Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: boat trips?  (Read 10889 times)

Offline lucyandsteven88

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
boat trips?
« on: August 03, 2010, 09:37:18 PM »
Hi, it's going to be me and my boyfriends first trip to kalkan. I've been checking upon this forum quite a bit for info before we go, in about 3 weeks wooo!...

We really fancy doing a boat trip...and noticed that a few of you book before you go.
Do you think its worth booking in advance as we going this month? And also, what boat would you suggest and what are the prices?

Any feedback would be appreciated :)
Thanks guys

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6089.0

Offline maria

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Re: boat trips?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 10:17:15 PM »
Hi The Boat trips are Amazing,they all do a kind of set route, bay then one of the islands then mud beach and then a couple of more pretty stops.The day starts with tea/coffee with  Lunch at mud beach, then the other anchorages are fresh fruit and finally tea/coffee cake and biscuits all incl of boat ticket extras are the coldest beer/wines and soft drinks at pub prices.Boat 40TLpp plus alcohol.
One of are favourites is Pina X     Captain Abdi   90 532 677 3942
All the boats must be more than good,as a bad one would be flagged on KTLN
Don't forget your camera , sunscreen and swimwear.
Enjoy
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 09:59:40 AM by maria »

Offline lucyandsteven88

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 10:25:37 PM »
Thanks Maria...
Is there a website so I can book on , or am I best off reaching them by phone. And seriously only £20 per person for allllllll of that? wowza...I like the sound of that!
:)
x

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 10:55:24 PM »
Hi  lucyandsteven88!

There are many boats, and one we picked up details of from the Enjoy Kalkan forum was the Yildiz I and II.

You can enquire about these by email by contacting

osman@yildizboat.com

Captain Osman will respond quite quickly, I'm sure.

I can only support what has been said already, that these boat trips are a great day out. Some you can hire privately, some take up to 12 and there are a  fewer bigger ones taking 30 or more. One or two have higher diving platforms if this is what you want. Lots of choice!

TL40 was a typical rate for your day out, plus you paid separately for your drinks.

Hope this helps,

Antler

Offline lucyandsteven88

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 11:04:25 PM »
Hi Antler,

Thanks for the email!:)
I've been keeping up with your eloquent reports, and must say I'm rather excited...it's our first time to Kalkan and Turkey and we just can't wait..I dare say, I bet you have the holiday blues :(

Thanks very much
Lucy

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »
Hi Lucy!

Thanks for your nice comments!  It may sound eloquent on paper, but said with my combined Somerset & Yorkshire accent is really quite something else!

Hope you get yourself sorted with the boat trip. We were with friends there last week who loved it so much they went out twice within a couple of days. They just went down to the harbour and booked the day before; I think they went with the Falcon. It's just better to book before you go if you really want a particular boat, based on experience, or, what research you may have done.

As for the "blues"? No, I am OK, despite 14 degrees and rain all the way to Grimsby today. I'm OK because I'm re-living the memory loading up photos into the Gallery on here, and also planning the next trip - probably like you will do once you have had your spell in Paradise!

I hope you enjoy every moment - and put some photos on here too!

cheers

Antler

Offline ao1969

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 10:00:29 AM »
Hi Everyone

After reading so many recommendations here i emailed captain osman yesterday. A super quick reply came within a few hours, detailing all avilability, pricing and a brief description of the day & what sounds like yummy food for either private or group bookings.

I have just booked for our group (privately) at the end of August. Thats 4 adults & 4 Teens for the whole day including food for £220!! What a bargain when one considers our family of 6 went to the cinema last week-end - tickets, a drink each & some sweets & popcorn = £100! I won't even mention the cost of our trip to Alton Towers last year...the bank is still writing me letters about the overdraft that trip caused.

I can't wait

Sarah

Offline mitch

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
Each year we always have at least two boat trips, this year due to being lethargic we unfortunately found that there was not a great deal of choice as the boats were booked.  We therefore gambled and booked the Nihan, and were very disappointed. From arriving at the harbour in the morning, the captain made no effort what so ever to greet us, or explain the day's plan.  The captain was on his own and just could not manage to do anything. We were never offered a drink at any point in the day, he disappeared at each stop to go to other boats or to retire to his cabin, so as he was the only crew member, we had to wait ages to ask for him a drink.  The food at lunch was very poor, served on dirty plates and we weren't told what anything was. On the way back into the harbour (earlier than any other boat) we were not even offered cake or fruit- which we have always had on all other boats.

The captain's unfriendliness continued throughout the day, not once did he make any effort to talk to us, or even tell us how long we were at each stop for.

We paid the same amount as we would have done to go on any other boat, and know from experience what to expect.  The whole party was just very disappointed. Don't like to criticise any business in Kalkan publicly on a forum, but as the boat trips are alot of money for families, your hard earned cash is better spent on boats such as the Kartal, the Moby Dick, and the Falcon for a shared boat- all boats we have had excellent days out on.

Offline mee1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 11:55:08 AM »
Hi, interested in this thread - will be looking to do a boat trip next year - just for me and my husband (not a shared one)  can anyone recommend a smaller boat or do those mentioned above do trips just for two - i think last time we were in Kalkan - two years ago - this was about £100 pounds or a bit more

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 12:16:10 PM »
Yildiz 1 is a smaller boat - holds a maximum of 6. We've hired it for ourselves for the day and it cost £100 last year, excluding drinks. I think there are another couple of smaller boats, but someone will be along shortly.
To book Yildiz 1, its the same e-mail address as above - Adem in the captain
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Joules

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:40:04 AM »
I'll second Mitch re the "Nihan" - definitely one to avoid.
We went on this boat earlier in the season as everyone else was fully booked on the day we wanted, (now we know why this one wasn't!).
The boat was dirty, the captain was miserable and had filthy hands and fingernails which put everyone eating the food he had prepared, he was sailing without any crew which can't be safe, made no effort to make our experience special and everyone on board swore we would never use this boat again.
Yildiz 2 is fab, spotless, and Osman and his family are lovely, the food is excellent and the trip couldn't be more different to that experienced on Nihan.
If you are in a group of 10 or more I would recommend Emir, a different class to most of the boats - very luxurious and excellent food. My best boat trip experience so far this year.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 11:47:28 AM »
We can also highly recommend Yildiz With Osman and his wife, we had a lovely day out and will be doing it again
next year when we go back!!
Nicky

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 12:37:12 PM »
 For a small boat, I recommend Zeus with Captain Ali.  The boat is comfortable for 6 people.  Ali speaks excellent English and offers a good meal and afternoon snacks. This year our guests paid TL 300 for a full-day charter.  The larger boats have been charging 400-450 TL.

For other guests we chartered Sunset 1, very comfortable for up to 8 guests.  TL 400 including lunch, tea and cakes and a pleasant English-speaking captain.  We will probably mostly use this boat in future.  We have also used Hazal several times and can also recommend Captain Mehmet and his boat.  Same price:  TL 400 for up to 8 people.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:45:00 PM by Cosetta »
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 07:48:26 PM »
Like Cosetta, we are big fans of Capn Ali and Zeus.  He is a sweetheart and amazing spear fisherman!  Food superb, company excellent.  Which reminds me, I must book the boat for our next visit in 4 weeks - yay!

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 09:38:59 PM »
does anyone have a contact no for Captain Ali/Zeus please?
Thanks Toni

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 10:57:19 PM »
Ali's mobile no is 00905334470175.  Wonderful day out.  Hey Rachey hope I'm not looking for the same dates as you next month!  ;)

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 12:34:18 PM »
Hi.
Was looking on KLTN and saw a Day in the Life of Ali, captain of Anil. He is normally fully booked during the season, but the food is excellent.
Rx

Offline lucyandsteven88

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »
Hi everyone,
Thankyou for your input :)
Im getting so excited now, as we leave the dreary weather of Newcastle behind on the 26th August, and head to sunny Kalkan.
I've emailed Captain Osman to see he can fit us in, fingers crossed he can.
I can't wait to sip a cocktail or two and try all things turkish...it's also our first holiday away together...so hopefully Kalkan will make it equally special :)

Lucy
x

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 06:16:56 PM »
Thank you Charlie I'll book now for next May then? :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 07:40:51 PM »
Hey Charlie - hope not!  We're taking some Kalkan first-timers out on the trip  and know they'll just love it!  I'd better give Ali a call quick!!  :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
boat trips

Started by lornaboon on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post July 18, 2010, 11:25:41 AM
by lornaboon
xx
Boat trips

Started by Kalkan-Fan on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post September 13, 2010, 08:38:59 AM
by iminei
xx
Boat Trips

Started by kizzy on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

15 Replies
Last post June 30, 2014, 08:49:33 AM
by The Engineer
xx
Boat. Trips

Started by The Engineer on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post June 06, 2016, 06:36:30 AM
by mel

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Sunset

Views: 4091
By: irfan
Patara Beach