Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: nationwide flex account  (Read 5033 times)

Offline julieport

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
nationwide flex account
« on: August 02, 2010, 02:03:08 PM »
Hi,

Just a bit of info regarding using your Nationwide Flex account debit card to withdraw cash while in Kalkan. I read on the Daily Mail on line money report, that the Nationwide are going to start charging for all cash withdrawls from cash machines abroad so it may be worth people checking with their branch rather than find out too late! >:(

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6074.0

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: nationwide flex account
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 02:24:14 PM »
Link below to the press release from nationwide regarding changes to Flex Account.
http://www.nationwide.co.uk/mediacentre/PressRelease_this.asp?ID=1590

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 02:32:51 PM »
I asked today about free charges in turkey.....the woman explained it was to stop people "abusing" the system?  Bloody cheek!! i have decided i will take my money out and put it into another of my accounts elsewhere ...the Nationwide account will have the bare minimum to keep it open.....then a week before i go i shall put my money into my Nationwide account for my happy hols!!...they won't be earning interest off my dosh...... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline maria

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 08:05:43 PM »
Hi Nationwide states charges will come in in November But for Account holders this will include Free Travel insurance (prob 1 month) for existing customers up to the age of 75 or new customers up to 65 years of age.
Thats a good deal if you need short term Insurance as one of the papers stated cover for Senior Citizens has increased greatly (roughly from £250 to £1000 but obviously for an annual policy).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:11:52 PM by maria »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 09:35:33 PM »
I already get free travel insurance through another of my accounts so it won't deter me from playing dirty and "abusing my account" bloody nerve!! ... >:D >:D >:D

banks have had things there own way for far too long......many of them got bailed out of the doo do with public money and now have the nerve to pay whopping bonuses to chinless wonders in shiny bummed suits.....at the same time announcing vast profits!! about time they started lending money to businesses etc and even better pay some of the dosh back they were loaned....... >:D
i'm fighting back...a small step for  little people everywhere!!(i suppose they would be wouldn't they? ::) )

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 08:28:40 AM »
BL - Sadly many people did & do abuse their accounts with NW simply because they DID NOT charge for the use of their cards.  If you remember, its not that long ago on this forum where the subject was brought up and many replies were similar to " we are off to open a Flexi Account just for our holidays with NW" as their other banks charged high charges for use of cards. I, as an existing Flexi account holder was not impressed, now I will have to pay for the use of my card.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 09:03:54 AM »
Isn't 'abuse' rather a strong word to use?  If the bank allows the 'use' of their facilities overseas, how is this abuse?  I have used and benefitted from Nationwide's services overseas and will be sad to see them start charging, but if there were never restrictions on such use, whether to existing or new customers, I don't see that anyone has done anything wrong.

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 09:52:05 AM »
It is in no way abuse to use a Nationwide account in such a way, any more than it would classed as abuse to move your current or any other account to a bank that pays a higher rate of interest on your credit balance.  Nationwide offered the card and account on certain terms and if anything it would have been daft not to take it up!  I'm not happy that they are going to charge but it's not that big a price to pay.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 10:08:35 AM »
I found this womans arrogance typical of the banking world...it's not rocket science is it? 2 buses pull up at a stop one charges the other is free..which one do i get on?i have had my flex account for a good few years and have left money in throughout the year..(excess of £3,000 on which they make profit)so for this jumped up woman to insinuate that i am abusing the system is only i'm afraid a red rag to a bull >:D
i am only one person but if more folk "abused"  it by removing money till needed it would be an irritant like a flea on a dog..not life threatening but annoying to the dog! ;)

damn!! i nearly fell of my soap box!! :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 01:39:24 PM »
Santander Zero Account don't charge for using ATM's wherever you are in the world. You do need to use the account as your main account, but we've switched after being with HSBC group for eons and havent had any problems (touch wood :o )
Like utility services, we are not tied to one provider...shop around and see what's out there. Banks rely on you not wanting the hassle of moving your direct debits, salaries, etc. but they need to wake up...we are fed up with their behaviour...no-one abuses the system more than them!!!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Nationwide Flex Account

Started by FrancisDonald on Money & Finance

3 Replies
Last post July 08, 2010, 11:08:57 PM
by PACHSU
xx
Nationwide Flex Account

Started by sally on Money & Finance

8 Replies
Last post March 28, 2008, 10:40:13 AM
by Davs
xx
Nationwide Flex Account

Started by doug46b on Money & Finance

21 Replies
Last post July 31, 2009, 01:21:13 PM
by helen1
xx
nationwide flex account or sterling?

Started by lornaboon on Money & Finance

6 Replies
Last post July 14, 2010, 08:48:13 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal