as no one had yet done the washing off bit yet. Ali shouted and as we looked down we saw 5/6 squid swimming along. Quickly in the water, we followed them along as the changed colour as the moved over rock and sand. We then motored on and had a wonderful lunch in another bay whilst Ailsa climbed on rocks and dived into the sea. More bay hoping until Ali suggested that as it was so hot we return to the cold springs and get one last refreshing swim, which we all agreed to. All too quickly it was back into the harbour at 5pm and then after the usual shower we headed to Korsan Kebap for a Pitcher of Angora and some light food after our lunchtime feast aboard Anil.

Saturday was another chilled day around the pool and reading books before we headed into town for some light jewellery shopping and looking at apartments for sale. It is confusing that the same apartments appear in different estate agents and some times at different prices! We have also notice the price range is so great from £59,000 to £169,000 (a few were reduced from £85,000 to £64,000!) for 2 bed apartments will perhaps need to have a tour in the next few days as we seem to recognise names from places people have been staying who use the forum. We dined at Moussakka, table in the far corner in front of the bar, the place is small and has a great view down to the harbour and up over Kalamar, people arrived at tables at 9.45pm, perhaps waiting for it to get cooler or just had to book that late to get a table. The service and food were excellent, my daughter particularly enjoyed her calamari, plenty of water and Lal to rehydrate before a complimentary almond liqueur with the bill, think we spotted Felicity at another table as we left and made our way to do more “girlie shopping” for jewellery and even managed to return to the apartment with new dress, which I don’t remember being on the shopping list? Had to have a Baileys on ice, in order to recover from experience when we got back to apartment.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6158.0

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Another day another Boat
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 09:54:12 AM »
Hi ScotsinKalkan!

I can imagine how hot it must have been and to have to choose your water to get the maximum effect, is really something.

We had the same shopping list:  changing money up = Pandora charms! So no idea what the real exchange rate was!

Keep 'em coming and thanks a lot,

Antler

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »
Hey Scots in Kalkan - I was indeed in Moussaka on Sat night with my friends - newbies to Kalkan - just had to take them to the best restaurant (IMHO) in Kalkan.....so WHY didnt you tug me on the arm and introduce yourself...???!!!  >:( ??? :P :P

Would have been great to say HI - especially as my friends originate from bonny scotland..!!!  :o :o   Next time eh...??!!!

BTW - lovely reports!! xx
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • space sense
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 05:54:05 PM »
Oooh ScotsinKalkan - am unable to concentrate due to your lovely reports of fun days, balmy (barmy?) nights and almond liqueur induced shopping. Thank you!
7 weeks today, and counting ...
L
:)
if you can walk you can dance

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Boat help

Started by Jmsuch on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

18 Replies
Last post August 26, 2016, 04:54:09 PM
by cptergun
xx
when the boat comes in !

Started by brian j p on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post April 29, 2019, 02:28:57 PM
by brian j p
xx
Boat. Trips

Started by The Engineer on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post June 06, 2016, 06:36:30 AM
by mel
xx
Destinations by boat and/or by car

Started by travelingirls on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

12 Replies
Last post May 17, 2008, 06:47:04 AM
by Mercimek

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal