Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler’s Day of Nothingness – Tuesday 27th July  (Read 1689 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
  • This was Day 11, with only 6 days more to go of our 2010 holiday in Kalkan. It always seems strange how the days at this time of the holiday seem to speed up. So doing nothing makes them seem a lot longer, at least for today.

I popped out to Teskom for a pint of Sut and a loaf of bread. It was forecast to be a tad cooler today, maybe 29C with a gentle breeze. Oooooh, very good for our day by the pool.

The Lads were up around midday and chatted about their night at Mojito, before ten of them went up to Omar’s Kitchen for a few beers – “because an Efes is only TL3.5 up there, Dad”. I couldn’t believe they were being so frugal, but no doubt, they have a master plan…..

We popped next door to Samira Garden to wi-fi the blog and for some friends to check their e-mail. It’s a smart, clean place, the Samira Garden, and although we rarely stay in hotels these days, we think its location right next door to our apartment is excellent and it has a very nice feel. There is a sign outside with their rates on: peak weeks are £250 per room for 2 people, including Air Con & breakfast. 15% discount for 2 weeks. So, £425 for your room, plus, say, £65 transfer each way, that’s £555 so far. Add £270 for a flight each (as we paid on Jet2 for Scott about 8 weeks ago) and I make that just under £1100 – or £550 each for your fortnight in paradise. Our2-bedroom Apartment for 4 (max 6) people next door worked out at roughly the same cost. “You pays your money, you takes your choice”.

The Lads needed to get some jeans altered, having worn them hanging off their backsides and walking on the legs. So they popped down to the tailors opposite Mussakka, shaking his hand when he recognised Ollie from last year. Ollie explained what he wanted (Mr Tailor needed no explanation, though).“TL10, come back tomorrow”.

Obviously still on their economy drive, The Lads arrived back at the apartment not having had home made Tomato soup in Foto Pizza, but with packets of Knorr soup.Later they advised “It tasted OK, but we had a problem with the lumps”. Strange I thought, how could they manage to get that wrong? Well, unable to read the instructions, they had boiled the kettle and poured the boiling water on the soup powder and it stuck together; a wonderful learning opportunity for them.

Not wanting the day to end, we lingered over a Jack Daniels & Coke on our lower balcony (posh gits, we have 3 balconies – 2 Romeos and one Juliet) until gone 9pm.

Then, showered & refreshed, and feeling very hungry, we walked across the car park and grabbed a taxi to take us to Café Vita, up the Kalamar Road, for much more than home made chips.

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6041.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:40:27 PM by antler »

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Can't believe you are on Day 11 already!  We are only there for 11 days at the end of August and I know its going to fly in.

Probably a very silly (male) question, but can the tailor actually alter the waist of jeans?  I have lost a bit of weight which I will no doubt put back on when I'm in Kalkan and my favourite pair of jeans are about 2 sizes too big around the waist.  If I thought he could alter them to fit, I would certainly pack them just to get them altered (luggage allowance permitting!)

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Yusef the tailor can alter anything, because I'm a short ass I take all my jeans, trousers, shirts and even t shirts to him for alterations, My suitcase on the way out to Kalkan is usually full of items that don't fit. He also makes the most amazing ladies linen trousers for around £28 per pair, we have a freind who is 6'2" and she has trouble finding trousers to fit so has them made on visits to kalkan. I have also had trousers let-out as for some reason they get to tight after 2-3 weeks in Turkey so I'm sure he would be able to tighten the waist of your jeans but iI would waiot till the end of your holiday cause they may just fit you by then.

M

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Yakapark Trout.JPG

Views: 2935
By: Lindy
October Sunset