Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 1st time kalkan/turkey snorkelling/beach/shopping/sightseeing etc  (Read 5121 times)

Offline HL40sEastmid

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
I leave in a few days with daughter and husband to spend time in Kalkan to celebrate daughter's 7th birthday and wedding anniversary. We are hiring a car so keen to find out about snorkelling, patara and kaputas beach facilities, do we need to take picnic/drinks/sun umbrella etc? Want to get a leather jacket and heard fethiyke can buy or get made. Where do you recommend? want to do something special for bthday and anniversary events, gulet boat trip maybe and nice meal at night for those, where do you recommend? Been reading about leaping spiders what do you do when you see one to stop getting bite but getting them out of house?
Sightseeing I thought of Kas, Oludeniz,as well as places already mentioned what else would you recommend? People say euros are best but then you have got to convert from sterling, so is atm with turkish lira best? 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5979.0

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Forget euros. Everything is priced in lira. Why convert sterling to euros then to lira? Forget about the spiders as you'd be unlucky to find one. There is lots of info on this forum. Try using the search function and you will get loads of information.

Offline HL40sEastmid

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Thank you for your reply

Offline Slushpuppie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Hi

patara definitly has umbrellas and deck chairs you can rent for the day and they have a very nice cafe in the beach.  But patara isnt so good for snorkeling because its too sandy to see anything.  Not sure about kaputas.  However, a good place for snorkelling is Kalkan beach park.  They also have a water slide, a trampoline deck chairs and umbrellas and a big cafe

hope this helped

Offline Slushpuppie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
info 4 earlier comment...a free boat service runs frm kalkan harbour to kalkan beach park.  only takes 5 minutes.  And I think you can get a taxi from the beach park back home. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Not just Kalkan.....first time to Turkey!

Started by welshgal on General Discussion

30 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 10:53:05 PM
by welshgal
thumbup
FIRST TIME IN TURKEY/KALKAN

Started by marlo on Holiday Reports and Reviews

6 Replies
Last post June 12, 2008, 11:26:34 PM
by Reygirl
xx
First time visitors to Turkey/Kalkan

Started by Ainsley on Introduce Yourself

24 Replies
Last post July 26, 2012, 08:17:44 PM
by Joeyloveskalkan
xx
Young couple..first time going to Turkey and Kalkan!!

Started by lucyandsteven88 on Introduce Yourself

10 Replies
Last post May 29, 2010, 02:04:46 PM
by lucyandsteven88

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

hot.JPG

Views: 2940
By: Lindy
Patara beach