Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan July '10: my 3rd trip  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Lauren

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Kalkan July '10: my 3rd trip
« on: July 21, 2010, 07:09:01 PM »
  • Returned last night from my 3rd trip to Kalkanwith the blues big time. I cant believe that its all over again, we only wentfor a week and it just wasn’t enough. The weather was perfect as always and imalready dreaming of our next trip.
    We flew with Onur Air from Stansted, which left bang ontime. Im a very nervous flyer and I was quite worried about flying with aTurkish budget airline but the flight was smooth, the stewardess’ were friendlyand there was plenty of leg room – drinks and snacks weren’t too pricey either.Would definitely use Onur again.
    We arrived at the Samira De Luxe to a room at the bottom ofthe apartment block in the corner with a lovely view of a wall and a generator,and as we would have to spend our evenings on the balcony while my daughterslept we complained to the hostess and we were offered a hotel room over in thenewer building with a fantastic view of the bay – which I thought was very goodof them. Overall I thought the Samira De Luxe was good; the pools a good size,there are plenty of facilities and things to keep kids entertained and theirTurkish evening was good fun. My only complaints would be the breakfast, as itwas very basic and didn’t even offer cereal or toast, and the price of the wine!
    We ate out every night and decided this time to tryrestaurants we hadnt eaten in before (apart from the essential return to Kaya  ;) ). We tried for thefirst time; Sandals, Trio, Kosk and Moussaka. My absolute fave out of all ofthem was Moussaka, the food alone did it for me but it also had a lot of thatKalkan charm. Its quite small and intimate, the view is gorgeous and we werereally taken care of. Trio was also good, the food was tasty and you get somenice freebie touches. I wouldn’t however return to Kosk. In my opinion the foodwas very bland and my steak, the Kosk Steak, (which i prefer medium/rare) cameto the table practically blue and drowned in an awful cheese sauce. We also haddifficulty getting the waiters attention and i was left with an empty wineglass for about 40 minutes. I also wouldnt rate Sandals much, although the foodwas quite tasty they seem to be going for the nouvelle cuisine feel and theportion sizes just didn’t reflect the price we paid. As for lunch, I wouldrecommend Foto’s for the value for money and gorgeous view. Merkez for thequality of the food and the hospitality, and not forgetting those frozen glassesthey pour your Efes into! Also, we had lunch at a little restaurant just upfrom Doy Doy – i cant remember the name but it was very good value for moneyand they are great with Kids.
    We managed to squeeze a boat trip into our week and decidedto go with Pina X, which on the day was captained by George. We had a fab dayout and it was really good value for money with a gorgeous lunch and reasonablypriced drinks. Would definitely recommend it.
    This trip was, again, amazing. Kalkan never gets old, itsthe only place ive ever returned to 3 times and I still haven’t had enough. Imthinking for the next trip, a mini backpack-type trail along the coast fromDalaman ending up in Kalkan. Inlice and Gocek look interesting, has anyone doneanything like this?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5987.0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Menu!

Views: 3362
By: Em1
Harbour